Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Redd's Apple Ale Commercial (Slinging Edit) (Read 9957 times)
Pikåru
Interfector Viris Spurii

Experience teaches only
the teachable...

Colorado USA
Re: Redd's Apple Ale Commercial (Slinging Edit)
Reply #15 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 11:24pm

Very, very clever. Nicely done sir. Definitely going to pick up some apple ale.

I sling. Therefore I am. Tano' Hu I Islan Guahan. http://itanohu.blogspot.com

IP Logged

HaifischKuchen
Descens

Slinging Stones!

Reply #16 - Apr 3rd, 2013 at 4:04am

Yes, these commercials were perfectly set up for editing in some slinging action. Smiley
And Dan is right, there has to be other commercials out there to have some fun with.  I'll have to keep a creative eye out!

@Thearos:  Haha!  Man that would be awesome to see mention of a sling on that show.  I like your script, but at what point would the crazy goat scream hit?

@timpa:  Yeah you know it!  If that apple actually hit him he would be bleeding in a pile of applesauce on the floor.

Funny, I haven't tried this drink yet, but I'm going to have to pick up some too.  Their silly commercial must be working!

IP Logged

LightSlinger
Funditor
slingingsport

All things in Moderation...
Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #17 - Apr 3rd, 2013 at 6:45am

Shoot, I'd never even heard of that silly product...  However, I must admit that since you've enhanced the commercial I did find myself looking for it while at the store yesterday...  Darn good Marketing! 
   We should send the "updated" commercial to the people at Redd's and see what they say..  Might end up with a job offer!

Slinging Sport Rank: TIRO.   Highest Merit Award: Sling Crafter 3
I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space
"A sling is a dependent weapon, relying on you for basically everything but mechanical advantage..."

IP Logged

HaifischKuchen
Descens

Slinging Stones!

Reply #18 - Apr 4th, 2013 at 4:35am

Now that's an idea!  I could be their apple slinging man!  I'm kind of curious what they would think of it.  But they probably wouldn't like me messing with their commercials.

IP Logged

Yurek
Funditor
Past Moderator

The best thing, is a good
sling.

Poland
Reply #19 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 3:44pm

I have a good laugh. Nicely done, HaifischKuchen.  Grin

In the shape, structure and position of each stone, there is recorded a small piece of history. So, slinging them, we add a bit of our history to them.

IP Logged

LightSlinger
Funditor
slingingsport

Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #20 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 5:47pm

HaifischKuchen wrote on Apr 4th, 2013 at 4:35am:
Now that's an idea!  I could be their apple slinging man!  I'm kind of curious what they would think of it.  But they probably wouldn't like me messing with their commercials.  

Well, as long as you aren't libeling them or detracting from the purpose of the commercial, I think you might be surprised.  Course, not being slingers, they might not fully comprehend how awesome the newer versions are... 

I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space
"A sling is a dependent weapon, relying on you for basically everything but mechanical advantage..."

IP Logged

LightSlinger
Funditor
slingingsport

Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #21 - Apr 5th, 2013 at 5:53pm

Now that I think of it, you could make one of your own completely. 

Scene: couple of guys walking through a park talking about what they want to drink later.  As they are talking you see several apples flying by, one hitting a sign that reads "1st annual Redd's apple ale sling-fest".  Of course, they are blissfully unaware, until that point of decision, and bam bam bam!  Apple volley!

I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space

IP Logged

Mick
Descens

May your stone always
be well buried.

Brisbane/Redcliffe
Reply #22 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 5:43am

Not knowing the product or the commercial, I thought the first video was the real advert, and I was really impressed...After I finished laughing at how funny it was. The fact that one of you blokes edited the advert in such a way as to make it seem like it was the original adverts intent, is brilliant.
A big thumbs up! The second one was almost as good, but you could tell with the 'um's', however, I could see the need for that, as the stretching and preparation leading up to a superb sling added to the amusing finish  Grin.

Mick

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #23 - Apr 7th, 2013 at 6:44am

brilliant Smiley

have a gold star Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

HaifischKuchen
Descens

Slinging Stones!

Reply #24 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 1:30am

Oh yeah, GOLD STAR!  That's awesome. Cheesy

@LightSlinger:
You know I was thinking about how I would make one of those commercials from scratch, but my idea was not as good as the one you came up with.  That is an excellent idea!  Ha!  Now you have got me creating this storyboard in my head.  I just might have to try this, if I can find the resources.  But, I wonder if slingers are the part of the demographic they intend to sell to. Smiley

@MickR:
Haha! Thank you, you got it exactly!  As far as I know, two of those commercials exist.  I knew what I wanted to do for the first one, but I figured I should do something different for the second.  So I tried making it ridiculous by stretching out the "um's"  I wasn't sure what version people would like more.

IP Logged

LightSlinger
Funditor
slingingsport

Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #25 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 1:48am

HaifischKuchen wrote on Apr 8th, 2013 at 1:30am:
Oh yeah, GOLD STAR!  That's awesome. Cheesy

@LightSlinger:
You know I was thinking about how I would make one of those commercials from scratch, but my idea was not as good as the one you came up with.  That is an excellent idea!  Ha!  Now you have got me creating this storyboard in my head.  I just might have to try this, if I can find the resources.  But, I wonder if slingers are the part of the demographic they intend to sell to. Smiley

Well, if you're a beer (ale) drinker, I guess you're in the Demographic!  Seriously, send that first one to em!  I'm curious to hear what they might say, LOL.

On another note, I've been thinking that our sling-fests might benefit from the exposure that a really clever, well thought out video might grant us.  There are videos of babies speaking gibberish out there that have 5 million+ hits!  Whooo!  THAT'S what we need folks! 
    So, Shark Cake, be prepared for tasking!  I think that you've more than proven that you're the man to come to...  Your mission, should you choose to accept it... *Cue cool theme music*

I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space

IP Logged

HaifischKuchen
Descens

Slinging Stones!

Reply #26 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 2:17am

Oh man haha!  Do you think my silliness could achieve something like this?
I really need a legion of slingers near me to set up the scene for the commercial that you proposed.

But I guess it really doesn't have to be a commercial.  Maybe if there was clever short story or something that would promo an upcoming sling-fest.
And sure, slingers would love it, but it would have to be really good to appeal to the masses.  Competing with baby videos is damn near impossible.Smiley
What is the overall objective?  To get as many people interested in slinging as possible?

IP Logged

Mick
Descens

May your stone always
be well buried.

Brisbane/Redcliffe
Reply #27 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 5:14am

You could try and make the point that slingers have more stones than anybody else (Not to mention the size of our glandes), and that we can make our mark on people...From much further away too  Wink.

Mick

IP Logged

LightSlinger
Funditor
slingingsport

Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #28 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 6:33am

Yep, that's the idea...  Honestly, I don't think it would be as hard as you might think.  I mean, look at the Redd's commercial.  It's not really that complicated at all.  The rough part is the hook, or the gag.  What will make this really stand out to our demographic and make it memorable?  I mean that's the key really, not that I have to tell YOU that..

So, occassionally, Slingers get together at what we sometimes refer to as Sling-Fests.  Just a get together of Slingers really.  I think they played a game of Sling Golf during one a while back.  My Idea is to make these things a bit more regular and use them to gather not just established slingers, but the un-initiated as well.  I may have one soon in my home town that will have different elements to it.  A begginers class on how to sling, maybe a sling golf tourney, an accuracy competition and maybe, just maybe, in a few years, a Funda Ball League!

I just think that these little SlingFests may benefit greatly from a well thought out and executed video like yours...

Maybe it would help to further define our demographic.  Like I mentioned in the second paragraph, my concept of the SlingFest is not simply a gathering of Slingers but people that we can CONVERT into Slingers.  We can shoot (in a manner of speaking) for a few different demographics.

1.   My personal favorite:  Families
   2.   Sportsman/Sportswomen (Golfers, Survivalists, baseball coaches who want to train their players to catch fly balls, Hunters, etc.)
   3.   Hobbists.  (Isn’t this what most of us are? LOL)
   4.   Church Groups…  You know why..
   5.   Even Obscure groups.  (Zombie Apocalypse Survivalists, Anarchists, etc.)

I’m sure if I gave it some thought I could come up with others…

I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space

IP Logged

LightSlinger
Funditor
slingingsport

Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #29 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 6:36am

Mick wrote on Apr 8th, 2013 at 5:14am:
You could try and make the point that slingers have more stones than anybody else (Not to mention the size of our glandes), and that we can make our mark on people...From much further away too  Wink.

Mick

HA!  Way to turn a phrase my friend!  Love it!

I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Chris, Morphy, Curious Aardvark, Kick, joe_meadmaker, vetryan15)