Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Pumpkin Challenge! (Prize included) (Read 15265 times)
IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Re: Pumpkin Challenge! (Prize included)
Reply #45 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 7:58pm

Mersa wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 7:20pm:
Still no orange pumpkins in stores here yet but I’ll be getting one as soon as they arrive!!

If this continues to be the case, I think a painted vegetable/fruit of your choice would also be acceptable. Smiley

John R.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #46 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 9:40pm

Crazy to me that we have run basically the same thing the past 2 years in the “online challenge” thread but just a little bit more effort in making a specific thread for the 2020 Halloween pumpkin challenge has really picked up interest. 

To be fair, I was planning on entering this competition for the first time before IG spun off the new thread, but it is cleaner to have separate threads for each individual challenge.  It might also help that there's a serious prize up for grabs this year... two prizes if we have at least 10 participants.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #47 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 9:48pm

IronGoober wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 7:58pm:
Still no orange pumpkins in stores here yet but I’ll be getting one as soon as they arrive!!

If this continues to be the case, I think a painted vegetable/fruit of your choice would also be acceptable. Smiley

I don't think anyone who really wants to participate should be disqualified because they are unable to buy a pumpkin.  A watermelon would certainly be acceptable by my standards!  Also, I'd like to see a tomato... not because it's a good replacement for a pumpkin, but because it would be fun to watch it explode Smiley

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #48 - Sep 25th, 2020 at 12:21am

Thank you kindly C_A! I'll put that on the mantlepiece. This has definitely been a good idea to seperate out theof challenge to it's own post.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #49 - Sep 25th, 2020 at 12:22am

Also, I agree. Watermelon, squash, courgette... I'm fine with anything being included.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #50 - Sep 25th, 2020 at 3:35am

The pumpkin will come , it’s just not the typical pumpkin where im from , we have these Grey things that are basically concrete or butternuts as the usual in the store but they always bring in the orange ones before Halloween. But I’ll definitely need help editing my clip , I will clearly lose on the editing quality if not, the videos so far have been great I’m loving it

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #51 - Sep 25th, 2020 at 8:43am

Kick wrote on Sep 25th, 2020 at 12:21am:
Thank you kindly C_A! I'll put that on the mantlepiece. This has definitely been a good idea to seperate out theof challenge to it's own post.

Same here CA. What an honor!  I didn’t have any room on my mantle, so I took down my university diploma and two of my patents to make room for the star in my office. Doing so immediately boosted my credibility with both colleagues and clients... or at least it would have if we weren’t in a pandemic and anybody were actually coming to my office.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #52 - Sep 25th, 2020 at 9:00am

@Mersa, I’m very much still an amateur but I’d be happy to share editing tips if you want. I use Blender, which has a truly awful user interface but is a powerful video editor if you’re willing to learn how to use it.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #53 - Sep 25th, 2020 at 11:47am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Sep 25th, 2020 at 8:43am:
Kick wrote on Sep 25th, 2020 at 12:21am:

Same here CA. What an honor!  I didn’t have any room on my mantle, so I took down my university diploma and two of my patents to make room for the star in my office. Doing so immediately boosted my credibility with both colleagues and clients... or at least it would have if we weren’t in a pandemic and anybody were actually coming to my office.

I think I've been giving these out for at least ten years and I'm pretty sure we are NOT into double figures yet.
So yeah, pretty damn rare.

Unlike most awards that get given for trivial things like killing people or running faster than someone else who is also running fast.
You have to do something fairly unique to get one of my gold stars Smiley

So hey treasure it - one of these days there may even be an actual physical award - but you know me. easily distracted - so if that ever happens, it will really be one of the rarest awards on the planet Smiley

We don't have pumpkins yet.

However the field near my house has been cut for hay, close enough I can hoof the target over, and sufficient backspace that I don't risk killing anyone.
Currently figuring best way to set pumpkin up for demolition.

It ain't even october yet we've got over a month to go - even I've got enough time.
(you'd think)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #54 - Sep 25th, 2020 at 1:16pm

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #55 - Sep 25th, 2020 at 6:12pm

Here is my entry. 

https://youtu.be/T-fIUb-66zw

I hoped to have better results from the first bit, but oh well.  It was nice to have just about anyone interested , but I'm not used to having an audience. On a different note, I suppose it does say something interesting about the relative "safety" of rusty balls.
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2020 at 8:51pm by IronGoober »  

John R.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #56 - Sep 25th, 2020 at 10:04pm

Bravo, another great entry!!! This is the best online challenge yet , no questions asked!!!
Great hits and editing again !!

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #57 - Sep 25th, 2020 at 11:05pm

Mersa wrote on Sep 25th, 2020 at 10:04pm:
Bravo, another great entry!!! This is the best online challenge yet , no questions asked!!!
Great hits and editing again !!

Thank you. I look forward to your entry. I don't want to put forward too large of expectations, but I am hoping for some form of flying pumpkin...(I thought about doing it myself, but I am not good at aerial targets)

Jaegoor wrote on Sep 25th, 2020 at 1:16pm:

I really liked this video when you posted it. I wonder, did the gland shape show any differences in damage?? It is hard to tell without having the melon in hand.

John R.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #58 - Sep 26th, 2020 at 1:38am

Awesome IG!  Great slinging!

All these entries are flying in.  It's great, but making me anxious.  Mine's going to be a little while yet.  It's going to take some time to do what I'm planning.  And basically hope that everything works out. Cheesy

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #59 - Sep 26th, 2020 at 8:39am

Der Unterschied ist, daß eine glandes die Melone einfach durschlägt. Dabei wird die Melone oft gespalten. Ein Stein macht oft eine größere Verletzung. Was aber alle Versuche bisher gleich haben. Es gibt immer einen bruch. Für Steine typisch ist ebenfalls, daß ein zweites Loch entsteht. Hinten oder seitlich. Das wird bei Schädel sehr häufig beobachtet. Das Loch entsteht durch eine Impuls Weitergabe. Eine Keule macht eine völlig andere Verletzung.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: LightSlinger, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Chris)