Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print
Sling as main survival weapon (Read 29283 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Sling as main survival weapon
Reply #135 - Jul 20th, 2020 at 11:05am

That's great, NOC.  All we need is a volunteer to try it.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #136 - Jul 20th, 2020 at 11:54am

ok... I put it up on Amazon, then I realized it is only available for print-on-demand in the US and UK.  Since Mersa wanted one, I threw it up on Redbubble.com too so he can get them in Australia.  Apparently redbubble lets you print it on anything from a shirt, to a mug, to a bath mat?!
I really just wanted this as a shirt for myself, but if anyone else wants a shirt (or a Razor Glande throw pillow?  COVID-19 face mask???) here are the print-on-demand links:

https://www.redbubble.com/shop/ap/52933365?ref=studio-promote

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DB6YPSS

« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2020 at 2:10pm by NooneOfConsequence »  

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #137 - Jul 20th, 2020 at 2:13pm

... and no, I didn’t hire models. Apparently redbubble.com has a method of transferring the 2D image onto a stock model photo in a fairly realistic way. Probably using convolutional neural nets, but I’m not sure. Pretty cool trick though.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #138 - Jul 20th, 2020 at 4:41pm

I'm out of the loop, can someone please link the appropriate thread so I can feel included again?

John R.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #139 - Jul 20th, 2020 at 9:51pm

IronGoober wrote on Jul 20th, 2020 at 4:41pm:
I'm out of the loop, can someone please link the appropriate thread so I can feel included again?

Ha!  Yeah it’s a little bit difficult to follow. This thread is where RS invented the turkey style throw. That launched a conversation about the other tall tales RS told, including razor glandes in the eye. RS mentioned hunting bears with turkey style, which, combined with razor glandes sounded like an awesome t-shirt, so I threw some artwork together and uploaded it to print-on-demand services so anyone who wants a shirt can order one. Mersa said he would be my model if I had a shirt made, but it looks like redbubble used AI (deep convolutional neural networks) to virtually place my art on a shirt on a real t-shirt model!  So that’s it. You are now up to speed Grin

If you want a Razor Glande t-shirt, you can order one from Amazon or Redbubble. I ordered one this morning from Amazon, and it’ll be here in two days. I will post photos when it arrives.  I’ve never used redbubble.com for print-on-demand before, so I have no idea how good they are, but since Mersa is in Australia and I can’t set up Amazon POD there... it was my best option for getting a shirt to Mersa if he wants one.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #140 - Jul 21st, 2020 at 3:50am

I’ll add it to my “to buy” list

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #141 - Jul 21st, 2020 at 9:46am

My photoshop king fu may be weak but I could see this being pretty fun. Might have to make up a shirt or two to add to the collection.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #142 - Jul 21st, 2020 at 1:09pm

I, for one, am definitely having fun with it. Amazon’s turnaround was super fast! I can’t believe that you can go from idea to printed t-shirt in less than 48 hours!
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2021 at 12:15pm by NooneOfConsequence »  

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #143 - Jul 21st, 2020 at 5:48pm

Dang, talk about the ultimate inside joke t-shirt! That is a sight to behold, I love it!

2 days is impressive. I'll have to consider this for future use.

John R.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #144 - Jul 21st, 2020 at 8:44pm

IronGoober wrote on Jul 21st, 2020 at 5:48pm:
Dang, talk about the ultimate inside joke t-shirt! That is a sight to behold, I love it!

2 days is impressive. I'll have to consider this for future use.

I will have to try Redbubble to see if they can be that fast and to compare quality.  Amazon’s shirts are top notch, and the turnaround was amazing. The downside to Amazon is that you need to already have a seller’s account to have t-shirts made that fast.

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #145 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 12:39pm

That is an awesome tee shirt.  Does it come in any color other than black.  With two shedding Huskies (if you've never been there you can't imagine) I avoid black clothing like the plague.

IP Logged

Waxwing_Sling
Tiro

Progress, not perfection.

Central Minnesota, USA
Reply #146 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 1:44pm

Outstanding! This is going in my amazon buy list. I wasn't even here for the original joke, but I still love it.

There is definitely a dearth of sling humor related products on the market.

May you be safe, be happy, be healthy, and live with ease.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #147 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 10:19pm

Rat Man wrote on Jul 22nd, 2020 at 12:39pm:
   That is an awesome tee shirt.  Does it come in any color other than black.  With two shedding Huskies (if you've never been there you can't imagine) I avoid black clothing like the plague.

Amazon limits your color choices, but I can add another color if you want something else. Is there a specific color you prefer?  here are the options:

colors.jpg (19 KB | 22 )
colors.jpg

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #148 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 10:32pm

Waxwing_Sling wrote on Jul 22nd, 2020 at 1:44pm:
Outstanding! This is going in my amazon buy list. I wasn't even here for the original joke, but I still love it.

There is definitely a dearth of sling humor related products on the market.

Well, between the t-shirt and the Youtube videos I've produced in the last couple of days... I may have hit my creativity quota for the year, but if Mersa gives me any more brilliant t-shirt ideas, I'll be happy to try again Grin

If you have any ideas or requests for another humorous sling-themed shirt Waxwing, I'd be happy to try my hand at another one.  We few slingers around the world definitely need to advertise our hobby more, and making people laugh is a great way to spread the word.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #149 - Jul 22nd, 2020 at 10:50pm

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Jul 22nd, 2020 at 10:19pm:
Rat Man wrote on Jul 22nd, 2020 at 12:39pm:

Amazon limits your color choices, but I can add another color if you want something else. Is there a specific color you prefer?  here are the options:

...actually it looks like you can already pick from a bunch of color options on Redbubble without me having to change anything.  Here's the direct link for a t-shirt on Redbubble:

https://www.redbubble.com/i/t-shirt/Razor-Glandes-Aim-for-the-Eyes-by-tacpar/529...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: vetryan15, Kick, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Morphy, Chris, joe_meadmaker)