Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Sling hunting? (Read 19507 times)
Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Sling hunting?
Reply #75 - Feb 15th, 2020 at 3:44am

Fange  mit einem großen ziel an. Dein Stil wird feiner werden. Dann kannst du dein Ziel verkleinern. Auch deine Distanz wird größer. Notiere dir deine Ergebnisse. Man vergisst schnell. Ich schaffte es, mein Ziel auf eine 2 Euro Münze zu reduzieren. Am Anfang ist es frustrierend. Man steht sehr oft direkt vor dem Ziel.
Sie werden auch bemerken, daß es nicht viele Stile für verschiedene Distanzen gibt.
Verwenden Sie Hubschrauber. Achten Sie auf die Stellung des Rotor. Damit regulieren Sie sehr gut die Distanz.
Ich habe das schon einmal ausführlich erklärt.
Alles zusammen wird ein in sich geschlossenes System.
Sie reduzieren damit Fehler.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #76 - Feb 15th, 2020 at 4:43am

I’ve done something similar with changing my target size .
But I rarely work with consistent ammo so this is a problem

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #77 - Feb 15th, 2020 at 4:52am

Nein. Das Problem ist geringer als man denkt. Natürlich ist eine gleiche Munition von Vorteil. Aber es funktioniert mit jeder Art Munition.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #78 - Feb 15th, 2020 at 6:35am

i will defiantly give your techniques a try next time i practice.
i work on many aspects of my slinging and feel i have improved a lot since i started.
Eventually i aim to harvest a rabbit with my sling but for now , Practice practice.

You are probably the best slinger of the forum Jaegoor, especially in regards to accuracy and "trick shots" so i take a lot of your advice seriously.

IP Logged

LebSlinger
Tiro

Sling it off!

Qatar
Reply #79 - Feb 15th, 2020 at 9:21am

@jaegoor seems like a nice exercise. I will work on it!

I recently enhanced my training field and will show you some pictures or possibly make a new video.

I know you are taking slinging seriously 😊 and honestly this is an inspiration for me. I really relieved when I sling.

See you around soon.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #80 - Feb 15th, 2020 at 11:07am

Es gibt noch ein gutes spiel. Für zwei slinger oder mehr. Mein sling Kids mögen es sehr.
Stehen sie etwa 15m auseinander. Benutzen sie Tennisbälle. Schießen sie so, daß der andere denn ball fangen kann. Es ist eine sehr gute Übung für Genauigkeit. Und sie wird nicht langweilig.
Sling Ball ist unser lieblings Spiel.
Sie spielen zu zweit. Sie benutzen Tennisbälle. Suchen Sie einen Platz für Basketball.
Sie haben fünf Bälle. Schießen Sie gegen das Brett. Ihr Gegner muß versuchen denn ball zu fangen. Mit nur einer Hand.
Treffen Sie, ein Punkt. Fängt der Gegner, auch ein Punkt.
Treffen Sie zweimal hintereinander nicht, verlieren Sie Ihre restlichen Bälle. Ihr Gegner spielt damit weiter.
Das ist hier mittlerweile sehr beliebt. Kinder spielen es auch ohne sling.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #81 - Feb 15th, 2020 at 8:40pm

How many sling disciples do you have??

Also seeing as this is the hunting thread could you perhaps explain in detail all your successful hunting with a sling??

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #82 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 1:54am

Ich gründete die erste offizielle Balearic Gruppe innerhalb eines sportverein in Deutschland. Wir sind 8 Kids und vier Erwachsene, wir trainieren 1x die Woche.
Meine jagdlichen Erfolge sind überschaubar. Ich habe eine Reh erlegt und viele karnickel. Das ist lange her. Ich war damals für zwei Monate in Kasachstan. Die Zeit dort war fantastisch. Reiten und jagen. Es gab sehr viel Fleisch und Brot. Es gibt dort fast kein Gemüse. Nach meinem Erfolg mit dem Reh durfte ich alleine Kaninchen jagen. Zu Fuß. In der steppe. Das war für viele dort ungewöhnlich. Man geht nicht zu Fuß in die steppe dort. Am Ende schaffte ich etwa vier Kaninchen am Tag zu erlegen. Das machte mich zu einen angesehenen Jäger dort.
Ansonsten jage ich heute keine Tiere mehr. Es fühlt sich für mich nicht mehr richtig an. Aber ich bin ein großer survial Fan. Ich bin viel im Wald u d trainiere mit dem Bogen, dem Speer und der sling. Es reicht mir heute das Wissen, das ich so überleben kann.

Für die jagt auf Kaninchen empfehle ich ein bestimmtes Spiel zu trainieren. Es ist mit der sling sehr schwierig.
Üben sie wikinger Schach. Kub. Wenn sie das mit einer Sling schaffen, sind sie bereit für die Jagd.  Wink

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #83 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 3:34am

That looks like a fun game with or without a sling , I’m going to make one for camping with friends  Grin

What is your hunting success with a bow??

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #84 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 5:44am

just looked into kubb seems very fun!

IP Logged

ThracianSlinger26
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Romania
Reply #85 - Feb 23rd, 2020 at 2:00pm

In my 5 or so years of slinging, i've managed to take down 1 hare and 1 rabid golden jackal (pretty much self defense, will explain later). Used a jute rockman for the hare and a paracord with a big leather pouch sling for the jackal.
The method i used for the hare was....pretty easy...sneaked up on him, got within about 6 or 7 meters of him, i then suddenly standed up, and as soon as the thing started running, he got bonked in the head by an egg sized stone. Used the apache style (no wind up basically), and it was a clean kill, though i did bleed him with my trusty opinel as soon as i got to him, just to make sure. On closer inspection, his skull was shattered and his brain was pretty much turned to mush, so it was quick and painless,but i will say throwing sticks are better for rabbits and hares,if you aren't extremly experienced with the sling.
The rabid jackal was also easy. Was trekking through the forest, thing came running at me, and i let a fist sized rock loose right in his face, again, with the apache style. Dropped after one little yelp, and that was pretty much it. I did apply a few hits with my walking stick/cudgel i always carry with me while in the woods for self defense,as i don't like to see animals suffer. I wouldn't have done it, but he was rabid, he was coming right at me,and they are also an invasive species here in Romania and they do quite a lot of damage.
Anyways,if i would be forced to rely on one primitive weapon to put a meal on the table, i would choose a throwing stick. In my opinion, unless, as stated before, you are extremly experienced, slings should only be used for fun and self defense. I took down the hare as to test my abilities with a sling (wasn't half bad on the grill either) and the jackal for self defense. Also had a few encounters with herds of wild boars where i used a sling to scare them away.
Really,i see just a few scenarios (in a survival situation) where the sling may be reliable for getting some meat, and these would be:
-get as close as possible to a hare or rabbit, then use the apache style to bonk it, just as i did, though there are more chances of failing than suceeding.
-get as close as possible to a flock of water fowl, then shoot towards them. If the flock is a big one, there are a few chances of you stunning or even killing one.
-stalk a coot on a pond, and as it gets closer to the bank (though still swimming), try to get it,again,with no winding up of the sling. Of all wild fowl, coots seem particulary stupid. They sometimes get really close to humans without really being scared. Their flying abilities aren't great and neither is their running, due to their huge webbed feet.
-if you are sneaky enough and have a big enough sling, deer aren't really much of a stretch (remember, slings were used to kill people. Deers really wouldn't be too hard to kill if, as said before, you are sneaky enough). A headshot would at least incapacitate one, and so would a shot to the front leg. A shot to the chest could maybe break a rib, and that broken rib may puncture a lung. Not a quick death, but it's better than you starving.
Regardless, i wouldn't do most of these, unless, as said before, in a survival situation. Cheers.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #86 - Feb 24th, 2020 at 12:20am

Nice stuff, always good to hear actual insights of hunting and seems most the time a hit is a kill especially for smaller game.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #87 - Mar 5th, 2020 at 6:42am

what shape glande would be most damaging?
what degrees point or would a blunt edge be better??
could a projectlie pass through a small game animal???
Lets keep this thread going !!!!

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #88 - Mar 5th, 2020 at 7:27am

Mersa wrote on Mar 5th, 2020 at 6:42am:
Lets keep this thread going !!!

It doesn't feel right giving an opinion without having any experience...
but for the sake of discussion :

could a projectlie pass through a small game animal???

elongated lead blunt or pointy would probably pass through small game if it didn't hit bone.

what shape glande would be most damaging?

elongated pointy may find an easier way through the ribcage but could have similar results as blunt on soft tissue. The skull is difficult to penetrate in any way, I would choose blunt or wadcutter nose lead because lead is soft and a pointy projectile will crumble easily losing energy to that and may bounce off more easily. Don't go for the head unless it's a zombie...

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #89 - Mar 5th, 2020 at 8:03am

I agree that a pass through would be possible but this is only based of what I know from bow hunting rabbits, I feel the loss in speed is made up by the much higher momentum (due to mass of projectile).
I often imagine a sling projectile that could be similar to an arrow with modular parts and interchangeable points and weights , however I feel achieving ideal projectile flight tends to move away from ideal damaging profiles.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Morphy, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, joe_meadmaker, Kick)