Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Re: Online challenge
Reply #690 - Sep 25th, 2021 at 1:44am

The bounce shot.  Love it man!

I do need to ask,

Mersa wrote on Sep 15th, 2021 at 6:54pm:
I actually was playing around and caught a tennis ball in a closed sling

can you elaborate on this?  I'm curious what happened.

In my video highlighting a cupped pouch (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z17OLpWALhk), I dropped the projectile into the sling to load it.  But this is pretty simple (assuming a cupped pouch).  So I'm curious what specifically happened that you couldn't duplicate it.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #691 - Sep 25th, 2021 at 10:17pm

I was bouncing balls and swung the sling and it caught the ball . Wasn’t able to do it again

I’m not sure I saw that video before . Very cool

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #692 - Dec 31st, 2021 at 6:23pm

Happy new year everyone!!!

So I’m resurrecting this thread.
2022 I’m planning on a few trickshots , lots of practice and maybe even a few slinging goals ticked off the list.

We have regular challenges in place for Easter and Halloween
The can challenge is still on my mind .
And I’m really wanting to get out rabbit hunting again.

So what online challenges do you wanna see/do this year??

I have a few ideas but wanna hear what everyone else has to say

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #693 - Jan 1st, 2022 at 2:47pm

I had a challenge in mind but im wondering if it might be a bit too difficult. Ill have to think about it a little more before posting. 

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #694 - Jan 5th, 2022 at 7:58pm

Morphy wrote on Jan 1st, 2022 at 2:47pm:
I had a challenge in mind but im wondering if it might be a bit too difficult. Ill have to think about it a little more before posting. 

Well… that’s a tease

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #695 - Jan 15th, 2022 at 10:51am

Well, not much really. I probably mentioned it to you guys off slinging.org but it requires 6 dianas and Im not sure thats terribly feasible for most people. Even if its just cardboard cut outs.

Right now Ive started working on the 1 minute can challenge so Ive got something to keep me occupied.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #696 - Jan 15th, 2022 at 10:36pm

Morphy wrote on Jan 15th, 2022 at 10:51am:
it requires 6 dianas and Im not sure thats terribly feasible for most people

Come now, sir.  Any challenge can be stepped down.  The Online Challenge topic hasn't had anything for some time.  We don't need anything crazy difficult.  What we really need to get going is a warmup (or two) for the egg challenge in a few months.

Give us something fun.  Like two dianas in a set of five, using watermelons as projectiles...ummm...forget that.  Wink

I do have something in mind (without watermelons).  It should be doable for anyone that has a place to target sling.  Distance isn't really that important (although at least 10m would be good).  I'll post it Monday if there aren't any other suggestions before then.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #697 - Jan 16th, 2022 at 12:38pm

So I call this The Gauntlet. It's done at 13 meters for people like me who can only hit targets at kids distances.

Pretty simple Joe. Imagine a clock face. You have 1 diana in the center. #1 is at 7, #2 at 10, #3 at 2 #4 at 5 and #5 at 12.

Basically the idea is you get 30 total shots to try and "run the gauntlet". You hit center which is called home base. Then you hit #1, then you hit home base again then #2 and back to home base then #3 and so on. Alternating home base between each shot all the way to #5.

The dianas must be at least 4 feet away from each other and ideally 6-8 feet but it can be set up in a more of a square or rectangle if that makes it easier and the 12 o clock one can be a little lower if thats easier.

So the purpose of this is to train 3 different things at once. 1- Static accuracy. Which is why you must always hit the home base in between each shot. Home base is set at normal diana level to train for the balearic competition.  2- Changing angles, the changing of angles from one shot to the next adds a different level of difficultly. 3- Mental focus- 10 shots in a row on not only a diana but different dianas at different angles is quite difficult. 

Scores are based on first how far you make it without missing.

If you make it all the way next its how many shots it took you.

If you made it all the way in a perfect 10 shots its time based. You get a maximum of 2 minutes total to do the challenge. Lowest time wins.

And thats pretty much it. For the diana it could be simple. Carpet or cardboard cutouts. Hang them on a chain link fence or netting. Shouldnt be crazy hard to set up. So...yup! That would be it.  Wink

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #698 - Jan 16th, 2022 at 3:35pm

I love that idea!  In my area we've got a storm coming in right now that's supposed to dump about a foot of snow on us.  So I'm not sure when I'll be able to do it.  But I'm definitely going to set this up.

Probably won't be able to do it, but I'll set it up.  Grin

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #699 - Jan 16th, 2022 at 4:44pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Jan 16th, 2022 at 3:35pm:
Probably won't be able to do it, but I'll set it up.  Grin

Shoot you and me both!!  Grin

Im glad you like it. If I see yours Ill probably be peer pressured into trying it as well. I just started really getting into the can challenge as well but I have room in my heart for two challenges.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #700 - Jan 17th, 2022 at 1:39am

I’ll be attempting a bounce reload aerial hit next , it’s super hard d but maybe a bouncier ball might help give me time .

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #701 - Jan 26th, 2022 at 3:08am

https://youtu.be/hbqR9ezD32s

One I haven’t attempted in a while got done today

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #702 - Jan 26th, 2022 at 10:10am

Awesome hit man!  A definite step up in difficulty for the two target challenge.

Question on that bounce hit attempt.  Is that just a board you're throwing the ball into?  Curious if you have it setup any special way.

If it wouldn't cost fortune, I'd send you the pitch-back net I have.  I've only used it once since I did the shield video with it.  Ice balls are just a little bit smaller than a baseball, so they can sneak through the netting.  Especially with a harder throw.  I keep thinking about attaching a piece of cloth or something on the back so that can't happen, but I don't know if I'll ever actually do it.  It would probably work great with a tennis ball though.

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #703 - Jan 26th, 2022 at 5:06pm

Yeah it’s just a board, I would love to find something harder like a rock or concrete I could use to just give maximum bounce

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #704 - Mar 14th, 2022 at 8:58pm

Posts have usually been done here for the egg challenge, but I started a new topic so it's easy to find everything.

Egg Challenge 2022: https://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1647305749/

Let's go!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: LightSlinger, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini)