Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for a Swedish 20 banknote (Read 7216 times)
Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Looking for a Swedish 20 banknote
Dec 23rd, 2014 at 12:46pm

So.  Funny story.  I found an old book at a used bookstore called The Wonderful Adventures of Nils and was instantly charmed.  Come to find out the story is much beloved in its native Sweden, so much so that Nils riding on his big white farm goose is featured on their 20 krona banknote.  Now, that's pretty awesome (better than our bills in the States by a run and a leap) but it took me awhile to think that some of you European folks on here might be able to procure one.  I don't know if anyone is in Sweden, or how often currency drifts into surrounding countries, but I thought I'd ask.  I also do not know if this 20 is the most recent print (and the internet has been frustratingly unhelpful).

So!  If anyone can send me the 20 with the little boy riding a goose on the back I would be much obliged!

I guess 20 krona isn't a big bill, but I would still trade a sling, of course. I also have other bits and bobs floating around.  I could cut some elk hide, I also have a couple of buffalo scraps at the moment, and some black bear fur scraps.  A skunk skull, a coyote jaw, some coyote canines and beaver molars and lynx toe bones...  It's quite a patchwork assortment.  Give a shout if you're interested.

"The very fact that there is life here at all, and that everything that's alive today, is so, because everything else passed away."  -Jack Horner
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
"Yet the finer they were the frailer; the cleverer, the more wrong-headed."   -North

IP Logged

timann
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Norway
Re: Looking for a Swedish 20 banknote
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2014 at 7:21am

It is common among us Norwegians to do shopping in Sweden because some food and pariculary tobacco is (or has been) cheeper over there.  Myself I hardly ever bother.  As for money it`s not common do deal with the Swedish stuff, paying with card or Norwegian money is the way to go.  I`ll ask around anyway if anyone I know shall do some Yule shopping over there but I don`t think so.

IP Logged

Arcane Tinker
Funditor

Slinging everything 'cept
b.s.

Western Wisconsin
Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2014 at 7:04am

Have you called any coin shops?  Sometimes numismatists will collect banknotes in addition to coins.

Safety officers and lawyers, two paying professions until the internet came along...
Arcane Tinker  
IP Logged

Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Reply #3 - Dec 25th, 2014 at 12:40pm

Hey, I've been in Sweden so many times during the last 18 months that I should have some of these papers around.
Just let me check, I remember that duck-rider very well.
Ciao
Mauro.

Like! Smiley https://www.facebook.com/Arte-Picena-238289793027749/timeline/
Greetings,
Mauro.

Mauro Fiorentini - 339-525

IP Logged

Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2014 at 12:54pm

I investigated my money box

Scandinavian Crowns, English pounds, Hong-Kong Dollars, Thai Bath, Japanese Yens....... no Swedish Crowns at all.... or else, I DO have some crowns: coins, plus this

while you're looking for this:
googling "20 Swedish crowns" will get you lots of images.

Sad
I am sorry I was unable to help you, Hollyn. Anyway we HAD at last one Swedish forumer, her nickname was Ulrica and I also used to have her address, but I threw it away years ago... try to PM her, you may have a surprise.
Also, should my Company send me to the North Sea once more, I'll save 20 SeK for you darling  Smiley
Greetings,
Mauro.

Greetings,
Mauro.

IP Logged

Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Reply #5 - Dec 25th, 2014 at 12:59pm

Oh and just for information, 20 SeK is not so much in €uro: 2.10. About three US Dollars.
Of course it'd yours for free, to know you happy would be more than enough Smiley
Ciao
Mauro.

Greetings,
Mauro.

IP Logged

Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Reply #6 - Dec 28th, 2014 at 6:48pm

timann- Thanks for asking around!

Tinker- I didn't think coin shops would have it since it's modern and not collectible...?  In any case, the "coin shops" around here wouldn't- they're pretty much much those PayNow! places that happen to have some coins too.  Oi.  I don't even know of a proper local coin shop...  A good suggestion, though.  I'll check around when next I'm out, but I don't have high hopes.

Mauro- No  Sad faces, Mauro!  It's ok, I knew it was a bit of a long shot!  Thank you for checking for me.  I just think it's great you happened to know of the one I was looking for  Grin  Don't feel like you have to hunt one down for me, but if you happen to end up with another sometime.  And I would be happy to trade too, even if it's only a little something.
Hn, yes, I sort of remember Ulrica.  I'll fire off a pm just in case.

Thanks for the responses, guys!

"The very fact that there is life here at all, and that everything that's alive today, is so, because everything else passed away."  -Jack Horner
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
"Yet the finer they were the frailer; the cleverer, the more wrong-headed."   -North

IP Logged

Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Reply #7 - Dec 28th, 2014 at 8:12pm

Don't worry Hollyn - I'll keep that in mind in my next travel Wink
Greetings,
Mauro.

Greetings,
Mauro.

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #8 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 9:59am

Hi,  would be happy to send you one! Just contact me. Smiley

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #9 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 10:53am

Hello Ulrica, long time since you have posted.  Are you still slinging?

IP Logged

Ulrica
Funditor

Fly, stone, fly

In the middle of Sweden
Reply #10 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 11:14am

Hi Bill, I am sorry to say, I am not slinging much these days. Haven´t found a good place to sling at....
Still have the slings and a bunch of very good stones lying around tho....
How are you?

May the stones go your way&&&&//Ulrica
IP Logged

Eoraptor
Funditor

Aim small, miss small.

Great Lakes Region (USA)
Reply #11 - Dec 30th, 2014 at 4:08pm

I didn't even get a chance to pm you, how did you knowwwww...

Yup, I'll send you a pm.  Good to hear from you again!

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #12 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 12:17pm

Still above the dirt, so I really can't complain.  Went to the river the other day and threw rocks for a while.  Had a pretty good time.  (Keep in mind that I am very easily amused. Grin)

IP Logged

Mauro Fiorentini
Forum Moderation

Forge your future with
the hammer of your mind!

Ancona, Italy.
Reply #13 - Jan 1st, 2015 at 7:22am

Ulrica!
So happy to read again from you!!!!
Do you know I've been in Sweden so many times during the last year!?!?!?!?!? I work on board cruise ships now and the Northern and Baltic seas are primary routes for us... I must congratulate with you for Stockholm, the town is a beauty and is one of the most relaxing I've seen. I even met a Canadian girl there!
I want to know about what you've been doing these past months! Let me know!!!
Kiss!!
Mauro.

Greetings,
Mauro.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Curious Aardvark, Masiakasaurus, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini, David Morningstar, Rat Man, Bill Skinner)