Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
My First Post (Read 6721 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: My First Post
Reply #15 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 6:18pm

Looking back at his posts I can see why I forgot about him. I could never be bothered to sift through his science word salad so skim read most of them. I do remember his claims and how it was completely physically impossible for him to gain access to any form of recording device so he could actually back up any of his incredible distances. This was particularly interesting to revisit...

http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1499008756/180

A very strange man.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #16 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 6:18pm

Kick wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 6:02pm:
I forgot about Apex-apoc! By god that was an annoying time period. I've got to say, they added colour those particular members, but I also have far fewer headaches these days.

Yes, debating the physics of slinging with that guy was like driving nails into your eyes.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #17 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 6:55pm

So long as these characters we get from time to time can take the inevitable roasting and/or extreme skepticism without completely losing it I really enjoy their presence. There was one thread with Apoc though that went on...and on...and on. It was like The Walking Dead version of threads. Peaked in the first few pages but refused to die after it had long outlived it’s usefulness. Still, what I wouldn’t give for RS and Apoc debating the physics of noodle performance these days.

EDIT: I should’ve looked at the link first Kick. It seems in true zombie form it has risen once more.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #18 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 8:19pm

It always comes down to not backing stuff up with evidence. RS apparently had the whole history of slingers and there being some sort or archer cult forcing them out in an old book that he was happy to give the name of but... oh where did he put it? Somewhere around here. He'll try and find it next week. Apex couldn't afford to buy a camera or borrow one one from a friend because... well why should the burden of proof be on him!? He was the one claiming easy 700+ throws, but really it was up to us to prove him wrong because maths! Look at all the maths! A picture is worth a thousand words, but Apex could ramble on for page after page after page after page and then quote something mentioned 5 comments back that you thought he had already comented on.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #19 - Jun 29th, 2020 at 9:45pm

But RS did give us the turkey, for that I’m grateful

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #20 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 1:19am

Mersa wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 9:45pm:
But RS did give us the turkey, for that I’m grateful

This is true. I should get some more practice with it sometime.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #21 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 11:20am

Ok, guys. I remember reading some of his posts, and the sheer aggression of everyone needing him to back up hils claims Tongue, but the turkey is one that I missed. Link?

John R.

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #22 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 11:48am

Didnt morphy start with the turkey throw

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #23 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 12:13pm

AncientCraftwork wrote on Jun 30th, 2020 at 11:48am:
Didnt morphy start with the turkey throw

No that was RS's creation.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #24 - Jun 30th, 2020 at 1:48pm

AncientCraftwork wrote on Jun 29th, 2020 at 12:00pm:
Has slinging.org become more polite compared to the early days?

Very much so.  We used to have some real characters.  Some just weren't wrapped very tight.  There was a sheep herder from Iceland... Kuger Slingdog.  He was always spoiling for a fight.  He attacked me on one of my very first threads.  To his credit if you stayed with it long enough he could be made to see reason.  He left slinging.org because he hated America and Americans.  I think I'm the only one who was sorry to see him go. 
    There was another named Connor.  He was an Irish kid I believe.  He liked to use his sling to destroy others' property.  I ended up banning him. After multiple warnings he wouldn't stop attacking another member's religious beliefs. 
  There were many others.  Yes, we were a lot less polite.

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #25 - Jul 1st, 2020 at 2:45am

I remember morphy had videos about the Turkey throw back in the 2013 or 14, long before 2018 when RS joined, he propagated it as a new style he thought of for hunting, holding the rock behind his back with one quick overhand sweep throw. Morphy could you chime in?

Morphy's youtube videos are set to private or deleted, I can no longer find his video where he showed it

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #26 - Jul 1st, 2020 at 3:07am

Was just looking at Kicks video to see if he meant the same thing with Turkey throw. Yep RS definitely didn't invent that one

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #27 - Jul 1st, 2020 at 7:50am

every single thing that rs said was complete and total bollocks !

He even lied about where he lived.

If you think he 'invented' a throw, then it's 100% certain he nicked it from somewhere else - or just plain guessed.
If he ever held a sling in his hands - it was a short term loan from someone else.

I like 'characters' but I don't like people who just plain come out with total fantasy and claim it's gospel.
That kind of thing makes the forum look bad.

I honestly don't know why I let rs stay so long.

Don't remember apoch at all.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #28 - Jul 1st, 2020 at 8:05am

AncientCraftwork wrote on Jul 1st, 2020 at 2:45am:
I remember morphy had videos about the Turkey throw back in the 2013 or 14, long before 2018 when RS joined, he propagated it as a new style he thought of for hunting, holding the rock behind his back with one quick overhand sweep throw. Morphy could you chime in?

Morphy's youtube videos are set to private or deleted, I can no longer find his video where he showed it

Hah! That’s when you know you’ve been here awhile. I had forgotten all about the “Overshoulder” throw. That was the name that we as a forum eventually voted on. Two ways to do it, hold it behind your back if you wish but easier to use a correctly sized sling and just sling it over your shoulder and wait for game. Then it’s just a normal throwing move.

I used it to hunt birds that were in large brush piles once. Never actually hit one but it was more proof of concept that it functions in the way I was looking for. Works very well to get the shot off instantly. You can walk with your arm up and the sling behind your back so long as you have a reasonable idea what brush your game is hiding in.

Again though this works better if you don’t use your other hand to hold the pouch behind your back. Otherwise it would be really awkward, at least while moving around.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #29 - Jul 1st, 2020 at 8:40am

I had no idea! I truly thought RS came up with it. Should have guessed he nicked it Cheesy You can see in my video I was finding it very awkward to grab the pouch. I'll try again without holding it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Bill Skinner)