Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Least Favorite Vegetable? (Read 5526 times)
Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Least Favorite Vegetable?
Mar 31st, 2013 at 7:02am

Just like it says, what's your least favorite veggie?  This topic may have been used a long time ago but we always have new members so repeat questions usually work.

IP Logged

Tomas
Interfector Viris Spurii

Re: Least Favorite Vegetable?
Reply #1 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 8:22am

Canned vegetables. Anything else is great especially asparagus and collard greens.

IP Logged

Bikewer
Interfector Viris Spurii

I love Slinging.org!

St. Louis, Mo
Reply #2 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 10:21am

We like quite a lot of veggies; asparagus, cauliflower.... most of the biggies.

Unfavorite... Okra.  Local favorite, and huge down south... but I always thought of it as bitter and slimy...

Broccoli, cooked to the point you can eat it, only has a vague "green" flavor.  It's proper place is in cream of broccoli soup... which has so much butter and cream as to be a health hazard.

IP Logged

Bill Skinner
Forum Moderation

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #3 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 10:33am

!.  Bell peppers.  Raw or cooked, if I eat one bite, I will end up sick as a dog.

2.  Okra.  I can tolerate it in gumbo or a really thick stew, but I really don't like the texture.

IP Logged

Dan
Interfector Viris Spurii
SlingingGuide Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #4 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 1:59pm

Growing up, if I didn't eat my vegetibles, I just didn't eat. I learned to like most all of my veggies from a young age.

The only ones I don't really like are peppers that aren't considerably spicy (like green or bell), and kale.

I was pretty good at slinging like 10 years ago.

IP Logged

Steven
Interfector Viris Spurii

RaptorIsAsRaptorDoes

Austin, Tx.
Reply #5 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 2:03pm

Cooked cauliflower or broccoli  Tongue ... like'm both raw though  Wink

A Curmudgeon@Large Civilly Fomenting Anarchy one post at a time...I don't like it is not a valid reason and Everyone knows is not a valid rule...Hi Ho, Hi Ho Its Off To Work I Go; As Ci-vi-lly As I Can Be Hi Ho, Hi Ho, Hi Ho...
THIS ADVICE IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAID FOR IT.

IP Logged

Sasquatchslinger

"Riding through this world
all alone."

New Jersey, USA
Reply #6 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 2:05pm

Steven wrote on Mar 31st, 2013 at 2:03pm:
Cooked cauliflower or broccoli  Tongue ... like'm both raw though  Wink

Thats what I was going to say  dancing banana

Thats for random effect.

“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,& Seven for the Dwarf-lords in halls of stone,& Nine for Mortal Men, doomed to die,& One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne & In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.& One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,& One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.&&In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.” J.R.R. Tolkien

IP Logged

Thunder Chief
Funditor

Don't Panic!

Reply #7 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 2:07pm

Broccoli (I hate it so much, I couldn't even spell it right the first three times:Smiley).  I've learned to tolerate it over the years, and sometimes I'll get a wave of foolish courage and wolf down a few bites, but that smell when it's cooking gets me every time Tongue

We Few, We Happy Few, We Band of Slingers!

Longbowmen draw to the ear!

IP Logged

HurlinThom
Interfector Viris Spurii

Leverage artillerist

Reply #8 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 2:58pm

I like most common vegetables. Bitter melon, not at all common, is the only one that pops into my mind as dreadful.

When all is said and done more will have been said than done.

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #9 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 3:44pm

Cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and Daikon radish gross me out. But I love broccoli, all kinds of leafy greens, and European radishes. Huh

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

perpetualstudent
Interfector Viris Spurii

Slinging Rocks!

Reply #10 - Mar 31st, 2013 at 4:30pm

Brussel Sprouts. I will not eat them. I'll also avoid Lima Beans but I'll eat'em if they're served.

I also echo canned veggies (except corn and carrots). Overcooked and nasty  Tongue

"Facts stand wholly outside our gates; they are what they are, and no more;they know nothing about themselves and they pass no judgement upon themselves. What is it, then, that pronounces the judgement? Our own guide and ruler, Reason."

IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #11 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 4:56pm

Bill Skinner wrote on Mar 31st, 2013 at 10:33am:
!.  Bell peppers.  Raw or cooked, if I eat one bite, I will end up sick as a dog.

2.  Okra.  I can tolerate it in gumbo or a really thick stew, but I really don't like the texture.

Same, minus I cannot tolerate spices on cooked broccoli or cauliflower...
I cannot tolerate ANY kind of sauce on veggies. ANY.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

bigkahuna
past-moderator

Delaware, USA
Reply #12 - Apr 1st, 2013 at 8:20pm

I hate Okra! Tongue

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
John Walker  
IP Logged

Rat Man
Slinging.org Administrator

Slinging Rocks!

New Jersey, USA
Reply #13 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 12:34pm

Mom did right in that we grew up loving our veggies.  As kids my younger sister and I hated bell peppers but we both outgrew that and love them now.  The only vegetable I have a problem with is okra.  It tastes fine but the texture leaves much to be desired.   An okra pod is like a giant ball of snot.  Sorry, but it is.  I've had okra in soups and it's fine like that.  The slime gets cooked out of it.  I've had it deep fried in the South where they fry EVERYTHING and it's very good that way.  Other than okra I love all vegetables.

IP Logged

Rofriedrich

Psalm 140:7

Texas
Reply #14 - Apr 2nd, 2013 at 1:46pm

Ratman, fried ocra is awesome! Us Texans will eat anything if its fried lol. I cannot stand green beans though, uugghh

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, David Morningstar, Mauro Fiorentini)