Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Balearic Sling for Precision (Read 15543 times)
squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Re: Balearic Sling for Precision
Reply #15 - Aug 31st, 2013 at 9:39am

Go find some sisal garden twine. It is extremely cheap, and braids fairly well. it makes a good practice/experimentation material.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Toby
Descens

Slinging Rocks!

Nürnberg
Reply #16 - Aug 31st, 2013 at 10:52am

I have hundrets of meter of sisal, but i want to make a balearic out of the raw material not gardentwine. I just finished my hemp sling today.

I have to make it more tight next time. Also i have to scutch it before i start the next one.

hempsling_001.jpg (187 KB | )
hempsling_001.jpg

:slinger:                                             Mad Monkey

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #17 - Aug 31st, 2013 at 3:27pm

Toby wrote on Aug 31st, 2013 at 10:52am:
I have hundrets of meter of sisal, but i want to make a balearic out of the raw material not gardentwine. I just finished my hemp sling today.

I have to make it more tight next time. Also i have to scutch it before i start the next one.

The garden twine is for practice.
the fiber is for the real thing.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Bill Skinner, Chris, David Morningstar, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark)