Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Send Topic Print
Music Round-Robin (Read 35230 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Music Round-Robin
Reply #60 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 4:29am

I love pretty much every song Gorillaz has released but this is definitely a favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hArkTJLjbUk

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #61 - Aug 17th, 2018 at 5:07pm

Kick wrote on Aug 17th, 2018 at 4:29am:
I love pretty much every song Gorillaz has released but this is definitely a favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hArkTJLjbUk

Is it weird that I can see 4 very high Beatles singing this song?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #62 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 1:46pm

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #63 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 2:05pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wIH1lC5HDc

If we're going down the reggae route Cheesy

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #64 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 2:58pm

A lot of the comments on that one we're saying check out Sublimes cover of this song. I love Sublime. They we're a favorite of mine growing up. You ever listen to them KTO?

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #65 - Aug 18th, 2018 at 3:51pm

Never heard of them but I'll be sure to check them out.

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #66 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 10:49pm

@Sarosh I know I’m a bit late but, Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorites. I have a bunch of it’s soundtrack on my personal playlist. It’s in a battle for first place with the first anime I watched, which is mostly so high because of the nostalgia factor. I also saw champloo, it’s also a favorite but not quite as high I’d say.

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #67 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 11:31am

Ok. I've posted stuff on here before that I was fairly sure no-one else would like. I know pretty much for a fact no-one else will like this guy's music (which I only discovered today) BUT the way in which he makes it is actually pretty fascinating so I'll post the short documentary where he explains what he does THEN the music Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrOTHl6Tldc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UR3YjktJYI

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #68 - Aug 23rd, 2018 at 3:19pm

Sarosh almost single-handedly got me wanting to watch Anime with that song he submitted. I sort of went half way and watched the Daft Punk Album movie Interstella 5555.  My daughter has seen it 3-4 times already and loves it. If you guys know of a good next step for a 9 year old girl (9 going on 16 if you know what I mean) please feel free to submit something. She needs something with good music and girls in the main storyline.

IP Logged

Sarosh
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #69 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 9:41am

@Drakolith
what's the first you watched?
I have seen some but i can't compare them with each other they just stir up different emotions.
fma brotherhood was the first i completed. and one piece was the first i started.

@Morphy
for that age i would recommend
legend of korra .

the only anime i can think of with female main characters are: "mary the virgin witch" , "made in abyss". both not for 9 year olds.

cowboy bebop and samurai champloo have very good music. for other anime it could be that the anime makes the music good when you connect it with certain emotions.

i wonder what others might suggest.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #70 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 10:06am

The only anime I've watched is Death Note. Not really suitable for a 9 year old I guess but so clever and intricate and it's interesting in that the main character is the definition of an anti-hero. Very philosophical at points and truly one of my favourite series. I think everyone should watch it just to consider the questions it throws up.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #71 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 6:30pm

Thank you for the advice there Sarosh. I'll check them out. I've heard great things about The Last Airbender, maybe that would be a good start.

KTO, I watched the Death note live action movie on Netflix. The idea behind it is really interesting. I am a big fan of anything with Willem Dafoe so figured it was worth a watch. I liked it a lot. Have you seen it? I suspect like most such movies the remake is not as good as the original but still quite good to me anyways.

Also I watched some of the stuff you posted and although I don't know that genre well it sort of/kind of reminded me of Nine Inch Nails. You ever get into Reznors stuff?

I was a teenager when Quake 1 was first coming out and he did the soundtrack for it. He did a phenomenal job on it. Of course I loved that game so much there may be just a little bit of nostalgia involved in my opinion.  Wink

https://youtu.be/qVOHTGYoM6E

Here it is if you're interested.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #72 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 6:56pm

I haven't seen the Netflix movie but of what I did see... Yeah you should watch the actual series Cheesy

I would describe Author & Punisher as "Industrial Doom metal". NIN is pretty close really but I've never really got into them. I kind of like the bands that inspired Reznor more than the stuff Reznor has done (Coil and Throbbing Gristle). I find NIN a bit too... this is going to sound weird but a bit too pop music. I feel like NIN is Industrial music with some of the edges shaved off. Stuff like Throbbing Gristle is far more "raw".

The Quake soundtrack is great and reminds me of the latest Doom incarnation's soundtrack which I've been greatly enjoying. Doom's is a bit more fast paced and closer to more traditional metal but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some inspiration taken from Quake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm932Sqwf5E

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #73 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 7:28pm

NIN is too pop. LOL. So funny man. Never thought I would hear those words but in a strange way I do get what you're saying.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #74 - Aug 26th, 2018 at 6:40am

It's just too clean for me Cheesy I like stuff like this though so my taste is kind of skewed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuG6dLhBZM4

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner)