Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Never talk to the police (Read 774 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Never talk to the police
Aug 14th, 2020 at 1:10pm

I am fairly pro police. I work closely with them for my job but this video makes a really good case for why you should never talk to the police when they interrogate you. It starts out with a defense attorney and finishes up with a detective from the police. You think it’s a debate but ,well, you will see if you watch it. I would tell everyone, at least here in America, to watch this at least once. It’s extremely entertaining as well as being really interesting and valuable information.

https://youtu.be/d-7o9xYp7eE

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Never talk to the police
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2020 at 8:20pm

Yup. That’s a classic.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2020 at 9:23pm

Couldn't you have found a condensed version of this talk? Smiley

John R.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2020 at 11:03pm

IronGoober wrote on Aug 14th, 2020 at 9:23pm:
Couldn't you have found a condensed version of this talk? Smiley

Technically the defense attorney talks so fast it’s already condensed.  Wink

But if you don’t want to watch the full video just watch the first part with the attorney. It’s very interesting hearing all the ways the most innocuous of statements on the interviewees part can turn into a guilty conviction regardless of how innocent the person may be. Really interesting stuff.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2020 at 3:59pm

Morphy wrote on Aug 14th, 2020 at 11:03pm:
It’s very interesting hearing all the ways the most innocuous of statements on the interviewees part can turn into a guilty conviction regardless of how innocent the person may be. Really interesting stuff.

I agree, I was just whining. I like to whine, it feels good.

John R.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #5 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 10:14am

Who doesn't like a little whine? Especially with a good meal.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Aug 16th, 2020 at 11:07am

You cannot talk your way out of jail. 

The default setting for the police is to arrest anyone they suspect of a crime and haul them to the jail for the judge and the DA to figure out if they should be charged and with what.

Every statement you make, can and will be held against you.  Not may.  Will.

So, be quiet, say you will make a statement after talking with a lawyer and then shut up.  You won't get out of jail sooner if you cooperate.  You have a much better chance of staying in jail a lot longer if you do.

And just remaining silent and not saying anything at all can also be held against you.

And if you're picked up Friday night, expect to stay in jail until Monday.  At least.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini)