Send Topic Print
Online challenge (Read 94488 times)
Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: Online challenge
Reply #555 - Sep 10th, 2020 at 6:11pm

Great video kick, I feel all your pain, the nail challenge was a hard one for sure

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #556 - Sep 11th, 2020 at 1:58am

Thanks! You got some big dents in that wood NOOC. Can't wait to see the video.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #557 - Jan 4th, 2021 at 8:45pm

There hasn't been an online challenge in far too long.  Now that we're in the new year, I think it's time.  No rankings, no prizes, just a sling challenge to try to complete.

I keep trying to think of a challenge that has a speed element to it.  And there's one that keeps coming to mind.  This one will definitely benefit from having a good bit of space, so unfortunately that might limit the participation.  The challenge is this, sling a first projectile up into the air.  Then reload the sling with a second projectile and hit a target before the first one reaches the ground.  This seems simple enough that there could be a high success rate for anyone giving it a try.  But it could easily turn out to be more difficult than it sounds too.  I think it will be a good test of reloading speed.

Anyone interested in giving this a shot?  I'd love to hear other ideas as well.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #558 - Jan 5th, 2021 at 4:35pm

Hmmm... I might be able to do something like that in my little backyard if the first projectile has a parachute.  I could see myself throwing a lot of tennis balls over my fence and into the neighbor's yard while trying this.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #559 - Jan 5th, 2021 at 6:40pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Jan 4th, 2021 at 8:45pm:
There hasn't been an online challenge in far too long.  Now that we're in the new year, I think it's time.  No rankings, no prizes, just a sling challenge to try to complete.

I keep trying to think of a challenge that has a speed element to it.  And there's one that keeps coming to mind.  This one will definitely benefit from having a good bit of space, so unfortunately that might limit the participation.  The challenge is this, sling a first projectile up into the air.  Then reload the sling with a second projectile and hit a target before the first one reaches the ground.  This seems simple enough that there could be a high success rate for anyone giving it a try.  But it could easily turn out to be more difficult than it sounds too.  I think it will be a good test of reloading speed.

Anyone interested in giving this a shot?  I'd love to hear other ideas as well.

I'm in, and by that I mean more in than my trash sling challenge. I have three days off coming up if I can find decent ammo I am always up for posting a video of me not hitting anything.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #560 - Jan 5th, 2021 at 7:59pm

That's good enough for me!  Cheesy

I have one other video that I need to do first.  I actually recorded the video last weekend.  But I forgot to check the battery level on my phone when I started, and unbeknownst to me it stopped about halfway through.  Once that one's done, I'll get on this challenge!

IP Logged

IronGoober
Interfector Viris Spurii

...and now, No. 1, the
larch...

California
Reply #561 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 12:24am

Joe, you set precedent, we will try and follow.  I'm in.

John R.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #562 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 4:38am

Sounds cool. I'm in. I also finally found a good target to throw up and hit midair: a little metal dish that was left in the shared bin shed. Finally I can attempt it. Honestly, that bin has been the best spot to find targets.

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #563 - Jan 6th, 2021 at 1:59pm

Alright!  Looking forward to see what everyone is able to do.

Kick wrote on Jan 6th, 2021 at 4:38am:
I also finally found a good target to throw up and hit midair: a little metal dish that was left in the shared bin shed.

Nice!  After this, maybe it will be time for another aerial challenge.  Smiley

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #564 - Jan 7th, 2021 at 10:25pm

I’m in , I’ve been trying to throw one projectile up in the air , reload then hit it as it’s falling, this is a one up on the current challenge but if I get it I will make sure I post it, I’ve been busy lately and have barely slung so I’m glad this thread is on the move, good challenge joe

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #565 - Jan 8th, 2021 at 6:26am

I did my slinging and video recording yesterday. It was fun but check this out...hold on are you all sitting down?

I didn't hit it.

Trying to throw a small block of wood with your left hand while having a sling ready in your right is surprisingly difficult. Good luck on this one gents.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #566 - Jan 8th, 2021 at 8:24am

I'm thinking if I can't hit this new smaller pan I'm going to have to just get stronger so I can throw the bigger pan...

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #567 - Jan 8th, 2021 at 10:35am

Just so it's clear, the first projectile that is thrown in the air is not the target in this challenge.  The first projectile is only the timer.  Say you pick a car as your target (not for real, just hypothetical).  You need to sling a rock (essentially straight) up in the air.  Then load another rock and hit the car with it before the first rock comes back to the ground.

That said, if you want the first projectile to be the target for the second, that's totally fine.  Not required though.

Glad to see you're in on this one Mersa!  We have a pretty good group going for this one.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #568 - Jan 8th, 2021 at 1:09pm

Morphy wrote on Jan 8th, 2021 at 6:26am:
Trying to throw a small block of wood with your left hand while having a sling ready in your right is surprisingly difficult. Good luck on this one gents.

Just need a cupped pouch my good man.  Smiley

Don't know if you've seen this one: https://youtu.be/Bu1GwW6HpJA.

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #569 - Jan 8th, 2021 at 6:29pm

joe_meadmaker wrote on Jan 8th, 2021 at 1:09pm:
Morphy wrote on Jan 8th, 2021 at 6:26am:

Just need a cupped pouch my good man.  Smiley

Don't know if you've seen this one: https://youtu.be/Bu1GwW6HpJA.

Oh no Joe! Nice try man. I've already been told your overly cupped pouches aren't capable of accuracy. No need to keep posting videos to the contrary, I can keep my eyes closed all day long sir.

See but seriously that right there is a legitimate consideration. This is why when people say "This is the right/the best/the only way, I'm so quick to dismiss it. Maybe that's one of the big benefits of a cupped pouch? Why limit ourselves to one style or idea.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 48
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: LightSlinger, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man, Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini)