Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Tattoos!! (Read 3334 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Tattoos!!
Reply #15 - Jun 13th, 2020 at 10:05am

I think it can come down to perspective as well. Even if I don't "like" my tattoos at some point, they're part of me and reflect me at this moment in my life. It's come up before, but I'm not one for regrets. Regretting things happening is just trying to live in the past.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #16 - Jun 13th, 2020 at 10:28am

It's not the pain, I was given literally thousands of shots while in the military.  I can relax my arm muscles so the shot doesn't particularly hurt. 

It's mental. 

I just don't like the idea of someone sticking stuff in me.

I'm like Morphy, I can admire a really good tat, I just don't particularly want one on my body.

And apparently, the main reason I wanted to get one was because everybody else had one or a dozen. Grin

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #17 - Jun 13th, 2020 at 10:51am

Kick wrote on Jun 13th, 2020 at 10:05am:
I think it can come down to perspective as well. Even if I don't "like" my tattoos at some point, they're part of me and reflect me at this moment in my life. It's come up before, but I'm not one for regrets. Regretting things happening is just trying to live in the past.

I don’t think I would regret it as much as be annoyed by it lol. I have to admit though a sling tattoo is one of the very few I would consider getting. If you do get one I would love to see it. THAT would be something worth memorializing in ink.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #18 - Jun 13th, 2020 at 1:37pm

Since watching that youtube video of primative tatoos. Iam interested in doing that myself. I can do some prision looking ink.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #19 - Jun 13th, 2020 at 10:18pm

This is my only tat.  My mother requested the simplest (cheapest) funeral.  My sibs and I disagreed but there was no arguing with Mom.  When she passed and had her cheap funeral we immediately regretted honoring her request.  Anyway, after the funeral daughter Kate said, "That was very unfulfilling."  So her and I went and got tattoos to honor Mom. Mom had been a navy wife.  Dad served eight years in the navy that included WWII so we went with the naval theme.  That's my right forearm if you can't tell. 
    There was another time when I was very close to getting a tattoo.  When I was an MP in Korea a group of friends and I were going to get the MP logo tattooed on our upper arms.  It's a set of crossed pistols and Death Before Dishonor written underneath.  I don't recall why but we never got around to doing it.  In a way I'm glad. 
    When I was a kid tats were a very masculine thing.  A  woman with a tattoo would be the same as a woman being big and hairy with man muscles.  It just wasn't done.  For a long time I thought that women who got heavily tatted ruined their looks.  Eventually I got used to it.  Chrissie has about nine tats.  These days I like it. 
   I like things symmetrical so I'll probably end up getting a tattoo on my left arm to just to balance things out.  I'm not sure what it will be. 

Tat.jpg (182 KB | 47 )
Tat.jpg

IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Reply #20 - Jun 15th, 2020 at 12:41pm

Up to date, I have not seen that many tattoos which I liked.

I have shortly pondered to get a braiding related tattoo, along the lines of a complicated weave. However, in the end I decided to keep my skin ink free, as I appreciate japanese onsen more than personal self expression Cheesy.

IP Logged

AncientCraftwork
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #21 - Jun 18th, 2020 at 6:21am

I don't like tattoos personally, because they remind me of paganism, and I don't like anything to do with paganism. Although that is subject for another topic.

Not that I have anything against people with tattoos, to others they might may mean or resemble something completely different. I just would never want one myself.

All Glory to God forever and ever, amen

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #22 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 7:33am

a
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2021 at 7:44am by a »  

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #23 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 8:13am

Nice Cheesy I honestly wouldn't mind getting a neck/face tattoo but I work in the medical field specifically with old people. Wouldn't go down too well I think...

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #24 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 8:27am

a
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2021 at 7:45am by a »  

IP Logged

Slyngorm
Funditor

Slingit...

Reply #25 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 11:52am

The only tattoo I've ever considered getting would be a black circle around my left ankle. Inspired by Ötzi, the iceman, who had tattoos of stripes and crosses on the part of his body where he suffered from pains. My left leg is shorter than my right so I hope the magic will be able to ward any evils off.

Kick wrote on Jun 11th, 2020 at 11:47am:
I got a crown on my right leg from the comic series Hellboy which is one of my favourite works of fiction.

Nice. Good taste in comics.

@
Rat Man
That is really awesome. Well crafted with a meaningful, personal backstory. Also it looks like what you see on cartoons where big burly sailors has "MOM" + heart tattooed on their biceps.  Cheesy
I've got a friend whose little brother suffers from a genetic disease that will eventually shut down his nervous system (he is already now struggling to speak) so he has one of his little bros drawings + "brotherhood" written in runes on his chest.  Cry

@
Kilisi
Is that a local tradition? Looks hardcore. Cool

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #26 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 12:02pm

a
« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2021 at 7:45am by a »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Chris, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus)