Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
6th International Slinging Convention (Read 16201 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: 6th International Slinging Convention
Reply #45 - Feb 25th, 2019 at 5:24pm

Could be black and brown, I tend not to register colours much Smiley

Given that the rocks you'll end with will be fairly random, you really need a pouch.
Had to trim the fluffy tail, was buggering up the release, but still almost makes a snap.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #46 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 6:38am

Good luck to all competitors !!!

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #47 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:13am

Went to a school this morning

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #48 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 9:56am

Picnic on the beach

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #49 - Feb 27th, 2019 at 3:31pm

Looks great, can't wait!

I'll be getting in around 11am tomorrow, unless I get any further info from Pep, I'll taxi to the hotel and see you there!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #50 - Feb 28th, 2019 at 5:15am

Lol as of last night pep had no clue he or when he was getting here himself.
I'm currently sitting in the hotel lobby , enjoying having a free day and just chilling out waiting for people to arrive. I'll amble down to town at some point, for a coffee and to replenish supplies.
Other than that - no plans.

Tomorrow we have a competition that is just teams. I'm team Guam, got the T-shirt and everything. Plus the boys really on form.
Saturday it's the international and Sunday a comp with tennis balls. My only real chance of doing anything.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #51 - Feb 28th, 2019 at 5:17am

Lol as of last night pep had no clue he or when he was getting here himself.
I'm currently sitting in the hotel lobby , enjoying having a free day and just chilling out waiting for people to arrive. I'll amble down to town at some point, for a coffee and to replenish supplies.
Other than that - no plans.

Tomorrow we have a competition that is just teams. I'm team Guam, got the T-shirt and everything. Plus the boys really on form.
Saturday it's the international and Sunday a comp with tennis balls. My only real chance of doing anything.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #52 - Mar 1st, 2019 at 4:56pm

So today was purely teams
Team Guam wasz myself, roman and guelu, Pete the new guy and Ukrainian Alex.

We won the international category.
That's the first pic.
Second pic is outside the mayors office in st eularia, the second largest town in elvissa, what the natives call ibitha/Ibiza.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #53 - Mar 2nd, 2019 at 6:25am

I'm still so annoyed I couldn't come this year. Next year I WILL MAKE IT.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Tint
Interfector Viris Spurii
Past Moderator

Hong Kong
Reply #54 - Mar 2nd, 2019 at 7:38pm

Congratulations! Wish I were there!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #55 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 4:14am

I wish you were here too. You'd love it.
Tennis balks today.
Ukrainian Alex won the international yesterday with uwe 2nd and guelu 3rd.. I was 1 point away 4th. But a personal best score.
So  far Guam have the team trophy - with a little help from myself and Pete and Ukrainian Alex.
Today I intend to beat them !

Lol

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #56 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 4:56am

Hope I can make it next year!

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #57 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 7:18am

Well that's another year of slinging, talking, braiding, being talked at in spanish: by people you know can speak english and probably german - though we still have only the one ukranian speaker.

Sun, beer, sea, beaches, stones, slinging, more beer, early mornings, extremely long lunches and just good times had by all.

While I did bring back a small trophy and a first place medal - neither one were really earned, and personally I feel my best achievement this year was to increase my personal best with stones to 10 points, and that with blanking my third round.
I was 1 point off 3rd and 2 off 2nd and 1st in the international.

Shoutouts go to pep ribas ribas - for once more being the butt of all our winges and complaints.
Yeah he tends to do things last second, but at the end of the day it's a tough job and he manages to pull it off each year. He also makes a pretty decent sandwich Smiley
So here's to Pep, without you it would probably never happen.
Yes we complain, yes it appears we don't appreciate your efforts - but at the end of the day, without you none of it would happen at all.
So many many thanks from all of us (and I know i speak for everyone on this).

Also major shout outs to: Adrien - the crazsy dutchman - Van Diemen and his feisty fiat panda. A better tour guide to ibiza we couldn't have had Smiley
If anyone tells you that four large blokes, and a boot/trunk full of rocks, can't drive up a rough mountain track in a fiat panda - they don't know what they are talking about.
Jeeps and landrovers have nothing on a fiat panda driven by a mad dutchman Smiley

To Marcos, Sonia and little Marc - great people, fabulous hosts and the epitomy of what makes the international such a fantastic event.
A true slinging family.

Also a major shout to christian sam - who gave the very first lecture where:
a) I actually learnt some new things about slinging.
b) He conducted it in three languages, so everyone actually understood what was going on.
The man is a legend in his own lunchtime Smiley

To everyone else that helped behind the scenes a huge thank you !

The 2019 international leaves us with a huge amount of unique memories and experiences that we will treasure forever.

I apologise for the german and spanish - but google translate still does a better job than I could.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #58 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 7:22am

Nun, das ist ein weiteres Jahr des Schleuderns, der Unterhaltung, des Flechtens und des Sprechens auf Spanisch: Von Leuten, die Sie kennen, können Sie Englisch und wahrscheinlich Deutsch sprechen - obwohl wir immer noch nur einen ukrainischen Sprecher haben.

Sonne, Bier, Meer, Strände, Steine, Schleuder, mehr Bier, früher Morgen, extrem lange Mittagessen und einfach nur gute Zeiten.

Ich brachte zwar eine kleine Trophäe und eine Medaille für den ersten Platz zurück - keiner war wirklich verdient und ich persönlich glaube, dass es mir in diesem Jahr am besten war, meine persönliche Bestleistung mit Steinen auf 10 Punkte zu steigern, und mit meiner dritten Runde.
Ich war 1 Punkt auf Platz 3 und 2 auf Platz 2 und 1 im Länderspiel.

Rufe gehen an pep ribas ribas - einmal mehr der Hintern aller unserer Flügel und Beschwerden.
Ja, er neigt dazu, Dinge in letzter Sekunde zu erledigen, aber am Ende des Tages ist es ein harter Job und er schafft es jedes Jahr. Er macht auch ein ziemlich anständiges Sandwich Smiley
Also hier zu Pep, ohne dich würde es wahrscheinlich nie passieren.
Ja, wir beschweren uns, ja, anscheinend schätzen wir Ihre Bemühungen nicht - aber am Ende des Tages würde ohne Sie gar nichts passieren.
Vielen, vielen Dank von uns allen (und ich weiß, dass ich diesbezüglich für jeden spreche).

Auch wichtige Rufe an: Adrien - der verrückte Niederländer - Van Diemen und sein lebhafter Fiat Panda. Ein besserer Reiseführer für Ibiza hätten wir nicht haben können Smiley
Wenn Ihnen jemand sagt, dass vier große Kerle und ein Kofferraum / Kofferraum voller Steine ​​in einem Panda-Panda keine raue Bergstrecke fahren können, wissen sie nicht, worüber sie sprechen.
Jeeps und Landrovers haben nichts auf einem Panda, der von einem verrückten Holländer getrieben wird Smiley

Für Marcos, Sonia und den kleinen Marc - tolle Leute, tolle Gastgeber und der Inbegriff dessen, was die Internationale zu einem fantastischen Ereignis macht.
Eine echte Schleuderfamilie.

Auch ein großer Ruf an Christian Sam - der die erste Vorlesung hielt, wo:
a) Ich habe tatsächlich einige neue Dinge über das Schleudern gelernt.
b) Er führte es in drei Sprachen durch, so dass jeder wirklich verstand, was vor sich ging.
Der Mann ist eine Legende in seiner eigenen Mittagspause Smiley

An alle anderen, die hinter den Kulissen geholfen haben, ein großes Dankeschön!

Der Internationale von 2019 hinterlässt uns eine Menge einzigartiger Erinnerungen und Erfahrungen, die wir für immer schätzen werden.

Ich entschuldige mich für das Deutsche und das Spanische - aber Google Translate macht immer noch einen besseren Job als ich könnte.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #59 - Mar 5th, 2019 at 7:23am

Bueno, ese es otro año más de cabalgar, hablar, trenzar, hablar en español: las personas que usted conoce pueden hablar inglés y probablemente alemán, aunque todavía tenemos un solo hablante de Ucrania.

Sol, cerveza, mar, playas, piedras, honda, más cerveza, madrugada, almuerzos extremadamente largos y buenos momentos para todos.

Si bien recuperé un pequeño trofeo y una medalla de primer lugar, ninguno de ellos fue realmente ganado, y personalmente siento que mi mejor logro este año fue aumentar mi mejor marca personal con piedras a 10 puntos, y eso con el cegamiento de mi tercera ronda.
Estaba a 1 punto de la 3ª posición y 2 de la 2ª y 1ª en el internacional.

Los gritos van a pep ribas ribas, por ser una vez más el trasero de todas nuestras alas y quejas.
Sí, tiende a hacer las cosas en el último segundo, pero al final del día es un trabajo difícil y se las arregla para lograrlo cada año. También hace un sandwich bastante decente Smiley
Así que aquí está Pep, sin ti probablemente nunca sucederá.
Sí, nos quejamos, sí, parece que no apreciamos sus esfuerzos, pero al final del día, sin usted nada de eso sucedería.
Muchas gracias de todos nosotros (y sé que hablo por todos en este tema).

También grandes gritos a: Adrien, el holandés loco, Van Diemen y su panda fiat. Una mejor guía turística de ibiza que no pudimos haber tenido Smiley
Si alguien te dice que cuatro tipos grandes, y una bota / baúl lleno de rocas, no pueden conducir por una áspera pista de montaña en un panda fiat, no saben de qué están hablando.
Los jeeps y los terratenientes no tienen nada en un panda fiat conducido por un holandés loco Smiley

Para Marcos, Sonia y el pequeño Marc: excelentes personas, anfitriones fabulosos y la epitomía de lo que hace que el evento internacional sea un evento tan fantástico.
Una verdadera familia honda.

También un grito importante para el cristiano Sam, que dio la primera conferencia donde:
a) De hecho, aprendí algunas cosas nuevas acerca de la honda.
b) Lo llevó a cabo en tres idiomas, para que todos entendieran realmente lo que estaba sucediendo.
El hombre es una leyenda en su propio almuerzo Smiley

¡A todos los demás que ayudaron entre bastidores un gran agradecimiento!

El internacional 2019 nos deja con una gran cantidad de recuerdos y experiencias únicas que atesoraremos para siempre.

Pido disculpas por el alemán y el español, pero el traductor de Google todavía hace un mejor trabajo que yo.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: LightSlinger, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark)