Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Your favorite primitive weapon after the sling? (Read 11693 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Your favorite primitive weapon after the sling?
Reply #75 - Jun 16th, 2021 at 1:21pm

I'm less interested in the longer range ones just because the longer it flies, the more likely it is to hit someone Cheesy Also, this is Finland. Finland is known for two things, lakes and forests. I wouldn't want to hit either so a shorter range one would suit better.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Jabames
Interfector Viris Spurii

:3

Alaska
Reply #76 - Aug 27th, 2021 at 7:32pm

Atlatl, we still use it on the lower Yukon river for seals or beaver farther upriver. I learned to use them from my mother's side of the family and learned how to make them by observing atlatls. Though havent used one for a long while, but about 2 years ago I taught the neighbor's kid how to use one, pretty cool.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #77 - Aug 28th, 2021 at 5:06pm

I absolutely love atlatls. There is a guy on YouTube from Florida called HuntPrimative. He uses an atlatl with stone tips for hunting. He usually records his hunts with his bows and atlatl. And stone tipped darts and arrows. He did a small documentary about hunting with it on a buffalo.  It was awesome stuff.

IP Logged

CrazyBrave333
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Australia
Reply #78 - Sep 1st, 2021 at 7:53pm

For me its gotta be the goedendag... its like a short spear and a club had a baby...

Absolutely amazing - I love the idea you can pretty much just use bayonet techniques and you have a very formidable weapon... plus the notion of saying 'good day!' as someone gets whacked is just adding insult to injury!

Mad video on them here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh5YclJBnDc&t=72s

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #79 - Sep 5th, 2021 at 1:36pm

CrazyBrave333 wrote on Sep 1st, 2021 at 7:53pm:
For me its gotta be the goedendag... its like a short spear and a club had a baby...

Absolutely amazing - I love the idea you can pretty much just use bayonet techniques and you have a very formidable weapon... plus the notion of saying 'good day!' as someone gets whacked is just adding insult to injury!

Now that's a good choice! I also really love the Goedendag. Perfect zombie defence weapon Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #80 - Sep 16th, 2021 at 12:25pm

CrazyBrave333 wrote on Sep 1st, 2021 at 7:53pm:

Awesome weapon.  I'd feel very confident with that in my hands.

IP Logged

StaffSlinger

Slinging Rocks!

Florida
Reply #81 - Sep 16th, 2021 at 6:12pm

Ranged weapon -- Scythian bow
Assegai
Dagger-Axe

CUM FUNDA PROSCRIPTAE ERUNT TUM SOLI PROSCRIPTI FUNDA HABEBUNT &&
StaffSlinger  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Chris, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner)