Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Personal Penchants (Read 1773 times)
perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Personal Penchants
May 14th, 2019 at 7:29pm

To balance out the pet peeves. What are some things that you just find satisfying, things that make the day better? I'll start:

A cup of coffee, a good book, and a biscotti. Bonus points if it happened after a good morning workout.

When a project comes together juuuuuust right. I just twisted a climbing rope (cable technically) for my girls out of a smaller diameter rope. Put an eye splice and a backsplice in it so it could slip over the end of their swingset. And it's the perfect length. That's a great feeling.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Personal Penchants
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2019 at 12:50am

The obvious one that I think most of us share: hitting the target dead on. That's with anything but it is particularly satisfying with a sling.

Similarly, I've been using a bolas a Vassar asking recently and getting a really good wrap around the target feels pretty great.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #2 - May 15th, 2019 at 3:23pm

freedom
a clear sunny blue sky
when women look you in the eyes for a little more than usual
a downhill run (that you can't stop until the ground becomes level again)
waking up early

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #3 - May 15th, 2019 at 3:38pm

A sunny day (and a cold beer)

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #4 - May 15th, 2019 at 4:43pm

Good thread idea, ps. A beautiful Spring day like today, not being in the damned hospital, no medical dilemmas or procedures hanging over your head for you or those in your care, being caught up on bills.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #5 - May 16th, 2019 at 2:02am

Getting an iv cannula placed first time especially if someone else has tried to place one and failed.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #6 - May 16th, 2019 at 10:22am

After mowing the lawn, sitting outside on the porch with a cigar and having a couple beers.  Sometimes the park across the street will have a softball game going on.  Just a nice relaxing time.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #7 - May 16th, 2019 at 11:52am

A hug from your child. Your child falling asleep on your shoulder.

A perfect combination. When you got the perfect range and power to each target.

The lightbulb moment. When you have the moment of insight and you understand the puzzle. Or when you help someone else have that lightbulb moment.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - May 17th, 2019 at 7:00am

getting a design and 3dprint spot on, first time.

My dogs.

Most of the other stuff people already mentioned.

Creating a new recipe that really works.

Watching a bunch of people enjoy food you've cooked.

Beating dave and pete in Mallorca - hell, beating ANYONE in mallorca Smiley

Making something that you know is unique - My portable sling target is a good example.

A good sauna/jacuzzi/steam session and lunch in the carpark watching the birds and squirrels and knowing nobody can get hold of me for a while.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #9 - May 17th, 2019 at 9:44am

Fairly recently we started using paper bags for our biowaste that we fold ourselves out of newspapers. To speed up the process I bought a staple remover but didn't have a good place to store it. On one of our cupboards is a small hook that wasn't being used so I got out the drill, drilled a hole in the staple remover, filed it a bit to clean it up, used a bit of spare string and now it hangs on the hook above the paper waste for easy access. It's a really simple little thing, but having the right tools and a bit of imagination leads to a really elegant solution. Very satisfying. I love solving tiny problems.
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2019 at 12:06pm by Kick »  

IP Logged

cram
Descens

Reply #10 - Jun 4th, 2019 at 10:55am

Finding new slinging videos Cheesy

It ain't target practice if you keep hitting.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Bill Skinner)