Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Monkeys Fist (Read 8349 times)
NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Monkeys Fist
Jun 24th, 2018 at 10:51am

Monkey’s fist keychain lanyard with a twist: pull the pin (like a grenade) and the lanyard instantly unravels to give you an extra meter of reach or so. It’s use would be similar to nunchaku or a rope chain., but I actually find it useful as a tool for hanging a bag on a tree, tossing a line over a tall branch, or just to have a little spare cordage in my pocket.  It’s about half a meter long as shown in the photo, but there’s 6 or 7 meters of paracord in there all together (not including the monkeys fist). It’s like a miniature meteor hammer that fits in your pocket and weighs about as much as a sling and a rock Smiley

I used to sell these at gun shows, and they were popular, but I haven’t done that in a while. I found a few extra lanyards in my closet. I’d be willing to trade one for a sling and a rock... maybe minus the rock Grin
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:36am by NooneOfConsequence »  

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Re: Monkeys Fist
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2018 at 11:09pm

Found a couple more while cleaning out my closet...

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:45am

Extended

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 1:15pm

I don't have any particularly special slings but I do have a cotton string herringbone braided split pouch?

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2018 at 9:29pm

If it’s from a fellow slinger like you, it’s special!  I dont have a herringbone split pouch yet, so you’ve got yourself a deal. What color do you want?  Blue, light blue, or red?

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 6:50am

Blue looks good to me. I can always throw in some Finnish chocolates as well if you want. I know all the good ones Cheesy

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 7:59am

The blue one is yours! If it were winter, I would definitely say yes to chocolate, but in Texas in summer, it would turn into a puddle in the envelope. I’ll PM you and we can work out all the details.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2018 at 8:08am

Ah good point Cheesy

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #8 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:38am

I've just thought, what's the technique for re-contracting this after pulling the pin?

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #9 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:01pm

It’s a standard monkey chain... form a loop near the monkey fist; push a loop into the first loop. Repeat the loop-in-loop process until you run out of cord and pin the last loop with the hitch pin.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #10 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 11:39pm

Awesome! I'll have to practice it Cheesy

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #11 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 12:38pm

It's arrived! It's really awesome and I can't wait to test it out. I also managed to extend it and tie it back up despite how terrible I am at knots Cheesy Thanks for the Texas key ring as well. I hope this means the slings I've sent will be arriving soon.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #12 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 11:22pm

Woohoo!  I was hoping it would arrive soon. I’m glad you like it Smiley
I will let you know as soon as the sling arrives. I didn’t see it in my mailbox this morning, but I’m sure it will be here soon.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #13 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 7:01pm

It’s here!  Thanks KTO! A package with two slings just arrived fresh from Finland. I can’t wait to try them out.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #14 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 2:17am

Great to hear! I was starting to get a little worried. Hope you get some good use from them. One has a particularly large pouch for use with tennis balls and the other is more of a regular split pouch for rocks or glandes.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, David Morningstar, Chris, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Bill Skinner)