Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
New Ghostly Manifestations (Read 11043 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
New Ghostly Manifestations
Jun 15th, 2019 at 9:04pm

As those of you who have been reading my posts for a while know, I live in a haunted little house.. a very haunted house.  That may sound insane but anyone who's ever lived here has no doubt whatsoever.  Some of the ways in which my supernatural guests make their presence known are tapping from inside the walls or from under the cement slab floor, puddles of perfectly clean water (not dog urine) appearing where water couldn't possible appear, the distinct sound of footsteps stomping around upstairs when no one is upstairs, and personal items disappearing, sometimes for months at a time.  Or forever.  If these items do reappear they're always right out in the open in a spot that we've looked in several times.  Recently Casper and friends have found a couple of new ways to mess with us.
     The other night Mike and I were in the livingroom talking.  From the kitchen we heard the sound of glass breaking.  We went into the kitchen and discovered something? had shattered on the floor.  From the way it was spread all over the place it had to have been dropped from high up. We found all of the pieces but couldn't identify what the object had been.  Parts of it were very thick. 
    Last week I was returning from walking one of the dogs.  I usually come in the side door.  I couldn't budge the outside storm door.  "Strange, I know I didn't lock it."  So I went around to the front and let us in.  Then I went to check out the outside side door.  Sure enough it wasn't locked.  So why wouldn't it open?  I checked and the handle was working properly.  There was no reason for the door to not open.  I am not small and I put all the weight I dared put onto the door without breaking it and it didn't budge.  "This is insane! There's nothing holding it!"  I tried several more times but the door, which had never stuck before or since, wouldn't budge.  After about forty five seconds the door opened freely as if nothing had been wrong and it's been working just fine ever since. 
     As I have mentioned before, there is absolutely nothing frightening about living in a haunted house, which I still find surprising.  I always imagined it would be terrifying. People have suggested several means of ridding myself of my non-living residents.  I would miss them.  Ghosts don't lie to me, cheat on me, or mooch off of me. I'm fine with ghosts. I can't wait to see what they pull next.

« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2021 at 7:28pm by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Re: New Ghostly Manifestations
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 3:53pm

Until, on a freezing cold day, you get the bathwater exactly perfect, you step in, sit down, lean back and relax, you start to feel your muscles unkink and then... Grin they turn the water freezing cold....

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 4:03pm

I'm a believer. Obviously not every bump in the night is a ghost but definitely experienced too many things that aren't supposed to exist to disbelieve every story I hear. The world is a weird, weird place.

IP Logged

Funditor406
Descens

Shattered Remains. Wonder
why.

Turah, Montana
Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 7:26pm

My dog was recently barking and growling towards the closet in my bedroom for ten minutes, he saw something I could not, that’s for sure.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 9:24pm

Morphy wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 4:03pm:
I'm a believer. Obviously not every bump in the night is a ghost but definitely experienced too many things that aren't supposed to exist to disbelieve every story I hear. The world is a weird, weird place.

If these were isolated incidents then I'd still be skeptical.  The water appearing has happened several times.  The footsteps upstairs are a very regular thing.  The tapping has happened countless times.  Usually it's in the kitchen but it's also happened in the livingroom and from under the bathroom floor, which is solid cement.  The items disappearing has plagued me for years.  I like to keep an open mind about things but I was skeptical about hauntings.  I imagined there would have to be a logical explanation.  Here there is only one explanation.  This house is haunted.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2019 at 9:27pm

Funditor406 wrote on Jun 17th, 2019 at 7:26pm:
My dog was recently barking and growling towards the closet in my bedroom for ten minutes, he saw something I could not, that’s for sure.

Cats are very sensitive to such things.  My cats used to weird me out.  Several of them would stare at something at the same time.  They'd follow it all around the room with their heads in perfect unison.  But there would never be anything there.  At least nothing humans can see.

IP Logged

Funditor406
Descens

Shattered Remains. Wonder
why.

Turah, Montana
Reply #6 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 1:09am

The paranormal is a fascinating yet dangerous business. I’ve heard so many stories, debatable, yet enough to deter me from a Ouija board. In fact: I find it kinda funny how many people consider themselves non religious or agnostic, yet the idea of using the board in a basement at 3 am sitting in the middle of 5 candles as their only source of light in a salt circle terrifies them.

I myself had previously shared some of my own personal experiences. Ever since then though. I had one of the most horrific sleep paralysis encounters I’ve ever had. You can call bs and laugh, I don’t care, I know I experienced this. Usually my sleep paralysis is nothing particularly terrifying; just a bit of nervousness,  and struggling to move, typical physiology. But this one was different; I was covered by my blanket, everything was unnaturally dark. I felt something violating me from the inside. I became terrified as I felt some presence practically sprinting into my paralyzed body, holding me down. But immediately after I realized all this; I felt the urge to shout a prayer, and so I did, “I condemn thee in the name of Jesus!” In this; my torso began to violently shake as if some presence was trying to cling to my flesh. Moments later; it was all over.

Now at first I just thought it was just a physiological, horrible vivid dream. But a couple years later; I thought more deeply on it. The fact that it ended after I prayed to God is a little too big of a coincidence for me to simply write off as “just sleep paralysis.” However it ended, I literally thank God it did in the way it had.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #7 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 5:14am

I have lived and worked in so many haunted places. I seen a ton of crazy stuff. I do believe. Since moving to maine. I haven't dealt with anything paranormal.  But I have seen multiple UFOs

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #8 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 12:07pm

Lately I've been looking into cryptids. Especially one called Dogman. You Michigan guys may have heard of that one. You go into these things thinking it's a big joke. Several hundred  different eyewitnesses later and it's hard to say they are all mistaken. Just gets me wondering is all. Bigfoot too but Dogman is so much stranger.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #9 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 4:42pm

If life has taught me one thing it's that there are MANY things that modern science doesn't know.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #10 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 5:02pm

Funditor406 wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 1:09am:
The paranormal is a fascinating yet dangerous business. I’ve heard so many stories, debatable, yet enough to deter me from a Ouija board. In fact: I find it kinda funny how many people consider themselves non religious or agnostic, yet the idea of using the board in a basement at 3 am sitting in the middle of 5 candles as their only source of light in a salt circle terrifies them.

I myself had previously shared some of my own personal experiences. Ever since then though. I had one of the most horrific sleep paralysis encounters I’ve ever had. You can call bs and laugh, I don’t care, I know I experienced this. Usually my sleep paralysis is nothing particularly terrifying; just a bit of nervousness,  and struggling to move, typical physiology. But this one was different; I was covered by my blanket, everything was unnaturally dark. I felt something violating me from the inside. I became terrified as I felt some presence practically sprinting into my paralyzed body, holding me down. But immediately after I realized all this; I felt the urge to shout a prayer, and so I did, “I condemn thee in the name of Jesus!” In this; my torso began to violently shake as if some presence was trying to cling to my flesh. Moments later; it was all over.

Now at first I just thought it was just a physiological, horrible vivid dream. But a couple years later; I thought more deeply on it. The fact that it ended after I prayed to God is a little too big of a coincidence for me to simply write off as “just sleep paralysis.” However it ended, I literally thank God it did in the way it had.

Sleep paralysis is a fascinating subject worthy of it's own thread.

IP Logged

Eudave

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #11 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 5:04pm

Long time believer. We were at a B and B in Indiana only ones in the house other than the invisible person walking up the stairs,then things disappeared from my wife's train case and   turned up again it was sealed in a blister pack with a rubber band around it .I heard furniture moving in the room behind us  and people laughing on the rug in front of the piano downstairs   not frightening just kind of neat .
BTW we are both psychic...take that as you may .

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #12 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 8:59am

Rat Man wrote on Jun 18th, 2019 at 4:42pm:
   If life has taught me one thing it's that there are MANY things that modern science doesn't know.

Philosophically speaking, the spiritual realm is, by definition, outside the scope of science except where the spiritual and physical intersect and there is some physical evidence that can be measured. If ghosts and such turned out to be some multidimensional trickery that still obeys the laws of this universe, then they aren’t spiritual at all. Otherwise when a scientist claims any expertise about such things, it is only because of scientific arrogance and the fact that many scientists don’t understand the meaning of the scientific method.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #13 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 9:25am

If you define ghosts as human souls without bodies, then my personal opinion is that they are only transitional and do not linger on earth to interact before going to their final destination, but some really weird stuff can happen when someone is on their death bed. The things that do the routine “haunting” are not human but are sentient and intelligent and they do not necessarily have our best interests in mind.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2019 at 12:22am by NooneOfConsequence »  

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #14 - Jun 23rd, 2019 at 10:26am

When I was a child, I had a dream that can only be described as a visit by an evil spirit. It was a lucid dream where, unlike most dreams, I was walking through my own house with the exact same layout as the real one. I was drawn to the bathroom, where I stood looking at the mirror. Suddenly a demonic face rose up from behind the bathroom counter... inside the mirror! It didn’t say or do anything. It just stared at me, smiling until I woke up screaming. I was terrified to go to the bathroom for a long time after that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Masiakasaurus)