Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Let's Build a Film Library (Read 12329 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: Let's Build a Film Library
Reply #30 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 3:35pm

The Blade films - all good.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #31 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 3:39pm

lmao - come on, someone else must have seen a film Wink

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #32 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 4:34pm

F4 ruined the origin of Dr Doom.

No longer is Doom disfigured by trying to rescue his mother from an infernal dimension after steeping himself in study- his iron suit placed on him white hot as his only hope of survival. Doom just got hit with the same cosmic rays as everybody else and had a psychotic break.

Hypothetically that's what would have happened if they had made the film in 2005. Wonderful thing that they didn't.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #33 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 6:15pm

perpetualstudent wrote on Jul 24th, 2015 at 4:34pm:
F4 ruined the origin of Dr Doom.

No longer is Doom disfigured by trying to rescue his mother from an infernal dimension after steeping himself in study- his iron suit placed on him white hot as his only hope of survival. Doom just got hit with the same cosmic rays as everybody else and had a psychotic break.

Hypothetically that's what would have happened if they had made the film in 2005. Wonderful thing that they didn't.

Agree 100%. If you're going to monkey around with characters, at least make them better. Like original, cerebral Nick Fury to badass Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury. Obviously my first suggestion is...

Rocky Horror Picture Show.

You can't go through life without watching Rocky Horror Picture Show at least once.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #34 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 6:18pm

The Quiet Man.

Possibly my favorite sports movie. Yes, it's a sports movie. Shut up.

Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #35 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 6:24pm

The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Not just my favorite Eastwood, but my favorite Western... that's not from the Duke. I like my Westerns to be fairly anti-Western.

WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #36 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 6:29pm

Sad Movie. (새드무비 or Saedeu Mubi)

Nobody does a tear jerker like the Korean studios can. You'll have to endure subtitles, but it's oh-so worth it. This is a film that you walk away from and think, "damn, I must be doing something right. My life doesn't suck nearly as bad as [insert just about any given character]." It hits like a punch to the gut.

WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #37 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 6:35pm

Ink.

It's an Indie film, so low budget and little FX. But it has one trippy SciFi story and great costuming and make up.

WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #38 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 6:38pm

Pandorum.

It sucks. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. There's practically no storyline and what story there is just sucks. The explanations, the rationale don't make sense. But I still find myself watching it whenever it's playing. Some things are so bad that they're good.

WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #39 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 6:39pm

Speaking of "so bad it's good..."

Leprechaun.

WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #40 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 6:41pm

And while I'm thinking about Jennifer Anniston in Leprechaun...

We're the Millers.

It's really dirty and really profane. If you're of age and still find those things funny, watch this film.

WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #41 - Jul 24th, 2015 at 6:45pm

Last one (for now):

Kung Fury.

It makes no sense, but it makes no sense with cool graphics.

WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #42 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 10:51am

Should also include some G and PG good Movies I think:

An American Tail: Fievel Goes West

Animated mouse heads west. Dom Delouise, John Cleese, and even Jimmy Stuart voice characters. Hilarious as a kid- still good as an adult. Very much looking forward to sharing that with my daughter.

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #43 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 10:53am

How to Train Your Dragon

Shockingly the best "dragon being trained to take a rider" montage I've seen. Funny movie, only saw as an adult but really enjoyed it. Don't bother about the sequel though. The best thing you can say about it is that it's not painful to watch.

IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #44 - Jul 25th, 2015 at 10:56am

The Incredibles

Watch. This. Movie. Seriously. If you haven't go watch it now. The best pixar film imho. What happens when superheroes are no longer welcome in society so they settle down to raise a family incognito? Good story, humor on multiple levels, hard to oversell this one. If you don't enjoy it- I think something may well be wrong with you.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Curious Aardvark)