Slinging.org Administrator

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Main website link
May 20th, 2018 at 2:24pm

https://web.archive.org/web/20120920043354/http://www.slinging.org/

Thanks to Sarosh for bringing this to my attention Smiley

Until I figure out how to get the webpage running again - this is what's there and works great Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

winkleried
Interfector Viris Spurii

Norman Oklahoma
Re: Main website link
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2018 at 2:34am

Well, that answers that particular question......

The Few...The Proud.....The Slingers&&Sling to live, Live to sling&&I Ain't right
WWW winkleried  
IP Logged

lakeslinger

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #2 - Feb 7th, 2019 at 4:13am

Hi there,

it must be some years I´ve entered here - been very busy , no time for slinging, only sporadically visiting the forum, but still making slings sometimes. Today I noticed with pleasure, that the old main website isn`t lost at all.

Thanks a lot for the link!

Independently I´ve found two "lost" articles on the web, I want additionally link here:

1) the Rockman sling tutorial:
https://sites.google.com/site/rockmansling/

2) the Apache Sling article:
http://www.prepperuniverse.com/how-to-build-and-use-a-traditional-apache-sling-l...

Hopefully I can manage to visit the forum more often in the future - like in the good old times.
There are a few pics of slings to post and many new slings I have to take pictures of.

Until then... lakeslinger

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Mar 30th, 2019 at 8:04am

Bei der Gelegenheit. https://fundamittere.jimdo.com

Ist auch wieder online. 😁

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

mymothersmeatloaf

saint louis missouri
Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2020 at 6:07am

I've been looking for this for years! I wonder what happened to the main page..

mymothersmeatloaf  
IP Logged

Curious Aardvark

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - May 11th, 2020 at 2:55pm

The website is actually still where it always was.
One file has been altered by the people who own the server.

The people who run the server decided to shut it down as the version of CMS it used, was apparently no longer considered safe.

Unfortunately I had no part in the original website design and would never ever ever ever have used an online based web system.
I'm old fashioned like that, I like a website to be  a document you can alter with off line software.

I have looked at updating cms - but after a couple of hours my brain starts to melt and leak out of my ears.

It was bad enough when i updated the forum software.

At some point I'll make a serious effort to properly 'capture' the original website and replace the whole frigging sms-mess with a normal html based, easy to edit and change site.

But not today....

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #6 - Jul 3rd, 2020 at 1:06pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on May 11th, 2020 at 2:55pm:
The website is actually still where it always was.
One file has been altered by the people who own the server.

The people who run the server decided to shut it down as the version of CMS it used, was apparently no longer considered safe.

Unfortunately I had no part in the original website design and would never ever ever ever have used an online based web system.
I'm old fashioned like that, I like a website to be  a document you can alter with off line software.

I have looked at updating cms - but after a couple of hours my brain starts to melt and leak out of my ears.

It was bad enough when i updated the forum software.

At some point I'll make a serious effort to properly 'capture' the original website and replace the whole frigging sms-mess with a normal html based, easy to edit and change site.

But not today....

Need any help with that?

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #7 - Feb 20th, 2021 at 6:09pm

Okay!

The main page is back up.  Well, at least it exists again.  Not finished yet.  My preview screen was half of my screen wide and showed the page looking great.  But now when it's a full screen, it's too wide with all the white space in the middle instead of on the sides like they're supposed to be.   noidea  Kinda fixed now but still not exactly how I want it. 

So to fix:
White Space   Thumbs Up
Add color pallet   Thumbs Up  I've got a background color (colour for CA) added.  Not quite the same as the old color but better than pure white.  02/21/21 (US date) Found a background color that more closely matched the old website main color.

Links to add:

Home   Thumbs Up
Forum   Thumbs Up
Guides and Articles (this was huge, so likely to be last)  (Coming Soon page exists)
Image Gallery  (Coming Soon page exists)
Sling Ranges     Thumbs Up
Textual Resources  Thumbs Up
Other Websites   Smiley

Donation link so you wonderful people can give us money to run the site.

Okay, another thing I noticed is that the "Home" button on the new site takes you to the forum.  But the forum home image (top left of the page you're looking at) takes you back to the website home page.  I think this is a DNS issue from our "home" page being the forum for so long and we just need to wait a bit for the fixed page to propagate through the system.  If it's not fixed next weekend, I'll take another look.

• Update on Home/Forum issue.  Tested fixed on Brave and Firefox.  Chrome still not fixed.  Different browsers having different results tells me this is a DNS issue and should be fixed by next weekend.  If not, I'll take another look then.   Thumbs Up

Check back next week to see what else is fixed.

Feel free to make suggestions here if I've forgotten anything else.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:05pm by Oxnate »  

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

IronGoober
Funditor

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #8 - Feb 20th, 2021 at 11:06pm

Holy moly. It's been so long since I've seen the site, I forgot what was there!  Great job, sir! I think there will be great things to come. It will also be nice to reminisce through the old articles...

John R.

IP Logged

Kick
Slinging.org Moderator

Finland
Reply #9 - Feb 21st, 2021 at 4:26am

Amazing! Raised from the dead!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
“Morphy uses Crabunition, it is very effective!”

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #10 - Feb 21st, 2021 at 12:25pm

well never really dead - hell it never actually went anywhere.

Just beyond my meagre web skills to put back Smiley

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #11 - Feb 21st, 2021 at 3:37pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Feb 21st, 2021 at 12:25pm:
well never really dead - hell it never actually went anywhere.

Just beyond my meagre web skills to put back Smiley

Technically, it's beyond my skills to put back either.  I just re-created something that looks similar, but using simpler tools.

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #12 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 6:13pm

Okay, I need some help.

Almost all of the external sites we had listed are broken.  Either moved or no longer exist.

I was able to find Nikolas Lloyd's new website and those are now fixed and listed.  Anyone else know any other sites dedicated to slinging?

Maybe I'll add a place for You Tube channels too?

I know we've got a couple people here with channels, so go ahead and suggest your own channels here.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #13 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 8:29pm

Can you link to the archive.org versions?

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

IronGoober
Funditor

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #14 - Feb 26th, 2021 at 9:37pm

@Oxnate, I have a playlist that just links a single video on a few dozen channels that have some slinging content (some have other stuff too)

It might be more work to put the channels together, but it's a start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4St2RFI0BM&list=PL-Yrpx5u7UyiO5c7k4PJly5EIUw5mk...

John R.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print