Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print
Pumpkin Challenge! (Prize included) (Read 15256 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Pumpkin Challenge! (Prize included)
Reply #90 - Oct 12th, 2020 at 8:57pm

Kick wrote on Oct 12th, 2020 at 4:01am:
An outside editor!? I feel like this is the beginning of an arms race. Next year is going to be ridiculous...

He he. I like where’s this is going, but “ridiculous“ is kinda what I was going for THIS year. Well... at least we have a whole year to come up with a new video. 

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #91 - Oct 12th, 2020 at 9:19pm

I already have my plan for next years pumpkin challenge.
Almost everything I wanted to achieve in this year’s went to plan.
But don’t forget we also have the annual “Easter Egg Challenge” and given the success of this year’s pumpkin challenge I have high hopes for the Egg challenge too.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #92 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 8:18am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4J5971dsMlQ

Hopefully it’s up to standard.

Big thanks to my GF for the editing skills!!!
« Last Edit: Oct 13th, 2020 at 5:50pm by Mersa »  

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #93 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 9:04am

That was excellent!  That mouth hit was too perfect! Thumbs Up

Love the bonus round.  I wish I thought to try that.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #94 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 9:31am

Giving the pumpkin a new nose was also pretty great Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #95 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 11:07am

Aw yeah!  That was awesome.

Talk about consistency. Did you see how many chips were taken out of the wall high right? Same pumpkin sized spot almost every time.

Bonus points for the bonus round. That ain't easy.

John R.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #96 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 4:06pm

Love that through-and-through shot.  Ouch!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #97 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 4:11pm

I count eight entries so far.  We still have two weeks left before voting time.  We only need 2 more video entries to unlock the Razor Glandes face mask prize.

Who else is in?

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #98 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 4:29pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Oct 13th, 2020 at 4:11pm:
I count eight entries so far.  We still have two weeks left before voting time.  We only need 2 more video entries to unlock the Razor Glandes face mask prize.

Who else is in?

Is it unique entries, or competitors?  PracticalParacord has two links in the fist post of the challenge.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #99 - Oct 13th, 2020 at 5:43pm

Thanks everyone, I hadn’t practiced at all with that ammo and it was the first serious slinging session in about 2 weeks, it took a little adjusting to find my groove again but I was pretty happy, think it took 13 shots for my direct hit with the big scary 300g glande.
I was hoping to continue using the glande but it really imbedded itself in the pumpkin. Straight through the front and cracked the back of a fresh pumpkin. A big improvement on previous years. It’s a scary bit of ammo and only just fits in my pouch, you can kinda tell how hesitant I am to try put power into the shot.
I changed camera angle after because I wanted to try see the pumpkin getting hit with the smaller ammo, and yeas I was missing slightly high right almost every miss.
I also loved the pass through. I don’t know if you can tell but it goes pretty much in the mouth and out the back of the pumpkin.
Aerial shot was good too only took 3 try’s , but I wish I caught it better on film it’s just in frame.
Tungsten was crazy only threw it once because it’s very expensive and I didn’t want to lose my best piece, but man that barely left a hole just pushed straight through no problems. With a stone that would have glanced for sure.
I kinda felt bad I put some serious holes in the wall, the steel was just little chips but the big glande was putting massive holes.

My original plan was to sink a pumpkin as last year I discovered they float quite well, but after seeing just what the pumpkin challenge was providing this year I was quickly discouraged from the idea, i did however go and take my remaining pumpkin to my usual slinging spot and attempt it, I can confirm that unles you embed rocks into the pumpkin it will not sink, I basically had a boat made of a pumpkin and I filled it with water after 5 or so minutes of slinging but it wouldn’t sink it just sat at the very top of the water, I was going to include the clips in my video but I was happy with the way the video turned out so I left it out.

I’ll add a small clip so you see my point.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #100 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 12:29am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Oct 13th, 2020 at 4:11pm:

Who else is in?

I always put the entries on the first post of the thread as soon as I see them. 8 entries so far.
Mersa wrote on Oct 13th, 2020 at 5:43pm:
I’ll add a small clip so you see my point.

That is funny. Even if you hit at the waterline it would still float.

John R.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #101 - Oct 14th, 2020 at 8:36pm

i just realised i stuffed up, I didn't aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #102 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 11:26am

nicer shooting mersa. Thumbs Up
You actually hit the pumpkin on the secoind throw in the bonus round you can see bits of pumpkin splatter in mid air.

Not easy that !

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #103 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 2:37pm

Hey CA... where’s your entry?

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #104 - Oct 21st, 2020 at 5:43pm

Thanks CA , hopefully you’re going to upload an entry and get onboard.

P.s. Still waiting on father SITHmas “wink wink”  Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Chris, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, LightSlinger)