Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Now That's a Knife (Read 3789 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Now That's a Knife
Reply #15 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 12:47pm

My absolute favorite bush knife is my customized Cold Steel Bushman. It’s hard to find good carbon steel blades like this these days, especially at a reasonable price, but this one does everything I want it to.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #16 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 1:55pm

Kick wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 12:26pm:
vetryan15 wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 11:21am:
https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/DMT-6-Dia-Sharp-Kit-P404C127.aspx this the main one i used. Got it at the same price. Its awesome,  and not too expensive.  Plus diamond stones last the longest, from my research.  The company was somewhat helpful

That looks great but the problem I have is being in Finland. Shipping from America is basically a no-go. I need to really go and see what's available over here I think.

I know, you might be able to find that type and brand  in Finland

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #17 - Dec 8th, 2019 at 1:59pm

I ened up learning fow to forge knives, and now carry my own forged seax style knife. In my state its legal to carry even if its a foot long knife. Lol. Once i get my forge up and running i will be back in business to sell again. Done a few trades as well in the past.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #18 - Dec 10th, 2019 at 11:28pm

vetryan15 wrote on Dec 8th, 2019 at 1:59pm:
I ened up learning fow to forge knives, and now carry my own forged seax style knife. In my state its legal to carry even if its a foot long knife. Lol. Once i get my forge up and running i will be back in business to sell again. Done a few trades as well in the past.

I'll be looking forward to it.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #19 - Dec 11th, 2019 at 12:24pm

My older ones i made, i have posted on Instagram.  Only made about 10
Screen name vetryan15

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #20 - Dec 11th, 2019 at 9:18pm

I just checked them out.  Good stuff.  I also have a Ball Python, Ka.  Ka is almost thirty years old.  I used to have big snakes but they died a while back.  I had a Columbian Red Tailed Boa and an Albino Burmese Python.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #21 - Dec 27th, 2019 at 9:25pm

Kick wrote on Dec 7th, 2019 at 2:51am:
Ah that sucks. My kukri is great but the problem I have is I SUCK at sharpening knives. Almost all mine are blunt right now so I'll need to sit down and actually try and do some proper sharpening.

Throughout most of my life I was able to get a razor's edge on any good blade using a big rectangular oil stone.  I used to have a few.  During one of my many moves they got lost.  They seem to have gone out of fashion.  I can't find one anywhere and I can't get that kind of edge using anything else.  I have one of those stones with the embedded diamond chips.  It's good for getting a working edge on a knife but I can't get my blades sharp enough to shave with like I used to.  I hope to someday find some old oil stones at a yard sale somewhere.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Chris, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus)