Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24
Send Topic Print
Update on my move/ log cabin build. (Read 48102 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Update on my move/ log cabin build.
Reply #255 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 4:14pm

Aim for the eyes.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #256 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 4:50pm

When i moved up here, i had some family in NJ send me up with all thier firearms, so i can use em, without spending a penny i aquired 8 firearms. The shotgun was my 1st ever firearm purchase, but i do have a 38 special revolver thats been in the family  for at least 65 years, i have a few packed away from when i moved and still haven't  gone through my storage to actually get em out. But a list of what i got is.but most i havent even shot yet.

1911 45cal handgun military issue from my dad
22 single shot relover trapper gun
257 roberts rifle
38 special  revolver
32 revolver
22 rifle
1 or 2 more revolvers, but they were found in a damaged house, flooded. So not sure if they actually work.
50 cal Beowulf AR.

I do have about 30lbs of lead ingots i need to melt down for glandes or reloading ammo.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #257 - Sep 5th, 2020 at 9:06am

Here is a video that was requested by nieces and nephews.  We have a m9use problem jnside our tiny house, and in our vehicle,  so i been catching mice. I feed the mice to our flock, the turkeys and chickens will eat em. My little dinosaur flock, are not the lowest on the food chain.

https://youtu.be/bvITU7Oy-kM

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #258 - Sep 5th, 2020 at 10:21am

That's funny.  That spill at 1:42 was hilarious!  Grin

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #259 - Sep 5th, 2020 at 11:59am

It was, lol. They are so comical sometimes its better then tv, and he still didnt drop it. Maybe it will be a viral moment of 2020.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #260 - Sep 5th, 2020 at 3:30pm

It was when my family got three chickens and I actually really got to watch them up close that it became so clear that they really are dinosaurs. They would go for mice and frogs and strut around. Didn't take much of a leap to imagine them bigger with sharp teeth Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #261 - Sep 5th, 2020 at 7:22pm

I bet, we have learned from owning our own flock,  they are addicting, we have a huge flock.plus the entertainment factor of watching them.  We thought about making dinosaur costumes for them to walk around with. Lo.l

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #262 - Sep 6th, 2020 at 3:33am

Have you seen the experiments where they gave chickens long dinosaur tails? End up looking just like velociraptors Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMmgnpcaKyM

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #263 - Sep 6th, 2020 at 6:52am

That was hilarious.  I was expecting more inline with costumes.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #264 - Sep 6th, 2020 at 1:07pm

I was expecting some sort of mutant chicken with a giant dinosaur tail.  Me being me, of course, I was wondering what the tail meat would taste like.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #265 - Sep 7th, 2020 at 2:07pm

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #266 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 1:37pm

Here is a story  that just happened a few days ago, In regards to my chickens.

So about 2 weeks ago i got really sick. Not the coronavirus,  some kind of stomach bug. Didnt eat for 3 days, anything i tried to eat or drink came back up. I am still recovering from it. Every couple of days i have been puking, not sure why. But will be checking it out with a dr soon. Anyway, so i was out cutting some firewood, got sick, (doesnt help my ducks started following me around and cleaning it up like dogs) lol. So i go inside to brush my teeth,  come outside to brush, since i live in a tiny home i try to spend as much time outside.  Well we have a sick turkey in our flock, while brushing,  i went to the coop to check on him. Well we have some young chicks running around,  about 6 months of age. 1 was in front of me, as i walked towards it, it freaked out really bad and started running. (Like something was chasing it) i look up and flying towards it within about 8 feet from it, and about 5feet from me. I didnt hear anything, and barely saw it, was this big Horned Owl, this was around 3pm, so still relatively light out. I yelled it turned away, flew about 20feet from me, (right past me forge) .then did a 180° turn, and came towards me, as i was yelling.  Then within about 5 feet coming towards me, it decided to turn and fly away. My first thoughts were for some reason i was gonna need to defend myself and punch an owl, then 2nd was catch it and possibly turn it into a pet. Lol. Iam just glad i was in the right place at the right time. But it took a bit for me to calm down, and the flock as well. It was amazing to see nature so close.  Unfortunately we have a huge hawk and falcon problem.  The bald eagles mostly leave us alone, and the dogs keep the coyotes away. But WOW.

I apologize for this being long winded

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #267 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 2:08pm

Can't blame you for being worked up these aren't for back scratches. If an owl that size swooped towards me I'm going to grab it and drop kick it with  no remorse.  Cheesy

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #268 - Nov 20th, 2020 at 3:30pm

Yikes,  those are huge. I unfortunately didnt get an opportunity to see his.  But glad to see i am not the only one who would punch an owl. Lol. But i have been looking up falconry,  but definitely dnt hsve the time to do something like that. Unless its the SHTF senerio, i WILL catch one and ride though my area with either an owl, hawk or falcon.  Grin.

Fun fact is larger owls do eat smaller hawks and falcons. I didnt know that. Owls also deter hawks. That why  people have statues of owls. Something i just recently learned

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #269 - Nov 21st, 2020 at 8:34am

Here in Finland, the largest owl is the Great Northern owl. One time I was at the summer cottage and just as I opened the back door, I looked dead ahead. Directly in front of the door was a tree and because the tree was on a lower level, one of the lowest large branches was directly at eye-level with the door. Sat on the branch was this massive grey owl. It looked at me, looked to the right and then took off in that direction. Completely silently. Such a huge bird moving without a single sound was really disconcerting. I can see very clearly why owls were often thought in prehistory to be supernatural or ghostly.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Curious Aardvark)