Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Sling Competition: Scores! Let's do this! (Read 16658 times)
Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Sling Competition: Scores! Let's do this!
Aug 6th, 2013 at 3:46pm

Allright, I've out of patience and I'm tired of all this government-ish decision making.

Lets just have the competition. Here are the rules:

Any sling, Any Style, Any solid ammo (no shot gunning or chain slinging Wink ).

Distances at 10, 15, and 20 meters (or 11, 16, and 21 yards for Americans Smiley ). These closer distances are ideal for those with less room or new slingers.

Standard Balearic target, 1.2 meter (4 feet) target with a .5 meter (foot and half) bulls-eye. http://slinging.org/index.php?page=balearic-sling-competitions---vicente

2 points for hit on black, one point for white.

Targets can be painted on a wall, made from carpet, cardboard, netting, whatever you can get your hands on.

5 shots at each distance. (for those with short memories, that's 10, 15, and 20m. 15 shots total)

30 points is a perfect score. No rewards for now besides self satisfaction and being able to see your improvement recorded online.

This will run primarily on the honor system (not everyone has time or access to a video camera). Please have honor and be honest.

You can enter your scores as many times as you'd like but you have to take each session (15 shots, 3 distances) together (as opposed to the best of three sessions).

OR...

Same general rules, any sling, any solid ammo, any style, Balearic target, same scoring.

However, the distance and shot count would be 10 shots at 10 meters and 10 shots at 15 meters.

Perfect score of 40.

It doesn't matter what order you sling at distance wise, but traditionally, you start close and move back.

Who's with me?  Cool

First time target slinging in a couple months and I scored a 12 on the first system and a 21 on the second. Personally I thought the second number as a little more self esteem building and we can start with that and work towards the first system once we're all a little better. Smiley

Try each and let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2013 at 8:59am by Dan »  

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Re: Sling Competion: Let's do this!
Reply #1 - Aug 6th, 2013 at 10:12pm

Im in... let see how this goes...

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Donnerschlag
Interfector Viris Spurii

I put the 'K' in "Kwality"!

Portland, OR
Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 1:32am

I'm in Smiley

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that shows you tried."
-Bob Ross

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 9:27am

Outstanding idea, count me in, also.  Spray paint on the side of the barn, my neighbors already think I'm nuts, anyways.

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Re: Sling Competition: Let's do this!
Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 9:35am

Its been raining for the past couple days but its supposed to clear up on sunday and I'll see if I can get my first entry then.  Smiley

IP Logged

CodeMaker
Descens

top score: 13

Pennsylvania, USA
Reply #5 - Aug 8th, 2013 at 9:24am

count me in! i only have 24 hours to myself a week right now, but i'll start keeping score ASAP. i'm asking a local martial arts school about throwing together a bit of a "learn to sling day/ slinging competition" as well, because it would be very similar to some of the weapons clinics they already do  Smiley

"Out of all these troops, the best 700 were left-handed. Each could sling a stone at a hair and not miss" - Judges, 20:16&&&&for all you right handed suckers out there Tongue

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #6 - Aug 8th, 2013 at 11:33am

soon as I get round to making  a portable balearic target I'll give it a go.

See how much time I get next week (ie: how much work I get in)

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

bluecanary
Novicius

Dexai

Utah
Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 6:26am

This sounds awesome! Did I miss the part about where the scores shall be posted? I'm in no way capable of competing with anyone but I would REALLY be interested in watching some videos of those that can do this while filming ;0) hopefully some of you brave souls will take this challenge and run with it!

IP Logged

Caldou
Funditor

Moving the world... rock
by rock.

Picardie, France
Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 7:01am

Dan wrote on Aug 6th, 2013 at 3:46pm:
Standard Balearic target, 1.5 meter (5 feet) target with a .5 meter (foot and half) bulls-eye. http://slinging.org/index.php?page=balearic-sling-competitions---vicente

Just to point out that the board should be nearer to 4 feet than 5 (it's 1.20m instead of 1.5 Smiley )

Eight in one shot!
The french Slinging club
If it's still moving, keep slinging !
IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 9:37am

i thought 5 ft sounded wayy to big....

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 4:43pm

"Standard Balearic target, 1.5 meter (5 feet) target with a .5 meter (foot and half) bulls-eye. http://slinging.org/index.php?page=balearic-sling-competitions---vicente"

"Just to point out that the board should be nearer to 4 feet than 5 (it's 1.20m instead of 1.5 Smiley )"

Right! I forgot that in Spanish the comma is the equivalent of the decimal point so somehow I read it as 1 and a half. IDK. Anyway, I'll edit it in the main post but it should be about 4ft.
Thanks.

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #11 - Aug 9th, 2013 at 5:53pm

1.2 meters=3.93701 feet
.5 meter=1.64042 feet.

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #12 - Aug 10th, 2013 at 8:48pm

"1.2 meters=3.93701 feet
.5 meter=1.64042 feet."

Yep, I have access to search engine converters too.  Roll Eyes But for people who don't want to measure down to the 100,000 place, 4 feet base and foot and half bulls eye will do.  Wink

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #13 - Aug 10th, 2013 at 10:16pm

yep...
same.
Except I use this great thing called a tape measure with foot and centimeters on it so I don't have to do conversions Wink

IP Logged

jlasud
Interfector Viris Spurii

Programming stones

Transilvania
Reply #14 - Aug 11th, 2013 at 10:48am

Maybe y'all get converted to the metric system. FINALLY! Cheesy

Respect existance or expect resistance!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: LightSlinger, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Chris, Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Bill Skinner)