Welcome, Guest. Please Login
SLINGING.ORG

Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
What happened to Hondero's "History of the Sling"? (Read 10883 times)
Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: What happened to Hondero's "History of the Sli
Reply #15 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 12:04pm

okay - I'll have to hook up with the ftp client and see if I can find the wiki files anywhere on the server.
Although I've got a vague feeling they were hosted offsite somewhere.

(looks through forum copy on his computer)

got a wiki folder - but no database in it.

Looks like we installed the front end of the wiki on the forum and it either created a database that's gone awol or linked to an external server where the database has gone awol.

We did have database problems last year and I suppose it's possible that one of the ones the server people had an issue with was the wiki database.

I'll keep looking.   Thumbs Up

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Thomas

Rocks?

NORTHEAST OHIO
Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2013 at 11:36pm

The history disk is on the way but my pdf files have been made minus as much as six letters deep at the right margin. I don’t remember if this condition was present in the original wiki. Sad

Tom

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #17 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 9:29am

so are the words/letters actually missing ? or has the text just flowed and split the words ?

Do All things with Honour and Generosity: Regret Nothing, Envy None, Apologise Seldom and Bow your head to No One  - works for me Smiley

IP Logged

Thomas

Rocks?

NORTHEAST OHIO
Reply #18 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:23am

Curious Aardvark wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 9:29am:
so are the words/letters actually missing ? or has the text just flowed and split the words ?

CA
All but three pdf files are chopped and the text etc is missing. I also found two more intact pdf’s (7.5mb) that are subject related but not part of that package. I will try to post these directly to this admin forum.
tom

IP Logged

Thomas

Rocks?

NORTHEAST OHIO
Reply #19 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 11:29am

Thomas wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 10:23am:
Curious Aardvark wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 9:29am:

CA
All but three pdf files are chopped and the text etc is missing. I also found two more intact pdf’s (7.5mb) that are subject related but not part of that package. I will try to post these directly to this admin forum.
tom

Not a good idea, since I have no hosting link or posting them directly they are too big.
tom

IP Logged

Masiakasaurus
Forum Moderation

mah-SEE-a-kah-SOR-us

Alabama, USA
Reply #20 - May 11th, 2013 at 7:05pm

Okay, I have the disc of "Historia de la Honda" in my hand. After Mother's Day I will have a computer again and can upload them.

Pikåru wrote on Nov 19th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Massi - WTF? It's called a sling. You use it to throw rocks farther and faster than you could otherwise. That's all. 
~Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily avialable, they will create their own problems.~
WWW elsabio04  
IP Logged

squirrelslinger
Interfector Viris Spurii

peace through superior
firepower

Ky, USA
Reply #21 - May 11th, 2013 at 9:10pm

Putting it on my kindle:P

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
"You don't think the electricity is off. You check it 3 times to make SURE its off"
"Remember, this is not a scalpel. It is a steel wedge that you will be slamming into knotty wood. Hone accordingly."

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Reply #22 - May 14th, 2013 at 6:55am

thomas I've increased the size of pdf files you can attach to a post. Once you upload it's stored in the main forum attachment directory for perpituity.

So please attach any pdfs you can Smiley

IP Logged

MMF

Slinging Rocks

The United States of America
Re: What happened to Hondero's "History of the Sling"?
Reply #23 - Dec 24th, 2021 at 4:24am

Is there still a way to access this translation?
I tried web archive http://slinging.org/wiki2/index.php/Main/HistoriaDeLaHonda]https://web.archive.o...[/url] but all the content is missing

IP Logged

Curious Aardvark
Forum Moderation

Taller than the average
Dwarf

Midlands England
Re: What happened to Hondero's "History of the Sling"?
Reply #24 - Dec 28th, 2021 at 8:51am

Not a clue.
The wiki went tits up and the only person who had the access password went AWOL.

It doesn't look like Thomas ever uploaded the pdfs, though it sounds like squirrelslinget had them.

Could be they've been posted in a thread somewhere.

Can't remember if I ever had them.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: David Morningstar, Bill Skinner, Chris, Masiakasaurus, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Rat Man)