Hmmm.....  Some plastic eggs could likely be used to make some ice eggs. Smiley

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Re: Online challenge
Reply #301 - Feb 12th, 2020 at 8:19pm

Sweet, I’ll move on to the egg challenge soon, I have an idea but I’m not sure if it will work just yet. I’ll need to try to find out.

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #302 - Feb 12th, 2020 at 11:04pm

Right on!  I look forward to seeing what you put together.

At the moment they're predicting a sunny day on Saturday in my area, so I should definitely be able to get my pendulum attempt in.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I making ice balls like crazy! Smiley

Kick, if you want to jump right into the egg challenge too, you're obviously more than welcome to.  Just don't let it interfere with your Mallorca practice. Wink

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #303 - Feb 13th, 2020 at 8:34am

joe_meadmaker wrote on Feb 12th, 2020 at 11:04pm:
Kick, if you want to jump right into the egg challenge too, you're obviously more than welcome to.  Just don't let it interfere with your Mallorca practice.

I'm lucky to get any practice in at all really. The weather has been crap and so my practice area is effectively a large puddle. Add to that I've gotten a lot of shifts that are eating up any time I could be going and slinging anyway. I love winter and I love summer but this in between nonsense is getting tiresome. I would be happier with 3 foot of snow.

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #304 - Feb 15th, 2020 at 10:51pm

I was able to get out for the pendulum challenge.

Here it is: https://youtu.be/Z65CWWAWj7Q

I feel that my accuracy should have been better.  While I was doing it, I felt as though I was doing better than the numbers show at the end.  I think I'm going to give this another go and try a different sling.  In this video I'm using one of my hemp/linen braided slings.  Maybe I'll switch to a good ol' leather pouch and paracord.

I still had a good time with this challenge.  Looking forward to the next one. Smiley

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #305 - Feb 15th, 2020 at 11:42pm

That looks like a lot of fun!  I don’t have a lot of room in my yard, but I may have to try to rig something up anyway. Nice slinging Joe!

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Mersa
Interfector Viris Spurii

Druid

Australia
Reply #306 - Feb 15th, 2020 at 11:51pm

Awesome joe, great slinging!!!
You always impress me with your style and consistency with those ice balls. Did you ever get a chance to use my EDC sling??

I guess we’re moving on to the egg challenge!!

Razor glandes, Aim for the eyes!!!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #307 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 3:01am

joe_meadmaker wrote on Feb 15th, 2020 at 10:51pm:
I was able to get out for the pendulum challenge.

Here it is: https://youtu.be/Z65CWWAWj7Q

I feel that my accuracy should have been better.  While I was doing it, I felt as though I was doing better than the numbers show at the end.  I think I'm going to give this another go and try a different sling.  In this video I'm using one of my hemp/linen braided slings.  Maybe I'll switch to a good ol' leather pouch and paracord.

I still had a good time with this challenge.  Looking forward to the next one. Smiley

Are you kidding? You did amazing! Way better than I would have managed and that hit at 1:50 was sweet. Awesome!

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #308 - Feb 16th, 2020 at 12:28pm

Thanks guys!  I appreciate it.

@Mersa - Speak of the devil.  I did some recording with another sling right after the pendulum challenge.  I just finished editing and will link the video in the SITH topic. Wink

And on to eggs we go!

@Kick - You're right.  I did a video slinging at a pallet fairly recently.  During that session I was a little over 40% accuracy (if I remember correctly).  So I think my expectations were a little high.  But you're right, I am happy with what I accomplished.  Thanks man!

IP Logged

PracticalParacord
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #309 - Feb 25th, 2020 at 4:16pm

I got a pendulum challenge in guys. That was more difficult than I thought. Sling on brothers!!
https://youtu.be/AsMsUy4A_8s

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #310 - Feb 25th, 2020 at 4:48pm

@PracticalParacord - Right on man!  Great of you to join in the fun.  And welcome to the forum.  Nice slinging!

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #311 - Feb 26th, 2020 at 1:47am

Awesome! Great set-up for it as well.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #312 - Mar 1st, 2020 at 4:16am

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #313 - Mar 1st, 2020 at 4:18am

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

joe_meadmaker

Slinging Ice is Cool!

PA, USA
Reply #314 - Mar 1st, 2020 at 3:12pm

Jaegoor wrote on Mar 1st, 2020 at 4:16am:

Excellent!  I wondered if you were going to link that video here for this challenge.  Your video was definitely an inspiration for me to try a pendulum target.  I love your hit when the ball is knocked out.

Jaegoor wrote on Mar 1st, 2020 at 4:18am:

Now this could be an idea.  We've still got the egg challenge.  Then we're going to try to hammer a nail into a board.  But a balance challenge could be an interesting idea after that.  What do you think Mersa?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 48
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, LightSlinger, Curious Aardvark, Chris)