Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24
Send Topic Print
Update on my move/ log cabin build. (Read 48115 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Update on my move/ log cabin build.
Reply #240 - Jun 19th, 2020 at 3:40pm

Quote:
the lp

long player ?
noidea

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

walter
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #241 - Jun 19th, 2020 at 6:56pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Jun 19th, 2020 at 3:40pm:
Quote:
the lp

long player ?
noidea

LOL pretty close, but to her it means life partner.

Perseverence furthers

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #242 - Jun 19th, 2020 at 7:16pm

I think its a US thing.lol

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #243 - Aug 10th, 2020 at 7:47pm

Here is ine of our turkeys yesterday,  it was so hot he decided to sit and relax is the kiddie pool for the flock
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2020 at 7:34pm by Rat Man »  

Turkey.jpg (292 KB | 19 )
Turkey.jpg
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #244 - Aug 11th, 2020 at 7:34pm

Smart turkey!

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #245 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 7:05pm

Here is the newest toy. A stevens 320 20 guage pump shotgun. Its a farm gun for all around hunting, and defense from 2 to 4 legged creatures. Its something my gf can shoot if need be. Yes those are the turkeys i pardoned last year. Full grown, they are my shadows. But i did warn them if they were gonna be jerks, i would put em on the table lo.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #246 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 11:07am

For home defense a shotgun is the best weapon IMO.  It's wide pattern makes it better for night use than a rifle or pistol.  Plus that big barrel is intimidating.  A 20 gauge is a good general size and as you said, she can shoot it.  It's just Mike and I here so we have a 12 guage pump.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #247 - Aug 27th, 2020 at 5:03pm

We love it, my gf has put more rounds through it then i have. If i didnt have her here, i would have gotten the 12. Guage, which in the future i will pick one up. But she loves it, at first she was scared from people telling her about recoil, but i had her put about 20 rounds through it and now she is comfortable handling it. It sits on top of the 22 rifle, in the corner, but we also have a 45 cal 1911 military issue semi handgun that sits on the table or she carries around the property due to some weird people that have been around, but mostly its to scare the hawks and  other woldlife looking to eat the flock. The click from the pump is enough to scare people i love it.

The firearm itself was $150, at Walmart, ammo is $22  for 100 rounds, so i will be shootimg it alot for targets.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #248 - Aug 28th, 2020 at 6:35pm

I bought a 20ga over-under for skeet shooting several years ago. I opted for the 20ga because of my wife, but when I shot a friend’s 12ga of the same model... it had less kick because it was significantly heavier!  I love my little shotgun, but I probably should’ve bought the 12.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #249 - Aug 29th, 2020 at 11:10am

We are going  to invest in another which will be 12 gauge,  itsjust gonna be a matter of time. With my gf using this one, she was scared of it, but we did some target shooting, abd she is more comfortable with it now, towhere i think i csn upgrade  to the 12 with no problem.

IP Logged

Rat Man

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #250 - Aug 29th, 2020 at 1:28pm

vetryan15 wrote on Aug 27th, 2020 at 5:03pm:
We love it, my gf has put more rounds through it then i have. If i didnt have her here, i would have gotten the 12. Guage, which in the future i will pick one up. But she loves it, at first she was scared from people telling her about recoil, but i had her put about 20 rounds through it and now she is comfortable handling it. It sits on top of the 22 rifle, in the corner, but we also have a 45 cal 1911 military issue semi handgun that sits on the table or she carries around the property due to some weird people that have been around, but mostly its to scare the hawks and  other woldlife looking to eat the flock. The click from the pump is enough to scare people i love it.

The firearm itself was $150, at Walmart, ammo is $22  for 100 rounds, so i will be shootimg it alot for targets.

The M-1911 is what I carried as an MP.  If I was going to have just one pistol that would be it.  To me it's perfect.  Smooth as silk, rugged, dependable, and hits like a truck.

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #251 - Aug 29th, 2020 at 5:11pm

It is fantastic,  i love the one i got, its also over 30years ol. Its got a full steel body. Its definitely a peacekeeper. Lol. I built a target, way back in the property.  We go shooting, and if i am having a bad day. Shooting it makes me feel better.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #252 - Aug 29th, 2020 at 9:55pm

vetryan15 wrote on Aug 29th, 2020 at 11:10am:
We are going  to invest in another which will be 12 gauge,  itsjust gonna be a matter of time. With my gf using this one, she was scared of it, but we did some target shooting, abd she is more comfortable with it now, towhere i think i csn upgrade  to the 12 with no problem. 

Before sending it off with a friend, one of my favorite shotguns was a $99 Hatfield single shot break-barrel from Walmart. I cut my barrel down to a still-legal 20”, added a fiber optic sight, and after a little bit of dremel work, I got it to fold in half. It was a great pack gun. One of the best features is that you can use barrel inserts to shoot 12 ga, .22, .410, and a variety of pistol rounds from one gun.  My favorite are the 9” rifled inserts from Short Lane.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #253 - Aug 30th, 2020 at 10:19am

We have that exact one at our local Walmart. But the issue was the single shot.  We  got big bears, and moose everywhere here. So i wanted something with 5 rounds, just in case some wildlife isnt deterred with the ssingle shot. I would like to add a breakdown firearm to my BOB.. since this is my 1st shotgun, i am still learning alot of information about in regards to,  modifying,  choke, and the inserts you talk about.  Coming from NJ, a no gun state, to here where i can open carry is a total culture shock, but one od the reasons i moved up here

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #254 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 8:02am

Well... welcome to the addiction!  In your situation, I might save up for a .357 revolver as the next acquisition. Something like a Ruger GP-100 with a 6” barrel is a perfect wilderness sidearm. You can comfortably shoot .38 special ammo all day for target practice, but it packs a serious punch with .357 ammo if you don’t have any razor glandes handy to deal with a bear problem.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 24
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner)