Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
zelda - breath of the wild (Read 401 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
zelda - breath of the wild
Jan 3rd, 2020 at 7:11am

So santa brought me a nintendo switch lite.
Wow - awesome little bit of kit.

The nvidia tegra x1 is something else.
Apparently it's packs more 'Oomph !' into a fingernail sized chip than a room sized supercomputer did 20 years ago. 

Bought myself breath of the wild - figured if I was only going to have one game for a while, might as well get the best game ever (many reviewers say this Smiley
In 40 years of playing video games my previous best game ever was : zelda: twilight princess, on the wii.
Incredible game and the best controller setup of any console - before or since.
Breath of the wild, might be as good.

Holy crap it's something else !
The world is - in real terms - the size of an actual decent sized country.
I'm still learning all the things you can do, and probably will be for quite some time.

I know some of you have played this game:  so tips, recipes, things to make (only just found out how you do this and haven't yet tried it) would be welcome.

I know someone was actually cooking recipes in the real world, can't remember if that was here or smoked-meat.com.

Oh yeah and if you want to get a switch or switch lite - you actually don't need to buy any games with it.
There are some really good free ones - fortnite looks like fun and hundreds (537 at last count) that have playable demos.
Plus it's pretty good for youtube.

Currently working out how I can attach the lite to a cheap (probably homemade) vr headset and use a bluetooth controller to turn breath of the wild into full 3d ! (the option exists with a playbo(?) cardboard headset for the actual switch. But there isn't one that currently fits the switch lite.
I had a quick go with my phone headset and yep you get a pretty good 3d effect.
So it's a project Smiley

Can I get a fishing rod from anywhere - chasing them is all well and good, but most zelda games let you go fishing properly.

so tips, recipes, where I get decent weapons etc, all welcome Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Re: zelda - breath of the wild
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2020 at 9:15am

I've gotten to play with the switch a couple of times. I've been pleasantly surprised. Not enough to spring for it but enough to consider it. It's fun and looks good. Mariokart and smashbros both play well, look good, and are just plain fun. Which some console gamers forget is the point of the endeavor.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: zelda - breath of the wild
Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2020 at 10:07pm

I put off getting a switch for quite a while. Not sure why, guess I wasn’t sold on the concept. Turns out it’s my favorite console of all time. Great system and if you have a family and they want to watch tv together you just take it out of the dock and keep playing.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini)