Send Topic Print
New puppy (Read 2176 times)
vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
New puppy
Jun 4th, 2018 at 7:41am

2 years ago I lost my dog, I had an English springer spaniel.  I had adopted a 8 month old German Shepherd / greyhound mix. I named her Jolene. She is from the inner city of Philadelphia.    We just added a new puppy to the family.  Over the weekend we adopted a 4 month 30lbs, female hound mix. From Alabama.  Named her Gypsy.  Now Jolene is my slinging buddy. I am hoping that Gypsy  turns the same way. Here are a few pics. Jolene has to wear a vest, due to hunting in my area, and then once we move to Maine since she ru s like the wind.

20180602_140918.jpg (5491 KB | 66 )
20180602_140918.jpg
20180602_140855.jpg (4850 KB | 49 )
20180602_140855.jpg
20180602_145221.jpg (3887 KB | 56 )
20180602_145221.jpg
20180602_145231.jpg (5611 KB | 36 )
20180602_145231.jpg
20180602_145231_001.jpg (5611 KB | 49 )
20180602_145231_001.jpg
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: New puppy
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 7:47am

please resize the pics - just load too slow for me to even see them Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #2 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 8:01am

Sorry about that. It's normal for me, I am not technology savy at all.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #3 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 8:03am

Congrats vet!
My family has been talking about getting another dog soon too. We lost our 14y/o golden to cancer a few weeks ago and the 12y/o is still a good fetcher, but she’s slowing down and isn’t as alert as she used to be. I am convinced that those two dogs are why I’ve never had a break-in in the 12 years since we left apartment life for suburbia.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 8:23am

@noone. Thanks, I lost my springer to cancer.  It was horrible.  When I had adopted Jolene,  last summer. It was a special event they were howting, her story is really horrible.  Now we are on a farm. Then this week we will be moving up to northern maine. I just purchased 20 acres to build my cabin on. Gypsy,  the new addition was at a huge local event in Philadelphia over the weekend.  Both are doing great together.  My English Springer,  he kept alot of people at bay, when I lived in some horrible neighborhoods. But he was the nicest dog anyone could meet.  But with the new addition,  since she is a smell hound, Jolene us a sight hound mix. So I will be doing some hunting training when both get a bit older.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #5 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 10:46am

Looks like Jolene and Gypsy hit the doggy lottery. Beautiful animals Vet.

I had a Rhodesian Ridgeback mix for 17 years. She was stubborn but as loving and loyal a creature as any I've ever met. Got her when I was in high school and she passed when I was in my mid 30s. Dogs are wonderful companions and it looks like yours are in for the good life.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #6 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 11:17am

@morphy thanks.  I know how that goes with losing a pup. I always had a dog, my whole life. When I lost my English springer. I was devastated.  I spiraled into a deep depression. Waited 9 months before I got Jolene.  Who is stubborn as hell. Gypsy is very easily trainable that I noticed so far. But Jolene I'd already helping her with training, and is getting protective which is good.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #7 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 2:24pm

great looking dogs Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #8 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 11:47pm

Congratulations, on the new pups! Sorry about all y’alls dogs that have been lost or passed, we used to have 2, a mix and a full blooded husky but they passed a good few years back. Now we have a pit bull mix and a boxer mix. I’m much more of a dog person than a cat person.

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #9 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 7:35am

Thanks,  losing a pup is very hard. When I lost my dogs, I cried more then when I lost my younger brother to an OD.  I know people don't like, that I say that, but it's the truth. I love animals,  spent 10 years in animal care, training,  grooming, vet tech. It's never easy, even when it was a dog or cat I didn't know, and had to help with euthanasia.  But, dogs bring something out of most humans. Weather it's compassion,  or empathy. Cats are just too damn independent lol

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 7:48am

Sorry, I didn’t mean to bring down the mood by talking about losing my dog. She was 14, which is older than most goldens live, and she had a really good life.  Losing a dog isn’t fun, but the years of enjoying a four-footed family member is worth it overall, which is why my family will probably jump right into adopting another one this summer.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #11 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 1:06pm

its all good. It's juet part of the territory. But I agree..the heartbreak is definitely worth it for the years of total loyalty that dogs give.

IP Logged

Drakolith
Funditor

U.S.
Reply #12 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 6:04pm

I also agree with that.

“When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything at all.”

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #13 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:23am

I resized your pictures.  Great looking dogs. Congrats!

1_008.JPG (121 KB | 41 )
1_008.JPG

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #14 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:24am

2_004.JPG (110 KB | 34 )
2_004.JPG

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, David Morningstar)