Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
Sling as main survival weapon (Read 15264 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Sling as main survival weapon
Reply #180 - Nov 27th, 2020 at 2:52pm

On another note, how viable a survival weapon a sling is can depend on where you live.  I have mentioned many times that southern New Jersey is alluvial.  During the last Ice Age the glaciers made it only as far south as north and central New Jersey.  As the glaciers retreated much of this area was under water. Consequently there are many perfect, oval shaped white river stones all over the place.  They make very accurate projectiles.  The sling would be a much more useful survival tool here than in the mountains where there's nothing but broken shale to sling. 
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2020 at 9:00pm by Rat Man »  

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Re: Sling as main survival weapon
Reply #181 - Nov 29th, 2020 at 9:01pm

Rat Man wrote on Nov 27th, 2020 at 2:52pm:
   On another note, how viable a survival weapon a sling is can depend on where you live.  I have mentioned many times that southern New Jersey is alluvial.  During the last Ice Age the glaciers made it only as far south as north and central New Jersey.  As the glaciers retreated much of this area was under water. Consequently there are many perfect, oval shaped white river stones all over the place.  They make very accurate projectiles.  The sling would be a much more useful survival tool here than in the mountains where there's nothing but broken shale to sling. 

I agree that makes a huge difference.
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2020 at 9:01pm by Rat Man »  

"I think this guy is the king of trolls of the forum, he waited 16 years just to say this. please pay your respects in an orderly fashion."-Sarosh

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Kick, Rat Man, Chris, Morphy, Curious Aardvark)