Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Do you even sling bro? (Read 4144 times)
Slingbasket

Slingers Unite!

USA
Do you even sling bro?
Aug 6th, 2019 at 5:34am

https://2amgraphics.threadless.com/designs/do-you-even-sling-bro-1/mens/t-shirt/
regular

Saw this shirt created from the “do you even lift, bro” meme!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Do you even sling bro?
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 10:35am

That's pretty cool!  Might have to pick up one of those.

Some of the veteran members may know, I wonder if there was ever talk of doing a 'slinging.org' shirt.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #2 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 2:18pm

Good question.  I have a vague memory of something like that being discussed a long time ago.  c_a, do you recall anything about that?

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 5:11pm

Es gab einmal ein slinging.org Shirt.
Mir gefällt das Shirt oben im Post nicht. Es wirkt lieblos auf mich.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Slingky
Tiro

Everett, WA
Reply #4 - Aug 6th, 2019 at 9:24pm

That's awesome!

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2019 at 9:50pm

I have an Amazon Merch account...  If anyone wants an “official”  slinging.org shirt, I can make them available on Amazon at-cost (meaning that I won’t earn money from it, but Amazon will still get their cut). Amazon prints Merch shirts on-demand whenever someone wants one.  I don’t know how that works for folks outside the US, but I can look into international Merch options if there’s interest from UK/Deutchland/Finland etc.

We have some good artists in here. Does anyone want to try making an official slinging.org shirt design?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 9:42am

Alex..... Es gab so ein Shirt.
War gar nicht schlecht.

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #7 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 11:25am

I've got a few slinging.org shirts.
Some from the wyoming slingfest in 2007 and a couple I got direct from chris - probably 14-15 years ago ?

But there's nothing current.

The shirt in the link is done by (why can't I ever remember his name ?)
Anyway it's the guy who's trying to make the moulded slings, pistol instructor in the marines.
Nice guy, haven't heard from him since I said that crowdfunding a hobby for someone with a decent well paid job, was tantamount to begging whistle
Tact ? I've heard of it Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Frondeur

I'm the lead slinger in
a hard rock band

France
Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 12:00pm

Sorry, I don't see the point of involving amazon.com...

wouldn't be easier to print a T-shirt, or whatever, in a local shop? an what about serigraphy? or any other diy technique.

Would I want a slinging.org T-shirt, I'd do it myself. Unless...
unless benefits goes to support the forum, or a interesting sling-related project, or a significant cause. But not amazon.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #9 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 2:54pm

@Frondeur, that’s fine if you want to make your own. Amazon Merch is a print-on-demand service. Within about a week of your order, you can get a professionally printed shirt in your choice of size and color for around $15-$18 shipped (at least with Prime in the US).  If you use a local shop, you have to anticipate how many shirts you need and what sizes and colors they need to be... then you have to ship them to anyone who wants one after paying up front for the shirt printing service.  Distribution after printing is an extra expense and effort that isn’t necessary with Merch. There are other similar services too if you just don’t like Amazon, but Amazon’s quality and delivery speed are top-notch. It’s no skin off my back if nobody wants to do that. I was merely offering the group free access to a good t-shirt printing resource if you want to take advantage of it.

...and if we collectively come up with a design everyone likes, then by all means print the same design locally or however you want. Unless you buy 1000 shirts, I suspect you’ll spend way more money per shirt at a local print shop, but if you want to put some money towards a good cause, I’d be happy to put the shirt up on Amazon for $20 instead of at-cost. I’d use the extra money to fund the robo-slinger trebuchet project Grin

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #10 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 3:06pm

I like the idea.  Agreed that an online service will likely save a lot of time and money on the production and distribution.

I have a design idea.  Admittedly, I'm no artist.  But I'll try to put something together and post it tonight or tomorrow.  At the least maybe it will spark an idea for someone else who is more artistic.  Smiley

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #11 - Aug 8th, 2019 at 10:50pm

This didn't come out exactly as I envisioned, but it's basically what I had in mind.

Front:

Back:

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #12 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 9:25am

Length of Cord.

'piece' doesn't scan.

I just don't like 'lariat man'
We've had him for 16 years, so i guess we're stuk with him now.
I suppose if we lost the actual black circle 'lariat' it might look better.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #13 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 9:52am

I like the rhodian slinger icon in rome total war 2
probably copyrighted...
I also like beige and lindybeige

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #14 - Aug 9th, 2019 at 9:54am

That's funny.  I actually had 'Length' originally and changed it.  I have no complaints on switching it back.  I don't understand what is meant by 'piece doesn't scan' though.

What if the black circle was changed to a "swoosh-like" symbol?  Something to indicate movement and direction, but not be a complete circle.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Kick, vetryan15, Morphy, joe_meadmaker, Curious Aardvark, Chris)