Send Topic Print
How Things Were (Read 465 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
How Things Were
Apr 14th, 2020 at 7:44pm

Slinging.org used to be different.  These days our members are all intelligent, polite, reasonable people.  We usually debate in a logical manner and avoid the pitfalls that lead to flame wars. 
    As a moderator I find this to be a good thing.  But sometimes, just a little, I miss the raging battles we'd have here.  Also some of the not too tightly wrapped characters.  There used to be some crazy fights (I was in a few) and some real whackos here.  We moderators find our jobs easier now.  The slinging.org we have now is what we were always trying for.  I guess there's something wrong with me because sometimes I miss the wars and whackadoos we used to have.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: How Things Were
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 10:52am

I do as well since these days I feel like I am probably the weirdest member we have left of the old days. It’s a fine line between entertaining and downright crazy but I do miss some of the real crazy discussions. And some of the real crazy people for that matter. Definitely adds spice to the forum.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus)