Send Topic Print
New Kind of Pizza (Read 860 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
New Kind of Pizza
Apr 7th, 2020 at 8:31pm

There are so many pizza variations it's daunting.  Tonight Mike brought home one I'd never tried before.  It was a sausage and egg pizza.  I've never heard of egg on a pizza.  I've put it on a burger many times but this was a new one on me.  It was delicious.  I would order it again. 
    Have you ever had egg on a pizza.  Have you tried a new kind of pizza recently?

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: New Kind of Pizza
Reply #1 - Apr 7th, 2020 at 8:40pm

Egg is pretty normal on things in Australia. Seems in order for something to be Australian cuisine they just slap an egg and some beetroot on.

Non savoury sweet desert pizza is weird to me , basically a bad waffle in my eyes

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 3:44am

There was a small restaurant in Mullica Hill, that served a breakfast pizza, had sausage,  bacon egg and cheese.  Its been about 4 years, but i remember it being very good

IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 4:58am

Egg on a pizza is quite common here.
Usuallly it is called "O sole mio", and has an egg in the middle. It often comes with either sausage or ham, and sometimes with some spinach.

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #4 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 7:03am

I've had it with 'white sauce' pizza variations, they have a composition somewhat similar to carbonara with lots of prosciutto and mushrooms and creamy sauce instead of tomato under the cheese. Absolutely delicious.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:14am

if you're making your own - and you've got time so why aren't you ?

I like to use different types of pesto as a base instead of a tomato sauce.
lidl does three different types for a few pence a jar.

Keeps quite well and just stops all pizzas tasting of tomato puree Smiley

I've seen the egg ones, not yet tried it. I tend to make my crust fairly thick and fluffy so cook for about 20 mins - an egg would be hard as  a bullet by the end. So not actually tried it.

If you're going for the 5 minute blast furnace variety, eggyolk should still be runny. That would work really well.

Cheese wise I use low fat mature cheddar.
Has all the stringiness of of mozzarella but plenty of flavour as well. I just don't see the point of mozzarella Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #6 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 11:04am

This particular pizza used a scrambled egg.  They must have added it at the very end of the cooking process in that the egg was still very soft.  If they had started baking the pizza with the egg it would have been concrete.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Chris, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark)