Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Leather slinging ammo bags (Read 2741 times)
Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Leather slinging ammo bags
Reply #15 - Aug 17th, 2020 at 2:51pm

Sarosh wrote on Aug 17th, 2020 at 2:25pm:
@everyone

what's the capacity of your bags?
If I remember correct the one I use has capacity for 8-10kg of stones, I haven't filled to the top for a while though Sad
that's around 40-50x200g stones. It's meant for collecting ammo not for wearing while slinging.

So rather than an ammo “quiver” yours is more like a carrier. Both have their uses. I think mine would carry 50 - 125 gram ~4.5 oz ammo if using it like yours but just barely. Typically while target shooting or roving my average quiver load was 25-30 shots of the above weight.

IP Logged

darksidedsam
Tiro

Stone, Spin, Sling!

Essex, England
Reply #16 - Aug 18th, 2020 at 11:59am

So from what i gather here,
Its good to have 2 bags:

One is a larger pouch/bag to find and collect all of your ammunition in

The second is a smaller pouch that can hold say 20-30 shots max , (that way it wont get in the way of slinging, having some weighted object bouncing around can really throw off momentum from experience)

IP Logged

Tigger32
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #17 - Mar 7th, 2022 at 9:32pm

Ok so, I have tried some of the suggestions here, and also experimented with my own finds. The lowes/Homedepot cloth apron Is great for first starting out, and it can be worn on the waist, from the shoulder, or worn like a bandolier, though it can be a bit flobby and it's capacity isn't too high. It's cheap. 1.90 each where I live! I have also tried a "foraging pouch" that mounts to your belt and also folds up when not in use. It's really great and can even cinch up to not lose your ammo when walkng or slinging. You can find them for  about 15-40 on amazon or ebay.
For transporting ammo, I have found the "romanian Bread bag" to be good. It's pretty big, about the size of a small backpack but worn on the shoulder. Has a large main compartment and a narrower side pocket that you can store your slings, or water. It also has cloth or (or leather depending on which model you buy) straps on the main flap, to attach a bedroll to these can be had for about 20 to 40. I'll send pictures of all 3 in a while.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Chris, Kick, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15)