Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Make me a trade (Read 6240 times)
Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Make me a trade
Mar 17th, 2018 at 6:09pm

It’s a coaster.
It’s hand carved and tooled leather. Has a few good coats of acrylic sealant so it should look good for a long time.
Cheers
« Last Edit: Mar 18th, 2018 at 1:43pm by Curious Aardvark »  

coaster_538x600.jpg (92 KB | 112 )
coaster_538x600.jpg

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: Make me a trade
Reply #1 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 6:11pm

Let me know if the second image came in any smaller plz

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #2 - Mar 17th, 2018 at 7:41pm

I don't think it came in smaller.  That's an awesome coaster. I was actually gonna reach out to u on instagram.  In regards to a trade, when I got up to Maine.  I actually have an extra copy of  'Andean sling braids' book. If u were interested.  Brand new,  mix up on a recent Amazon order I had made.
Ryan

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 12:03am

Is that the Roderick Owen book from the 80/90’s? If so I already own a copy. Great book

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 7:09am

It's actually has a  2016. Copyright.  By Roderick Owen, and Terry Flynn.  I will send u a pic through instagram.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 1:44pm

resized Smiley
Also cropped a bit so you don't lose any details.
file is around 20x smaller than original.

Like the stitching. Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 5:16pm

nice work....did u use a stitch awl? ...i like the image, is it stamped?  i've been looking for something to put on the front of the slinging ammo bag i am making, so far the turkey foot track is leading the options, but that is pretty neat design u have going there.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2018 at 9:50pm

Thanks CA! I uploaded from my phone a couple different ways hoping it might turn out.
RS- it’s hand carved and tooled right into the leather. As for the sewing, I have a sewing machine for my leatherwork and try and avoid hand sewing whenever possible hahaha!
The tooling only works on veg tan leather. Not sure what you’re working with but you could just paint it on with acrylic paint or even leather dye and save yourself the heartache and labor.....
The image is from catal huyuk and is the earliest cave painting of a slinger.
Can’t remember how old the image is but but I’m sure someone on here knows

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #8 - Mar 19th, 2018 at 7:46am

On the phone I use: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobilephotoresizer&hl=en
_GB

lets you easily crop and resize.
If you've got an apple phone - you're on your own ! lol

Catal hyuk image is somewhere between 7-9000 years old.
They might have narrowed it down a little more by now.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #9 - Mar 22nd, 2018 at 5:43pm

u still got it?  what do u want for it?  a pound of some fine homemade blackpowder?(not sure of the shipping laws on that where u live)...a dead chicken? a pic of me?  what do u want for it?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #10 - Mar 23rd, 2018 at 9:38am

lmao - shipping laws for a lb of black powder, in the current climate: don't.

You hand grind ? tumble ? or another method.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #11 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 7:01am

RS wrote on Mar 22nd, 2018 at 5:43pm:
u still got it?  what do u want for it?  a pound of some fine homemade blackpowder?(not sure of the shipping laws on that where u live)...a dead chicken? a pic of me?  what do u want for it?

Hahaha excellent choices
I’m not into guns so the black powered isn’t my cup of tea.
PM me if you have anything else you’d be able to trade:)

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #12 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 5:19pm

ah so the dead chicken was not a temptation for you, eh....well that is only because u do not know what it entails.  but none the less, we will remove that offer as i do not know how to ship it anyway.  but a dead chicken is what we refer to as wild turkey.  it involves, killing, filleting the breast, removing another part, smearing breast in proper juices of other part and searing the meat in less than twenty minutes after death...then slow cooking.  after that it is good for a while.  it is magic food.

but let me think on this, we will see if we wish to step further into an offer of something else on it.  to be honest i was totally into it when i thought it was an original...but when u admitted to just copying someone else's artwork, man....idk, it just seems different now.  and i would gander u won't even give him any royalties from the trade either....
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2018 at 6:58pm by RS »  

IP Logged

RS
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #13 - Mar 26th, 2018 at 7:38pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on Mar 23rd, 2018 at 9:38am:
You hand grind ? tumble ? or another method.

i have tried both and now only hand grind.  i make my own charcoal out of apple(2nd best, imo), because plum wood is hard for me to find.   i use the jar method.  a mixed ration by volume of 100/18/16.  (VOLUME NOT WEIGHT) or 100/24/0 to 100/32/0(depending on what it is for)..also 100/20/14.5 (again all these by volume not weight)... placing green meal into a mason jar, with alcohol and h2o(50/50 alcohol/h2o mix)...at between a ten to twenty parts meal to one part liquid ration; ...exactness is not too important just do not over saturate it....seal it with a lid, let it sit up side down for four day then turn it right side up for four more days... compress any liquid(if any at all it should not be much) out of it that can be removed, granulate with screen mesh, let sit for a day or two but then straight into paper bags for a week,(there is a process to that too, which i will skip for now) then let air dry for a week or two.....after that it eventually tops out but it seems like the longer it sits, the better it gets.

just how i make it...Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2018 at 9:42pm by RS »  

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #14 - Mar 27th, 2018 at 3:34pm

Kind of involved - but if it works, it works Smiley
Back in the old days, used to mix with acetone and grind till it was a dry powder.
Good stuff.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar)