Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Sling tag/sling dodgeball ammo (Read 22847 times)
KB
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Baxterville, Mississippi
Re: Sling tag/sling dodgeball ammo
Reply #45 - Aug 30th, 2020 at 5:33pm

Reply #43 - Aug 26th, 2020 at 9:25pm
I think the real challenge is finding another slinger within a 100 mile radius!

Great point it's not like u can just throw a rock and hit another person who enjoys slinging...   
Sorry but it had to be said...

In my day we didnt have no fancy schmancy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock and we had to share the rock..!
https://www.facebook.com/KalebC.Breshears  
IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #46 - Aug 31st, 2020 at 10:52am

KB wrote on Aug 30th, 2020 at 5:33pm:
Great point it's not like u can just throw a rock and hit another person who enjoys slinging... 

This definitely shouldn't be encouraged either. There are so few enthusiastic slingers we can't afford to lose any to sling tag with rocks Cheesy

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

PracticalParacord
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #47 - Sep 6th, 2020 at 9:13am

Tennis balls work really good. To keep it safe only allow slings at a certain length only slung at a certain distance.Such as a sling that is 48 inches total length will not hurt you from a distance of 50+ feet. But a longer sling will leave a nice mark on you lol.

IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #48 - Sep 6th, 2020 at 1:33pm

Ha! I think you may underestimate some people’s ability to hurt themselves.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

Archaic Arms
Funditor

Testing and inventing
"Archaic" weapons.

Reply #49 - Sep 6th, 2020 at 3:47pm

Tennis balls are alright, but they have a lot of drag and I don't think they throw very well. Double yellow dot squash balls would work, but safety glasses would be necessary... and they hurt, but it would be part of the fun eh?
I think the ideal projectile would be of durable foam with a small metal core to add weight. I think something around 100g total weight would be suitable.

Regards,
Lewis
IP Logged

Kick
past-moderator

Finland
Reply #50 - Sep 6th, 2020 at 4:50pm

Sockball with a rubber ball inside maybe?

You are a great guy Kick but also slightly scary at times. - Morphy
"Nothing matters, but it’s perhaps more comfortable to keep calm and not interfere with other people." - H.P. Lovecraft, in a letter to Frank Belknap Long, 7 October, 1923

IP Logged

KB
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Baxterville, Mississippi
Reply #51 - Sep 6th, 2020 at 11:49pm

A couple of BB's inside a small ball of yarn stuffed into a balloon or something like that...      Maybe..?

In my day we didnt have no fancy schmancy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks and a rock and we had to share the rock..!
https://www.facebook.com/KalebC.Breshears  
IP Logged

NooneOfConsequence
Slinging.org Moderator

Texas
Reply #52 - Sep 7th, 2020 at 1:01am

Archaic Arms wrote on Sep 6th, 2020 at 3:47pm:
... and they hurt, but it would be part of the fun eh?

As a teenager, I used to be proud of every paintball-shaped welt I had the day after a good battle.

“My final hour is at hand. We face an enemy more numerous and cunning than the world has yet seen. Remember your training, and do not fear the hordes of Judas. I, without sin, shall cast the first stone. That will be your sign to attack! But you shall not fight this unholy enemy with stones. No! RAZOR GLANDES!  Aim for the eyes! May the Lord have mercy, for we shall show none!“  -Jesus the Noodler

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #53 - Sep 7th, 2020 at 9:26am

NooneOfConsequence wrote on Sep 7th, 2020 at 1:01am:
Archaic Arms wrote on Sep 6th, 2020 at 3:47pm:
... and they hurt, but it would be part of the fun eh?

As a teenager, I used to be proud of every paintball-shaped welt I had the day after a good battle.

Same here, and only recently retired from playing the gamr a couple years back,

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #54 - Sep 7th, 2020 at 10:22am

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/novak-djokovics-disqualification-stirs-debate-onl...

I do belive tennis balls would be the best ammo for any type of game that is relatively safe. Including  FUNDABALL just change the size of the course by 1/2. Tennis balls i think would be the best as they will still hurt like paintballs. The video shows how even an underpowered throw/hit can make a tennis ball hurt. Just wear padding or jerseys  that are just like paintball uniforms while playing speedball, which have padding in the jeresy or pants. If we were able to get FUNDABALL off to a start as an international sport.

IP Logged

SlingingBri
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Oklahoma City Area
Reply #55 - Sep 10th, 2020 at 4:10am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQZmlD_DndY

For those who say tennis balls can't kill......

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #56 - Sep 10th, 2020 at 4:51pm

Here are a few examples of padded paintball jerseys. Prices are not too bad especially if it for teams, and starting up a league for FUNDABALL . Plus using tennisballs, with some sort of rugby mask everyone would be safe.there wouldnt be any casualties from a slinging game.

https://jerseysclinic.com/paintball/

IP Logged

a

a

a
Reply #57 - Nov 1st, 2020 at 9:21am

I have 4 tennis balls with orange dots on them. When deflated they're pretty soft. You'd feel them, but they can't do much damage. The kids here sling them at each other with no worries.

I looked them up and they're low compression training balls. Unlike normal balls which even deflated are hard and will split, these are soft and they haven't split one yet.

IP Logged

Josephusflav

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #58 - Mar 6th, 2021 at 12:48am

The government shoots chalk bullets as apart of there training surely if the gunpowder propelled chalk wont kill then neither should a sling fires chalk round

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #59 - Mar 6th, 2021 at 11:41am

Josephusflav wrote on Mar 6th, 2021 at 12:48am:
The government shoots chalk bullets as apart of there training surely if the gunpowder propelled chalk wont kill then neither should a sling fires chalk round

Well, it's not solid chalk, if it even is chalk.  It's a colored dry powder--probably actually talcum (talc)--encased in plastic and propelled at a maximum speed of 450 fps.  That's less than a quarter of the speed of a real bullet.

So it's both a much lighter bullet.  (Maybe someone else can find the math, but I'd say at least 1/10th the mass.)  Flying at 1/4th the speed.

Conclusion?:
Please don't sling solid rocks made of chalk at people.  They can hurt and kill.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Masiakasaurus, Bill Skinner, Curious Aardvark, LightSlinger, Mauro Fiorentini, Chris, Rat Man)