Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Slingers Guide (Read 3774 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Slingers Guide
Jun 30th, 2018 at 11:55pm

Is it just me or does the slingers guide section appear and disappear from the main page all the time?  Most of the time I don’t see it unless I use the search bar, but once in a while it will magically reappear.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Dawesome21

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Slingers Guide
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 12:32am

I think you have to be logged in to see it.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 10:57am

yep, it's only visible to forum members - you need to be logged in.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 10:37pm

That’s the weird part... I am logged in, but the main page says I’m not.  I try to log in from there and it says I am already logged in, and if I click on a visible topic it shows my username. I guess it’s something weird with my browser.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #4 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 10:53pm

Yep. Logged out. Logged in. Slingers guide reappeared. It’s the only topic that does that.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 4:25pm

if your ip address changes then you need to do the log in and out thing.
Most people have dynamic ip addresses, so every time you reboot your router your ip address changes.

As I'm at the end of the local telephone exchange I re-boot my router quite a bit.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 4:30am

I find when I come onto the forum I'm logged out, I click the home button and I'm magically logged in. Same with my on my phone. I haven't typed in my password since... possibly the first time I logged in.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #7 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:47am

Ok it’s not just me Smiley
It really only affects the one topic because of the privacy settings but it’s a very strange quirk.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 3:27pm

I just figured out that if I click on the breadcrumb links it says I am logged in but if I go to the home page by clicking Lariat Man, it doesn’t... interesting.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #9 - Jul 23rd, 2018 at 7:25am

ip address changes.
Some modern routers routinely reboot to keep you at the top of the pile. So even though you might not be aware of it, your ip address could be changing regularly.

The forum software looks more at ip addresses than user names for account security.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Bill Skinner)