Send Topic Print
Online challenge (Read 94478 times)
Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: Online challenge
Reply #375 - Apr 29th, 2020 at 2:16pm

I had a few hours under the belt on the cup attempt and I just couldn’t get it to go in, maybe one day

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Morphy
Slinging.org Moderator

Checkmate

Reply #376 - Apr 30th, 2020 at 3:10pm

Great stuff guys! This thread really should be stickied or placed at the top. It's almost become it's own subforum lol.  Grin

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #377 - May 1st, 2020 at 7:32am

I second getting it stickied. I have yet to try the basketball one but I've had a string of shifts at work. I have the one day off for May Day and then I'm back for a long stretch so I would want to get it done today but I'm also rather liking lounging around eating May Day donuts and other treats (Vappu is serious business in Finland, corona or not) so let's see Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #378 - May 1st, 2020 at 10:41am

Nice longsword collection there Joe. They're on my 'to buy' list when I get my own place. What better to hang over the fireplace!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #379 - May 1st, 2020 at 11:02am

Thanks!  Completely agreed, great to hang over a fireplace.  And everywhere else. Cheesy

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #380 - May 2nd, 2020 at 9:17pm

It’s a thread that’s been going for a while , would be nice if we had a few more competitiors and maybe even some type of leaderboard system, catch The Jaegoor

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #381 - May 7th, 2020 at 9:27am

I've had crazy work shifts so haven't managed to get around to the indoor challenge, but I think I have an entirely new challenge idea. In this video:

https://youtu.be/Yq1N8I4XwtY

Skallagrim discounts the use of a sling as a melee weapon right off the bat and it got me thinking. Could a melee hit with a sling be made into a challenge? Perhaps loading a sling, hitting a target with the sling like it's a flail, not losing the stone (or other ammo) and then slinging at and hitting a further away target? I've not tried this at all and won't be able to get it done today, but I have three days off in a row coming up and I think I might have a go at this Cheesy

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #382 - May 7th, 2020 at 10:35am

So I posted this and was like "Well I could always do the basketball challenge now..." and it didn't take too long Cheesy I wasn't throwing from that far (student flat...) butit still was pretty difficult. Fig. 8 was what changed it for me. I was trying underarm and finding it impossible, but fig. 8 worked really well. It could be argued that it was just brute forcing it's way into the bag, but to those people I say... yeah maybe. Another great challenge Cheesy

https://youtu.be/IMc1R95h4oU

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #383 - May 7th, 2020 at 10:46am

I agree.  I think the dismissal of the sling was a little premature.  If you have a sling with a cupped pouch, you could seat a rock or whatever in it, then tie the cords together around it.  Then you would have your flail and the weight wouldn't fall out.

I like your challenge idea.  If weather permits, I might have a go at that too.

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #384 - May 7th, 2020 at 10:50am

Nice job on the basketball challenge Kick!  It's like your doing the slam dunk from a distance. Cheesy

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #385 - May 7th, 2020 at 10:57am

I actually forgot about the slam dunk until I packed everything away and took the bag down  Roll Eyes But yeah I thought this was enough. I had a long week at work so didn't want to drag myself out to the field but still wanted to do a bit of slinging. This was just perfect Cheesy

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #386 - May 7th, 2020 at 7:27pm

Nice stuff kick, I’ve been enjoying the indoor challenges

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #387 - May 9th, 2020 at 7:40am

I had a quick test go today hitting the metal pan with a stone in the pouch. Every time, the stone came out... As a one shot hit, it would absolutely work, but it's perhaps not a long lasting weapon Cheesy I also tried indoors with a sock ball against a cupboard and I was able to keep it in the pouch and then sling it against the wall so it might just have to be an indoor challenge if stones won't stay in the pouch. More testing required!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #388 - May 9th, 2020 at 11:54am

I should never have doubted Skall Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EfHSNqNg_8

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #389 - May 9th, 2020 at 11:43pm

I saw the new video from Skall as well.  I'm glad he went back to revisit some things.  And also that other people got on his case about it. Cheesy

AND.....

Here is my video on the sling melee hit with a follow up throwing hit.  Oh wow, this was tough.  I actually changed the sling, the balls I was throwing, and the technique I was using before I finally got it.  Very challenging, but a lot of fun.  I had a great time setting things up too.  Hope everyone likes it.

https://youtu.be/vFIQMolDArI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 48
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, LightSlinger, Bill Skinner)