Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Super lightweight and compact modular dyneema slings for sale or trade (Read 9224 times)
GurtTractor
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

UK, Scotland
Re: Super lightweight and compact modular dyneema slings for sale or trade
Reply #15 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 9:37am

Looks fantastic, can't wait Smiley

I've got Kick's sent off now, should be with him soon. Here's a sneak preview of what's been sent out - https://i.imgur.com/Z0WtoTN.jpg

Sorry again about the big delay getting stuff done and away, my back's much better now though and I can crack on with with getting the next pouch done. It turns out slinging can actually help loosen a sore back, been practicing a bunch with a figure of eight technique and long (thumb to opposite shoulder) cords, requires a fair bit of body twist for good power Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #16 - Oct 21st, 2019 at 12:34pm

Good to hear about the sling and the back Cheesy No worries about the wait.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #17 - Oct 26th, 2019 at 7:52am

Ooooo are these still available?
I can trade leatherwork or a sling perhaps!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #18 - Oct 26th, 2019 at 9:52am

I can attest that Tomas makes fantastic stuff Cheesy

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

GurtTractor
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

UK, Scotland
Reply #19 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 10:46am

Tomas wrote on Oct 26th, 2019 at 7:52am:
Ooooo are these still available?
I can trade leatherwork or a sling perhaps!

Hey. Yeah that would be great. I'm a bit behind on making them at the moment though, I need to get Noone's done and sent out. But I'm definitely interested in trading for them, get a little collection going Smiley

PM me we'll figure it out.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #20 - Nov 2nd, 2019 at 11:40am

Just turned up today! The pouch is amazing and I'm actually really liking the feel of the double finger loop. I'll have to get out and test it in the next few days. Thanks! Cheesy

IP Logged

GurtTractor
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

UK, Scotland
Reply #21 - Nov 10th, 2019 at 4:15pm

Great!  Grin  Glad you like it, I was worried about the finger loops not fitting, hopefully they work out for you. The feel of the sling will change as you break it in, the dyneema will soften quite a lot.

Noone's package arrived the other day, awesome stuff! Thanks so much, really appreciate it. Smiley

I'm going to try and get out and give all these a good test sometime soon. It's great to try out other people's ideas.

Sorry I'm being so slow to get them out to you, it's not been the easiest time, I'm sure you'll enjoy and get some good use out of it though.

IP Logged

blackfur2
Descens

May your rocks always
roll................

Scotland
Reply #22 - Jan 13th, 2020 at 5:29pm

Hey there nice looking slings, where do u get you dyneema from ?? And also I see you from Scotland where about I am in Fife. Also have u tried https://www.animatedknots.com/brummel-eye-splice-knot for the loops instead of wiping them ?? I think it would look a lot nicer/ cleaner

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #23 - Feb 6th, 2020 at 11:41am

It’s been quiet for a while GT. Are you still working on these?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

GurtTractor
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

UK, Scotland
Reply #24 - Feb 7th, 2020 at 4:53am

Hey, I'm sorry I've been so absent, the whole December-January period was pretty hectic and I've struggled a bit to apportion time to things. My back giving me trouble hasn't helped either, I can't seem to find a position where I can weave away comfortably, need a new desk really or some other solution. In short bursts it's fine though.

I'll be getting yours out to you as soon as I can, so sorry it's taken this long. I think for the future I'll just try and make a few pouches up ahead of time, and only commit to availability when when I can get them sent out quickly.

IP Logged

GurtTractor
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

UK, Scotland
Reply #25 - Feb 7th, 2020 at 4:59am

blackfur2 wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 5:29pm:
Hey there nice looking slings, where do u get you dyneema from ?? And also I see you from Scotland where about I am in Fife. Also have u tried https://www.animatedknots.com/brummel-eye-splice-knot for the loops instead of wiping them ?? I think it would look a lot nicer/ cleaner

Thanks. I get this stuff - https://www.amazon.co.uk/emma-kites-16Meter-Braided-Polyethylene/dp/B07BKSJFJ8/r.... Good quality and fairly reasonably priced.

I'll have to give that splice a go, not sure how well it will work but it looks like it could be fairly neat. I'll have to test the strength of it too, the whipping method I use at the moment is extremely solid.

I'm over on the West coast Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #26 - Feb 7th, 2020 at 8:35am

I can say that it will be worth the wait. I'm really liking the one  I have and I think I might take it to Mallorca as well. Maybe not for the competition itself (I have more practice under my belt with other slings) but for slinging on the beach Cheesy

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #27 - Feb 7th, 2020 at 5:49pm

GurtTractor wrote on Feb 7th, 2020 at 4:53am:
Hey, I'm sorry I've been so absent, the whole December-January period was pretty hectic and I've struggled a bit to apportion time to things. My back giving me trouble hasn't helped either, I can't seem to find a position where I can weave away comfortably, need a new desk really or some other solution. In short bursts it's fine though.

I'll be getting yours out to you as soon as I can, so sorry it's taken this long. I think for the future I'll just try and make a few pouches up ahead of time, and only commit to availability when when I can get them sent out quickly.

No worries. I’m not in any rush. Just haven’t seen you on here in a while.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

blackfur2
Descens

May your rocks always
roll................

Scotland
Reply #28 - Feb 28th, 2020 at 1:47pm

GurtTractor wrote on Feb 7th, 2020 at 4:59am:
blackfur2 wrote on Jan 13th, 2020 at 5:29pm:

Thanks. I get this stuff - https://www.amazon.co.uk/emma-kites-16Meter-Braided-Polyethylene/dp/B07BKSJFJ8/r.... Good quality and fairly reasonably priced.

I'll have to give that splice a go, not sure how well it will work but it looks like it could be fairly neat. I'll have to test the strength of it too, the whipping method I use at the moment is extremely solid.

I'm over on the West coast Smiley

Hey thanks for geting back to me and cheers for the link Smiley

Yeah give that splice a go if you do it properly it will be more than strong enough i use it to make whoopie slings for hanging my hammock with thicker dyneema it holds and am 100kg  Huhlol

Where about on the west coast i have family in sky and Lochgilphead you near any on them ?

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #29 - Mar 11th, 2020 at 12:14pm

Morphy wrote on Sep 18th, 2019 at 10:49am:
Really nice sling and fair price for the amount of work and build quality. I'll be buying one....eventually. Posting here in hopes I remember a year from now. 😁

Agreed.  An excellent price.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus)