Send Topic Print
What is your IQ? (Read 5022 times)
Loki
Descens

One with the sling I am

Clovis, Ca.
What is your IQ?
Oct 22nd, 2017 at 1:30pm

As it asks, what is your IQ? Mine is 137. If I was lying it would have been much higher lol

Loki  
IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: What is your IQ?
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 2:12pm

What is the minimum needed to chew food? Im hovering right around there.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #2 - Oct 22nd, 2017 at 3:42pm

No idea Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 5:42am

I know my I.Q. but I don't pay much attention to it. It's just a number. You can be a very smart person and still be ignorant. It's also about opportunity, drive and willingness to put your intelligence to use.  I'm sure the world is full of geniuses who simply don't have the opportunity to use their intelligence.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 3:47pm

slingbadger wrote on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 5:42am:
I know my I.Q. but I don't pay much attention to it. It's just a number. You can be a very smart person and still be ignorant. It's also about opportunity, drive and willingness to put your intelligence to use.  I'm sure the world is full of geniuses who simply don't have the opportunity to use their intelligence.

Agree. Thats what I tell myself every night as I cry myself to sleep.

Ok, all joking aside. I do agree for all the reasons stated. But, while indvidually its never a sure sign, average IQ of entire nations is a very interesting topic indeed. Though like politics and religion its probably not something you want to bring up in civilized conversation, unless like myself, you are barely civilized to begin with.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 4:13pm

The thing about iq tests is that you can learn to pass them.

One of the highest results ever recorded turned out to be by the son of one of the people who actually designed the tests.
He wasn't a genius, just played with the tests a lot.

I did do a test when i was at college. Then discovered that mensa wanted over £100 to mark, what was essentially a tick test.
Came to the conclusion that the real test was: are you stupid and vain enough to pay this kind of money ?
Turned out I was too intelligent to join mensa after all whistle

I see it as their loss  dancing banana

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #6 - Oct 23rd, 2017 at 8:32pm

I am pretty sure that what I am now is not as high as when I was tested years ago.  I actually have TBI due to a misspent youth. 

But I did have a lot of fun.   Grin

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Reply #7 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 1:35pm

I used to take internet IQ tests in school with some of my classmates but iq never taken a real test.
I also believe more and more that it's less about how much you know and rather how actively you think in the moment. Does that make sense?

IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Reply #8 - Oct 24th, 2017 at 6:02pm

Iwhat? Was there a new development by the second-hand fruit company?  Wink

Honestly, I have never taken an IQ test, but plenty of other tests, where I came to the conclusion that I do good enough. And that's what matters from my perspective Wink. I rather work with someone who is not that a genius but motivated than the other way around. Nevertheless, if I can get both, I'll take both  Smiley.

But as of now, I'm IQnorant.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #9 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 8:45am

I've never taken a real one. The internet ones say it's pretty good but we all know better than to trust the internet.

Mensa will accept SAT (college entrance exam in the states) from certain years. Those were more IQ than knowledge for a while.

In the last.... God, 8 years I've been in grad school. I've learned how little I know and how little Academics know. There are some who make me look like a dribbling nincompoop with next to no knowledge. Most don't. Most are what I'd describe as "normal" intelligence and knowledge base. Turns out "smart" people are just as political and "hold it together with spit and bailing wire" as the rest of the world.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #10 - Oct 25th, 2017 at 8:53pm

I'm 53 and havperpetualstudent wrote on Oct 25th, 2017 at 8:45am:
I've never taken a real one. The internet ones say it's pretty good but we all know better than to trust the internet.

Mensa will accept SAT (college entrance exam in the states) from certain years. Those were more IQ than knowledge for a while.

In the last.... God, 8 years I've been in grad school. I've learned how little I know and how little Academics know. There are some who make me look like a dribbling nincompoop with next to no knowledge. Most don't. Most are what I'd describe as "normal" intelligence and knowledge base. Turns out "smart" people are just as political and "hold it together with spit and bailing wire" as the rest of the world.

I'm 53 and have been learning all my life, and I still have this problem. I've noticed though a lot of people who are considered geniuses have no common sense. They can't relate to things outside their scope of knowledge.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #11 - Nov 1st, 2017 at 1:39pm

Prior to way too much partying and a very stubborn, destructive case of Lyme Disease my IQ was 135.  These days who knows.  I'm sure I lost at least a few points along the way.

IP Logged

Jabames
Interfector Viris Spurii

:3

Alaska
Reply #12 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 6:38pm

110 more or less,  just above average  Cheesy

IP Logged

Jabames
Interfector Viris Spurii

:3

Alaska
Reply #13 - Nov 20th, 2017 at 6:41pm

I rely on myers briggs more than IQ,  personality type etc.  like for instance I'm an INTJ.  That tells me I'm good at strategy and some leadership.  This to me is more reliable than the Intelligence Quotient bc it tells me more about myself than some number Cheesy.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #14 - Nov 26th, 2017 at 8:09am

We've discussed this before, JaBames. It's very likely that your IQ is higher than what the test revealed due to built in cultural biases. This is just one of the ways these tests are inaccurate and should be taken with a grain of salt.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, David Morningstar, Chris, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)