Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Free tennis balls for sling tag,safe practice, beginner training etc. (Read 1669 times)
jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Free tennis balls for sling tag,safe practice, beginner training etc.
Jan 24th, 2015 at 5:57am

Just wanted to get this to most slingers,that's why i started a new thread.

Sooo,i just got 62 tennis balls for free from a local tennis yard. My gf asked them if they have unwanted damaged tennis balls, and they told us, that they'll have like 50,that they'll give away for free.

Probably some luck was involved too, and i was also thinking about this for a while,to play sling tag again with firends,and I asked and received.

The 62 balls are in much better condition than i expected. All in one piece, their only flaws are that they don't bounce well. Some probably lost their internal pressure\seal too,so they're softer,but they're perfect for sling tag.

So this is my heads up for y'all. Free,uniform shape and weight safe ammo for free. Can't beat this. Just ask around at tennis yards,indoor,outdoor, if they have some unwanted bad tennis balls. Even if you get ones that have fallen in two pieces, you could use them to make concrete balls. They'll weight around 130 grams. Wink

Respect existance or expect resistance!

IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Re: Free tennis balls for sling tag,safe practice, beginner training etc.
Reply #1 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 7:44am

Good post but as you said, some luck is involved.  All of the tennis courts around me are public courts so there would be no one to ask.

IP Logged

ilovepancakes
Interfector Viris Spurii

Virginia Slings- "You've
slung a long way, baby!

Virginia
Reply #2 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 7:59am

I used to live across from a public tennis court and would put a 5 gallon bucket next to the entrance with a piece of paper taped to it that read "Dead Balls". "Serious" tennis players buy new balls every time they play so I would end up with a good amount of what I thought were perfect balls.

Now I buy used tennis balls from a store called Play It Again sports, they are something like $.30 a ball.

Am I the only one who finds it slightly amusing that people are debating the merits of riot shields against zombies in a totally normal manner?     I do love this forum. -Morphy

IP Logged

Teg
Interfector Viris Spurii

Central Europe
Reply #3 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 9:07am

I used to do this as well. If you try your luck, go just after a tournament. Then they have plenty of old balls.

IP Logged

Jaegoor
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2015 at 4:06pm

Drag a balloon or two over a tennis ball . You will be amazed Roll Eyes

Bono Mellius

IP Logged

Caldou
Funditor

Moving the world... rock
by rock.

Picardie, France
Reply #5 - Jan 25th, 2015 at 10:53am

After last tournament I got ~= 100 balls for free. Well, some were squared because they get forced between the roof and the steel support beam (is that the right term ?) but most of them were perfect for slinging Smiley

Eight in one shot!
The french Slinging club
If it's still moving, keep slinging !
IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Reply #6 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 1:00am

I live next to a small town, were when something gets tossed out, it's usually really junk. I was amazed that i got these,and thought ,this got to be business as usual in europe,uk,us.

Yesterday we had a good time slinging ,me, my gf,and his brother. They improved excellently,though they just started slinging.
Especially my gf's brother. The guy's a natural slinger i think. After a couple hours of slinging, he was consistently having close hits on us from 40-60 m. Up close, not so much.. Dunno why, but i also seem to have less of a spread at more distant shots.

Jaegoor:i'll try the baloons over the t balls. I guess they will fly much further, because they'll have less drag.  On distance shots, it's visible from the side, how quickly they loose velocity. They look like those dragster cars that deploy their parachute Smiley

IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Reply #7 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 1:09am

I think in many places,one could get such balls,if asked in a few courts.

I plan to advertise this, and get some local folk to play sling tag. we'd need 10+ people to make this even more fun. Volume of fire

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, vetryan15, Kick, Rat Man, Chris, Morphy, joe_meadmaker)