Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Target panic, a few words from Joel turner of ShotIQ (Read 4530 times)
SerKraus

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Target panic, a few words from Joel turner of ShotIQ
Reply #30 - Feb 2nd, 2021 at 8:38pm

Mersa wrote on Mar 8th, 2020 at 7:49pm:
Thanks Tomas, I’ll get back to you

Well, what happened?

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #31 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 5:35pm

Yoh Serkraus, many thanks for bringing this thread back to the top. Over the years I have tried target shooting (rifle,pistol and black powder) archery, a catapult, gaming and even golf.
In the broadest sense all of these interpose a mechanical device between the aimer and the target.  Whilst a lever is a mechanical device the sling "lever" is more an extension of the arm and my epiphany came last week when out with the grandson.  We stand behind each others left shoulder at 5 metres as safe zone. We sling alternately and last week I started my wind up as I walked to the okey and  looking at the target let fly without stopping walking.
Best accuracy ever and totally relaxed with it !
Golf and slinging seem to have more in common than any of the others ....  No sights just a lever and a bullet.
Would be fascinated to hear others thoughts on the comparison and conclusions to be drawn.  Cheers.   🤓

My outlook on life is Aristotalean; on seeing an Acorn I see a potential oak tree rather than Plato's view that it is a failed copy.
BE SAFE,    BE SMILEY,   BE STRANGE

IP Logged

SerKraus

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #32 - Feb 8th, 2021 at 9:10pm

xud9a - call me zud 👍 wrote on Feb 8th, 2021 at 5:35pm:
Yoh Serkraus, many thanks for bringing this thread back to the top. Over the years I have tried target shooting (rifle,pistol and black powder) archery, a catapult, gaming and even golf.
In the broadest sense all of these interpose a mechanical device between the aimer and the target.  Whilst a lever is a mechanical device the sling "lever" is more an extension of the arm and my epiphany came last week when out with the grandson.  We stand behind each others left shoulder at 5 metres as safe zone. We sling alternately and last week I started my wind up as I walked to the okey and  looking at the target let fly without stopping walking.
Best accuracy ever and totally relaxed with it !
Golf and slinging seem to have more in common than any of the others ....  No sights just a lever and a bullet.
Would be fascinated to hear others thoughts on the comparison and conclusions to be drawn.  Cheers.   🤓

There are few things more satisfying than slinging at a target and hitting it exactly where you wanted to  Smiley

No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Socrates

IP Logged

xud9a - call me zud 👍
Funditor

Ringing Slocks !

Nottinghamshire, England
Reply #33 - Feb 9th, 2021 at 8:02am

Indeed, but you are perilously close to Morphy's assertion on the satisfaction of slinging   🤓🤓🤓

My outlook on life is Aristotalean; on seeing an Acorn I see a potential oak tree rather than Plato's view that it is a failed copy.
BE SAFE,    BE SMILEY,   BE STRANGE

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #34 - Feb 9th, 2021 at 4:51pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 2:19pm:
I’m not an expert, but he sounds a little too confident in his answer for someone who doesn’t do a lot of slinging. You can “feel” when a throw is good or bad, and you can interrupt the process up to a point. Subconscious movements start as conscious ones and shift to subconscious through repetition.

It’s also possible to throw, make a conscious correction to your form, then throw again. It doesn’t have to all get fixed at the subconscious level. Otherwise Jaegoor’s coaching wouldn’t work, and we all know that he can teach people how to sling faster than they would learn only by repetition. 

This.

The only thing better than Jaegoors success and repeatability of that success with others would be massive competitions of world class slingers all using their own style, ammo and sling type. Over the course of two decades trends of what works would become obvious as would trends of what work the best over and above other styles that produce results.

You see a similar effect in Chess. Very organized high level and extremely firece competition. The average chess players rating for upper level players has continued to increase higher and higher over the last several hundred years.

Paul Morphy my name sake and one of the worlds greatest geniuses when it came to understanding  chess traveled to Europe , after lazily destroying all contenders in America, to play a circuit against the greatest players in the world. Europe was the height of competition in chess. He didnt just win, he demolished even the best in the world.

Adolf Anderssen, considered by some to be the best in the world asked to play Morphy even though Morphy had had a severe case of intestinal flu and after treatment with blood sucking leeches left him too weak to stand he obliterated Anderssen. This would be unthinkable in todays chess world as the top players are almost at the peak of what the human mind can do. But in his day Morphy literally changed the way people played chess the world over. He was nothing more than a one in a hundred year savant when it came to being that much better than everyone else of his day.

So whats my point here? Morphy would not stand a chance against probably the top 100 players in the world today let alone the best. That's what happens when you have many years of constant competitions held by people all spending their lives trying to be better than everyone else. The level of skill goes up dramatically.

We dont have that. Jaegoor offers the best alternative to this and his style is the opposite of no thought as far as I can gather.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Chris, Kick, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Rat Man)