Send Topic Print
Wooden needles (Read 5529 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Wooden needles
Reply #15 - May 19th, 2020 at 3:21pm

Curious Aardvark wrote on May 19th, 2020 at 12:26pm:
very cool - that whetstone pouch would probably fitmy gerber (which has both metal and diamond files, so technically is also a whetstone).

I am particularly happy with how it turned out. I used a thicker stitch than I usually use to protect it a little from bouncing around against the knife sheath and it came out the perfect thickness to protect it without being too bulky. The shades of grey I really like as well and have used them a lot with a few different things.

Curious Aardvark wrote on May 19th, 2020 at 12:26pm:
Nice job

Thanks!

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Loki
Descens

One with the sling I am

Clovis, Ca.
Reply #16 - May 23rd, 2020 at 1:17pm

Would it be possible to get a 6 inch needle made? If so i can do custom specs on a sling for ya. The wooden needle i have from you already have is good but i would like the longer for some hemp weaving projects.

Loki  
IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #17 - May 23rd, 2020 at 1:26pm

That should be possible. I don't have one already made, but I have a lot of time off at the moment so it won't be a problem Cheesy

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #18 - May 24th, 2020 at 8:04am

Didn't take long at all Cheesy Ended up being pretty much exactly 17cm so 6.7 inches about. I can make needles of basically any size and really anyone can. They aren't too hard to make if you have a penknife and a scrap of sandpaper.

IP Logged

Loki
Descens

One with the sling I am

Clovis, Ca.
Reply #19 - May 24th, 2020 at 10:06pm

Perfect

Loki  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Curious Aardvark, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus)