Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ammo for sling tag (Read 2361 times)
Banzai

Nicaragua
Ammo for sling tag
Jan 12th, 2015 at 12:03am

What about using small water balloons in sling tag?  They are heavy enough, and would break on target.  They are cheap, and would be much safer than any type of ball worthy to be slung.  I haven't seen them mentioned yet on this forum.

1 Samuel 17:50

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Re: Ammo for sling tag
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 8:10am

Banzai wrote on Jan 12th, 2015 at 12:03am:
What about using small water balloons in sling tag?  They are heavy enough, and would break on target.  They are cheap, and would be much safer than any type of ball worthy to be slung.  I haven't seen them mentioned yet on this forum.

I like the idea in theory. Though they would have to be filled and tied very consistently or it would affect accuracy.

Actually, you could probably make "spherical gelatin capsules containing primarily polyethylene glycol, other non-toxic and water-soluble substances, and dye."  Essentially, giant paintballs. 

I've tested actual .68 caliber paintballs.  The range was less than stunning but I think if we made them bigger, it might work.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 10:03am

not a bad idea, altough i would use something that doesn't go away.. we've used tennis balls and i hardly think they could be beaten. very safe,altough they can hit quite hard up close and if slung hard. Readily available, can be relatively cheap, reusable consistent shape and size.
Decelerating rapidly.

Respect existance or expect resistance!

IP Logged

Banzai

Nicaragua
Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2015 at 8:34pm

I guess it depends if you play it with a paintball mentality or a NERF mentality, on the ammo reusability thing.   Wink  But that is also due to the fact that I have never slung tennis balls.

1 Samuel 17:50

IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Reply #4 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 9:03am

On a closed football field for example, you can do a nice lil slingtag battle with ~10 tennis balls, and no need to carry 500 one use ammo and fill everything with garbage. pros and cons of course

Respect existance or expect resistance!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, LightSlinger, Chris, Bill Skinner, Mauro Fiorentini)