Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Bug report thread - for issues with new forum (Read 46834 times)
slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Re: Bug report thread - for issues with new forum
Reply #75 - Sep 22nd, 2013 at 6:27am

I still can't post attachments or pictures on my posts.

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #76 - Sep 22nd, 2013 at 1:42pm

oh yeah - don't forget the thing about new password.
I'll have a look now.

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

slingbadger
Interfector Viris Spurii

Don't Badger a Badger

Akron NY
Reply #77 - Sep 22nd, 2013 at 1:51pm

ah ha - on the left hand side was a small button that said: 'collapse/expand additional features.'

Clicked that and it opened up the whole picture attachment feature - also you hadn't changed to the new template.

If you click the little plus next to the attachments you can add additional pics.

badgerfix1.jpg (72 KB | )
badgerfix1.jpg
badgerfix2.jpg (78 KB | )
badgerfix2.jpg

The greatest of all the accomplishments of 20th cent. science has been the discovery of human ignorance  The main difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits.-Einstein   I'm getting psychic as I get older. Or is that psychotic?

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #78 - Sep 22nd, 2013 at 1:52pm

problem fixed Smiley

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #79 - Sep 24th, 2013 at 8:03pm

I just noticed, http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl is the brown template and http://www.slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl is the blue template.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

NimNom
Tiro

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #80 - Jul 23rd, 2020 at 4:18pm

I don't know if I am doing something wrong, but when I click on the Slinging.org logo to return to the home screen, it says I am signed out until I enter a post.

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #81 - Jul 26th, 2020 at 10:38am

it will do as you are reloading the site and you don't appear to have your browsers configured to save your login details.
Also that does not go directly to the forum.
use this link instead:

forumreload.JPG (62 KB | 87 )
forumreload.JPG

IP Logged

Oxnate
Webmaster

Crus de agnus Dei con
quilon menthae.

Minnesota
Reply #82 - Jul 26th, 2020 at 11:18am

Sorry, CA, but you're misunderstanding.

This happens to me, as well. 

I can copy and paste the right address (http://slinging.org/forum/YaBB.pl) straight from the link you just posted or use the bookmark I have saved.  Either way, I always come in not logged in.  See image.

But if I click a link, in this case--Administrative, I'm automatically re-logged in with my saved details.  See image 2

All I did for these examples was to click my bookmark and then click "Administrative".  If I go back to the main forum now, I will stay logged in until the last forum tab is closed.  The only thing I can guess might be happening is that the forum is making the check for saved username/pass AFTER everything loads.  So we're being logged in, but we can't see it until we click another page.

Hope this helps.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine:  'Yea' isn't the word you want.  It's 'yeah'.  'Yea' is an anachronistic word you see in the King James bible. "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Spellcheck, I shall fear no misspellings for thou art with me.  Thy dictionary and thy thesaurus, they comfort me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Mauro Fiorentini, Rat Man, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, Masiakasaurus, Chris, David Morningstar)