Ponerology (Read 10867 times)
Mark-Harrop
Funditor

cracker of zombieskulls

worldwide
Re: Ponerology
Reply #45 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 12:45am

Ajax, where are you from?

I have been involved in the business of war for a long time and unfortunately, the literary tool used to describe war is propaganda.

The internet has only made things worse.

As far as our civil rights being eroded, this has been happening for some time. We still have an ace in the hole, because if things ever get too bad we can still mount an effective, armed resistance…as our founding fathers intended.

The world is run by businessmen, politicians only put on a show. At the core of business lies greed and the desire to amass more wealth than you can use and manipulate humanity to that end.

The people that are pulling the strings of this global conflict know what they are doing. At the risk of venturing off into tinfoil hat land, the best thing to do is look at who is profiting from this conflict.

Its nice to think that the powers of good will triumph over the powers of evil, but the world isn't organised like that…its not black and white. Its grey…and from religion to predatory corporations, bad things will always happen to good people. Throughout human history, war has been the most consistent thing that unites people in a concerted effort. What does that say about us?

…and as a life long Democrat living in a world of ultra right-wing Republicans, I agree. Obama is useless and detrimental to the US.

My daughters can figure-8...

IP Logged

JAG

Pussy Cat

GB
Reply #46 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 12:49pm

Mark-Harrop wrote on Oct 12th, 2014 at 12:45am:
Throughout human history, war has been the most consistent thing that unites people in a concerted effort. What does that say about us?

It says most live in fear. But then most are afraid because they're the offspring of 200 generations of caged animals. Trained to repress they're natural instinct to question, just to follow blind logic and the rules and regulations of a power elite.

Nothing changes in society until we change within ourselves. Slavery is a mental condition, not a factual reality. We choose to succumb to it.

No Entry. Works In Progress.

IP Logged

Ajax

You reap what you sow

Reply #47 - Oct 12th, 2014 at 5:46pm

Mr Harrop, everything that you have said about the state of the world is true as to who holds the power,But i disagree that that is the way it has always been, and that we should just accept it, maybe it is the warrior in me that will not accept anothers ideas about how i should live and what i should think, and i think you are the same, but you are being pragmatic, i get that.
Your ace in the hole as you put it may be a poison chalice in the end the only victory it begets will be a pyrrhic one.
There is always another way.
I also live in the world of Grey, they named a shade of it after me Smiley but i have learned to come out every once and a while to see the sun, and discovered there are other colours.
Dont lose hope sir, cultivate it.
Jag, powerful words Cool you too are right. very smart people on this site, now what are we doing with those smarts? Wink

"Do what thou will"Shall be the whole of the law."love is the law, love under will"

IP Logged

Ajax

You reap what you sow

Reply #48 - Nov 10th, 2014 at 11:49pm

Does anyone have any thoughts on Putin as a leader, as a man?
If you had to choose, would you have Putin, Obama, or someone else as head of your nation?

"Do what thou will"Shall be the whole of the law."love is the law, love under will"

IP Logged

Mark-Harrop
Funditor

cracker of zombieskulls

worldwide
Reply #49 - Dec 5th, 2014 at 3:30pm

Putin is dangerous…because he's ruthless.

I'd put the Dalai Lama in charge of the world. He seems to be pretty level headed, fair and smart.

My daughters can figure-8...

IP Logged

Ajax

You reap what you sow

Reply #50 - Dec 7th, 2014 at 6:25pm

I agree,Putin is smart and ruthless but he is also a diplomat. but i guess you have to be if you are a world leader and have to keep your lunch money from the americans and nato.
I am not siding with any party,i just wanted to get an idea of what the everyday joe thought of leaders and who does/does not have the goods.

IP Logged

JAG

Pussy Cat

GB
Reply #51 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 3:40pm

Putin is a man doing a job. He tried to befriend NATO and the US/NATO said bog off. Since then he's been looking to halt NATO expansion.

From a Russian geo-political stand point he's done a good job. As a democratic leader who champions human rights and engages in the world, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.

But then I'm just a dumb blond bimbo with no sense of global politics. What do I know?

IP Logged

Ajax

You reap what you sow

Reply #52 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 8:29pm

Jag i agree with you.
Putin is Pro Russia for sure and anybody that worked for the KGB has dirty hands, however his recent Valdai speech was a watershed moment in the history of the world that the west remained silent on, and his actions over the last few years show that he does what he says he will do, something western leaders could learn.
I for one will welcome his brand of politics with a grain of salt and an option to change my mind later, The west can not stop the rise of the BRICS nations and a multipolar world may be a good thing, as long as nobody starts throwing nukes. Smiley
But i feel you do yourself a dis-service when you put yourself down.You dont write like a dumb blond Smiley

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #53 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 9:11pm

When Hitler started running Germany, everyone was impressed with how he made things happen.

When Stalin started running Russia, everyone was impressed with how he made things happen.

When Muossolini started running things in Italy, everyone was impressed with how he made things happen.

They all were a little rough in the human rights arena but sometimes you have to do that to make things happen.

Are you detecting a trend, yet?

IP Logged

Ajax

You reap what you sow

Reply #54 - Dec 9th, 2014 at 10:00pm

Obama,Bush snr, Bush jnr, Cameron,Netenyahoo, Clinton,Blair,Thatcher,Harper,Cia rendition and torture, wmd's,False flag, support for nazies, iraq war 1, iraq war 2,
Balkans,Libya.
Tsa, stop and frisk, nsa monitoring of all e comms,bank bail outs ,bank bail ins, fema camps, appointments to unelected officals,fear and blame of minorites, un regulated lobbying and election spending, laws passed without due process, stripping away of basic freedoms "for our own protection", two tier justice system, controls on who buys and sells and grows food. Nano particles in the food,Obamacare
Corparate controled military industrial complex.
Ok so all this is a little tough on human rights but sometimes you have to make things happen, are you detecting a trend yet?

IP Logged

JAG

Pussy Cat

GB
Reply #55 - Dec 10th, 2014 at 6:15am

Again I agree with bill.

2 party politics isn't perfect and relies on disagreement. In short the system is designed to have faults. It is the presence of faults that ensures us we still have freedom.

The GWOT of the Bush/Blair years has stripped away rights, however we are now seeing the kickback. The fact you can list those issues publicly shows the system is working.

"In totalitarian states everything works" is an oxymoron. You may have busses that run on time, but then you don't have the freedom to complain when they don't.

IP Logged

Ajax

You reap what you sow

Reply #56 - Dec 10th, 2014 at 5:49pm

Fair comments,Your points of view are valid as long as you believe that your leaders are not lying to you and that the history that you learned is true, if that is of course the case then western politics is justified in the wars and misery it creates so that the west can stay on top(which it isnt any more, and we all know what happens to those who arn't on top), WTC was in fact an outside job,America is still the richest, most powerful nation (its not), in fact everything is fine,and god loves us etc
We may still be able to disagree and debate and long may that continue, but my fear friends is that we are running out of time. The name of this thread is ponerology, it is the study of evil and its effects on the human race and world events.
We are entitled to have an opinion and use free will, but these can only be used effectively when given correct information.
Programme a computer using out of date or incorrect data and you will still get a result to base your conclusions on but it will be wrong, one can still cut wood to build a house with the wrong measurements but it will be built badly and leak or worse collapse over time. You know that saying, It it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it must be a duck, i would contend that a man can both walk and quack like a duck but is in fact, not a duck.
And with regard to true evil most of us dont even know what a duck is! so how can we compare one with another, how can we trust our conclusions when our basic information is both tainted and fed into the computer wrong?
We should be at least prepared to consider the idea that all is not well, then have the courage to do something or nothing about it.just dont be a victim.
Question, has anyone been to the lincoln memorial in Washington? the decoration that adorns the seat that he sits upon, the ones that are faceing front and under each arm;the ones that are also found in congress either side of the speaker, an axe or spear contained within a bundle of reeds or sticks.
Do you know what that is a symbol of?

IP Logged

JAG

Pussy Cat

GB
Reply #57 - Dec 10th, 2014 at 7:11pm

Question: Why are most Americans convinced there is some global conspiracy going on? Is it some type of religious freak out because of 9/11?

Anyway, do you mean this? The Fasces

Because I can't see that in Lincoln's chair.

It symbolizes magisterial power, strength in unity and power over life and death.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fasces

Ajax wrote on Dec 10th, 2014 at 5:49pm:
Your points of view are valid as long as you believe that your leaders are not lying to you and that the history that you learned is true,

Oh my! Aren't we sure of ourselves? I'll overlook the blatant arrogance and just disagree that my point of view on a multi-party system is only valid if I believe what the "leaders" tell me. By its nature a multi party political system of democracy can only work if members of the electorate question the "leaders". If nothing is questioned because all is believed then what is left to debate?

You then suggest that what is really happening is that we are all being duped by the "leaders" as we succumb to evil. At this point in our conversation I'm reaching for my tin foil hat.

You propose that we're all being feed false data that will result, presumably, in the collapse of society and our enslavement or demise.

Finally you presume that because others do not see what you see, then we are somehow lacking in the capability to question the world around us.

First, false data is propaganda. Every country, party, business, church congregation and boy scout club engage in propaganda. Its called marketing. Now personally I review ALL available information, take it with a pinch of salt, analyse, categorise and prioritise. As for the "leaders", I am no man's slave no will I ever be.

Second this assertion that I somehow lack the courage to fight this "evil" you perceive is also unfounded. This idea that I just "accept" what I am told. Let me explain.

The Christian west insists that God exists. That god says humans are born male or female. That homosexuality is a sin. An act of the devil. That women are secondary to men. That men have power over women's life's and bodies. That the world was made in 7 days. That evolution is a lie. That God created all, and all things bad are the result of our failings as humans. That man is made in Gods likeness, seperate to the beasts of nature ruled by the devil.

I question all of these historic accepted truths. I know I was born both man and woman because I'm trans. I know that homosexuality isn't a sin but an act of love because I'm bisexual. That women are different to men but equal because I've lived as both a man and a woman. That no man has power over any woman except at the point of a sword. That the world is billions of years old, a constant ongoing process of evolution. Not some creation of a magical sky God. That humans are not seperate to nature because we are just another animal.

I don't question "leaders"? People like me have been questioning and defeating those "leaders" who promote slavery wrapped up as freedom for 2000 years.

Evil isn't an entity. It is that which is in every human heart. The daily decision to do good or bad. There is no global conspiracy, just global politics. And man doesn't rule the Earth. The Earth rules man.

These are the truths of the Goddess. I suggest you find comfort in them.  Wink

IP Logged

Ajax

You reap what you sow

Reply #58 - Dec 10th, 2014 at 8:01pm

Fasces, thats it! now type that in to google as well as fascist and see what happens.(wiki)You can believe what you want and do want you want and more power to you.
Before you pigeon holed yourself into all those things you listed, you are first a human being, a sovreign being, first rung on the great ladder and due a certain amount of respect and rights and nothing else, it is up to all of us to build the nation we want in our hearts and minds, we have to start with the smallest block of society , ourselves, and build from there, i couldn't give a poopy as to your sex, creed or colour; want i want to see is your character of heart and soul.In an electric universe you can believe want you want but eventually you have to pay for it.
But you are being lied to, and that is my belief and it is a harmless one if i am wrong but at least i am in some very good intelligent company, but if i am right which one of us will be better prepared?.who has more to lose?
You exercise your version of free will and i will exercise mine.
Believe what you like not even the Goddess can change a set mind, it would stop the world.
I am grateful to this forum and to Jag for a venue and a free exchange of ideas.

IP Logged

Ajax

You reap what you sow

Reply #59 - Jan 15th, 2015 at 5:45pm

Any one have any thoughts on the events that gripped france and the world last week.
Or the energy fiasco between europe and russia?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Rat Man, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Mauro Fiorentini)