Send Topic Print
*%#!!&(*!! Huskies! (Read 1331 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
*%#!!&(*!! Huskies!
May 24th, 2020 at 12:01pm

Huskies are different from other breeds in many ways.  You expect a little mischief from them occasionally.  Pandora is my third female Husky.  All three have been assholes.  A few days ago I went to Tractor Supply to get some feed for my wild critters.  I took Max with me.  I was gone for about an hour.  While I was gone Pandora stole a gallon jug of cooking oil from the kitchen, brought it into the livingroom, unscrewed the cap as many Huskies can, and emptied the jug on the livingroom floor just because she could.  In that the oil had time to spread out it made an incredible mess.
      I'm not about hitting  my dogs but I have no qualms whatsoever about screaming at them.  I am a large guy with a very big voice.  Pandora got all of it.  She learned some new curse words that day.  She had the good sense to disappear while I cleaned it up and to stay hidden for a few hours afterward.  What a mess!!

Pandora.jpg (227 KB | 34 )
Pandora.jpg

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: *%#!!&(*!! Huskies!
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2020 at 12:43pm

One of my girlfriend's parent's dogs managed to open the draw under the oven and take out all the clingfilm and baking sheets. They then proceeded to chew on the whole roll of clingfilm ruining the whole thing.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #2 - May 24th, 2020 at 12:50pm

Hahaha. Couldn't resist.  Working in animal care years ago, i always heard funny stories like that.yeh it isnt funny at the moment,  but afterwards at least a couple of days you can laugh. Happens to us ALL the time. With 2 people living in a 12ft by 20ft house with dogs. Things can get crazy. All 3 dogs are under 4yo. So they constantly get into trouble.  I know your pain

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #3 - May 24th, 2020 at 1:03pm

you just gotta feel sorry for benji.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2020 at 2:35pm

That face says “Ya I did it and what?” I’ve seen it many times on my now deceased greyhound/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix. Man I love dogs but they can be a major pain sometimes lol.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #5 - May 24th, 2020 at 2:41pm

Actually Benji's life is good.  He came here when he was only four weeks old.  He was initially my girlfriend Chrissie's brother's girlfriend's dog then.  They lived in my attic. Anyone with half a brain knows dogs should be at the very least eight weeks old before they're weaned.  I kicked the brother and his girlfriend out of my attic.  Benji went with them.  Somehow a couple of months later Benji became Chrissie's mom, Nikki's dog.  Nikki asked me to watch him for two weeks while she got a new apartment.  Then she moved to California.  So I absorbed Benji. 
        Anyway, the Huskies fell in love with Benji right away.  He's the puppy they never had.  It's  fun to watch them "fight."  The Huskies make sure it's always a tie.   In four years they haven't really hurt him once.

Benji.jpg (312 KB | 33 )
Benji.jpg

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #6 - May 24th, 2020 at 2:42pm

Morphy wrote on May 24th, 2020 at 2:35pm:
That face says “Ya I did it and what?” I’ve seen it many times on my now deceased greyhound/Rhodesian Ridgeback mix. Man I love dogs but they can be a major pain sometimes lol.

Pandora is a very snarky girl.  Bossy tool.

IP Logged

HPFlashman
Novicius

Slinging Rocks!

Florida Panhandle
Reply #7 - May 24th, 2020 at 6:44pm

Had the opportunity to babysit The Three Husketeers for 6 weeks a few years ago.   All 2 year old brothers.  Nice pups, got along well with my dogs but they were a real handful.  Liked to jump the 4' fence, never harmed anyone but the neighbors went indoors when they got loose, thinking them too wolf-like.  I don't think the owner was happy when she got them back.  When the dog krunchies she left with me ran out I started feeding the same as my dogs: leftovers, canned dogfood, Ramen noodles & vienna sausage, Spam and hotdogs.

The Three Husketeers:  ...

My pups:

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #8 - May 24th, 2020 at 9:34pm

Gorgeous dogs, HP!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar)