Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Slings for trade (Read 8418 times)
Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Slings for trade
Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:29pm

Currently have these 3 slings which I'm willing to trade. I've already been asked by BalearicMateo but if anyone else is interested...

The top left one is 116cm from loop to release knot. Pouch about 7cm.
Top right is 131cm, pouch is about 9cm.
Bottom is 137cm, pouch about 9.5cm.
All of them are cotton string, 6 strand braid splitting to 3 strand for each "arm" of the pouch. I still have some cotton string left so I can always make some more if the demand outstrips supply Smiley

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Re: Slings for trade
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2017 at 12:31pm

Would help if I remembered to attach the photo...

"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

Alex.Ost
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Freiburg
Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 9:05am

They do look nice. How much do you charge for them?

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 2:20pm

Oh boy I have no idea. I guess the price of postage and... a few extra euros... I'm open to trading for some different slings; I'm more trying to vary the collection rather than cut down on it Cheesy

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #4 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 9:25am

I'll trade for one, probably the mid or longer one. What sort of sling do you want in return? I can make basically all types, but my woven pouch types aren't the best.

Can do-

Leather pouch+ paracord (seatbelt style or shaped)

Seatbelt+paracord

rockmans

balearic-esque

apache

Standard braided split

In a variety of materials.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #5 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 12:28pm

Balearic or apache would be great! Cheesy I don't have any of those styles so it would be great to get one of those ticked off the list.

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #6 - Jun 22nd, 2017 at 5:24pm

Sounds good- I'll whip up an apache (fit better in the mail).

I'll pm you for details.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #7 - Jun 30th, 2017 at 1:52pm

I forgot to post here but yeah the longest sling, the 137cm one, is now on it's way to JudoP. The one he's sent to me is waiting for me in England but I got sent a picture of it and I really can't wait to get my hands on it Cheesy The other two are still up for grabs and I might take another look through the collection to see if there is anything I would be willing to part with.

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #8 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 5:03am

Just received your sling today Kick- feels real nice. I'll bring it out for a test next time I go slinging.

Hope you enjoy your new sling when you get hold of it Smiley

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #9 - Jul 5th, 2017 at 6:55am

Great to hear! The wait is going to be tortuous but not too long now until I'm in England. Slings still available though I won't blame you if you want to wait to hear the review from JudoP first Cheesy

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #10 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 12:10pm

Finally in England and finally got a chance to test the sling you sent me JudoP. It's amazing! Great craftsmanship and its a joy to use!

I've also now got hold of a lot more string and have already made another sling in the same style as above and tested it out. More of them to come so if anyone else is interested in a trade, let me know! I can even attempt customizing the length but be warned I'm no  expert. I might consider selling them but I'll have to have a think about the price and unfortunately would have to include the shipping which, being in Finland, can get pricey.

IP Logged

JudoP
Funditor

Rocks away!

UK
Reply #11 - Jul 19th, 2017 at 3:50pm

Thankyou! Smiley

I do worry with apaches sometimes. I occasionally I mess up the pouch by making it too cupped then it doesn't release well. I think the one I sent was good, though I didn't get to test it.

I actually totally forgot about this thread. I tested your sling last week Kick, and it feels really nice. Perfect for largish egg sized stones and has a very smooth release/feel. I'm also impressed with the release cord knot on the end as I'm not very good at making sizeable ones that are neat.

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #12 - Jul 20th, 2017 at 3:25am

Good to hear it's up to snuff Cheesy

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #13 - Aug 2nd, 2017 at 12:14pm

I currently now have 6 slings in total for trade (I had some spare time in England and then managed to catch a cold on the plane back so I spent my day off sing making Cheesy ) all in the same style. I always make slings the same way so if anyone has any custom requests let me know and I'll take a crack at it Cheesy

Is it obvious I really enjoy making slings?

IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #14 - Sep 7th, 2017 at 7:27am

Thanks to an inquiry by Jaegoor, I realised I forgot to add all of the dimensions of the slings I have available for trade so I now have them all measured up:

F = Full length
P = Pouch size
Re-CP = Retention cord to centre of pouch

F: 111.5cm
P: 8.5cm
Re-CP: 57cm

F: 118cm
P: 7cm
Re-CP: 58cm

F: 129cm
P: 8cm
Re-CP: 64.5cm

F: 139cm
P: 13cm
Re-CP: 71.5cm

F: 141cm
P: 10cm
Re-CP: 70.5cm

F: 144cm
P: 10cm
Re-CP: 73cm

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Chris, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, David Morningstar)