Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Help with making a bank line split pouch sling (Read 1103 times)
AndyC
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

SoCal
Help with making a bank line split pouch sling
Mar 26th, 2019 at 3:04pm

Hello, I'm wanting to replicate a sling like this bank line sling ( https://youtu.be/bkAdj5wB1MQ ). Are there any instructional templates or video tutorials that you guys recommend that would help me make this sling?

Also I'm not sure what bank line to use, braided or twisted?

Thank you!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Help with making a bank line split pouch sling
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 4:44pm

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 5:10pm

Hey man, you can still ask more questions if you want but I'll post a few high points.

- Tarred Twisted Bank line is available in several different sizes on Amazon depending on how hefty of a sling you want, usually I trend toward the smaller-medium sizes so I can taper the release cord.

- It's more durable than regular nylon, has very little memory, untangles easily, water resistant, and braids well in my experience.

- This sling can mostly be made following the "Simple Braided Sling" or a "Balearic Sling Making " tutorial with a couple small changes.
A. Start with 8 cords with extra to fold over the ring or 4 cords that are 2.5 times the length of the sling you want.
B. Add an extra cord when braiding the finger loop so you can use a 5 strand braid  which I think is more comfortable.
C. Use a four strand round braid for the cords
- splice in more cords as you get towards the pouch
D. Use a five strand flat braid for the pouch

- Taper the release cord starting at about half way down.

- Sling on.   Smiley

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

AndyC
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

SoCal
Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2019 at 5:45pm

Dan wrote on Mar 26th, 2019 at 5:10pm:
Hey man, you can still ask more questions if you want but I'll post a few high points.

- Tarred Twisted Bank line is available in several different sizes on Amazon depending on how hefty of a sling you want, usually I trend toward the smaller-medium sizes so I can taper the release cord.

- It's more durable than regular nylon, has very little memory, untangles easily, water resistant, and braids well in my experience.

- This sling can mostly be made following the "Simple Braided Sling" or a "Balearic Sling Making " tutorial with a couple small changes.
A. Start with 8 cords with extra to fold over the ring or 4 cords that are 2.5 times the length of the sling you want.
B. Add an extra cord when braiding the finger loop so you can use a 5 strand braid  which I think is more comfortable.
C. Use a four strand round braid for the cords
- splice in more cords as you get towards the pouch
D. Use a five strand flat braid for the pouch

- Taper the release cord starting at about half way down.

- Sling on.   Smiley

Awesome, thanks for the info! I'm new to the forum and didn't realize you were on here.

I've been wanting a sling to bring with me on backpacking/camping trips. This design looks like a good durable and light-weight sling to throw in my pack.

Thanks again, can't wait to start working on it Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #4 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 7:04am

Edited:
Awesome, thanks for the info! I'm new to the forum and didn't realize you were on here.

'All life is here' Smiley

If it's a half decent sling video - the odds are pretty good the maker is a member Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, joe_meadmaker, Kick, vetryan15, Morphy)