Send Topic Print
FUNDA BALL! (Read 49742 times)
vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Re: FUNDA BALL!
Reply #75 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 7:50pm

It seems like that would  be  the perfect  ammo for the game  then. Could  even put a logo on it as well. If the game is played  with all rules, and regulations  I think it would  be a decently paced game, expecially  if there are like 20 of those nerf footballs  flying  around. Personally  I think they would  have the same flight as the " kresto ".
Ryan

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #76 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 10:21pm

yeah, i'll probably go pick up a few of those, depending on the price.  Smiley

"You are more loved than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." Romans 5:8

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCckkJFheMGBNtMPX8I-Wm9g

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #77 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 11:30pm

Usually  they range from like $2-$5, in stores, and $8; online.  I just  haven't  found  any yet.  But Iwill rreport  when i do. I hhave  a few volunteers that willhelp me out do some  test  when  I get em.
Ryan

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #78 - Mar 12th, 2015 at 11:39pm

Ok, cool tell me once you test it.

"You are more loved than you will ever know, by someone who died to know you." Romans 5:8

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #79 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 4:57am

Ok,I will give a report  once done.
Ryan

IP Logged

TobyC

if life gives you lemons
sling 'em back

palisades, NY
Reply #80 - Mar 13th, 2015 at 7:08pm

at oriental trading they sell mini footballs for $15 per dozen

when injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #81 - Mar 14th, 2015 at 12:50am

I don't have oneof tthosestores close to me, but wwould  they b the ones with the tails? I am referring  to the nerf footballs  with tails. I believe  they might have better  flight paths, but that's what Iwant to find out.
Ryan

IP Logged

LightSlinger
Forum Moderation
slingingsport

All things in Moderation...
Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #82 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 9:51pm

I tried a couple of those mini footballs before and don't find them to be that great honestly.  Now, I don't know if it was just the type of sling, pouch, or the balls, but they didn't fly well at all.  Perhaps if I had made a sling specifically for them they would work better.

When I was working on Fundaball with fervor, I thought these would be ideal, being biconical and all, but I still find myself sticking to the old standby.  Tennis Balls..
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2015 at 10:27pm by LightSlinger »  

Slinging Sport Rank: TIRO.   Highest Merit Award: Sling Crafter 3
I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space
"A sling is a dependent weapon, relying on you for basically everything but mechanical advantage..."

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #83 - Mar 20th, 2015 at 10:42pm

We're you using  the mini nerf footballs? The ones with the tails. That might have made the biggest  difference  in  the  world.  Since  those are in the same category  as  the "cresto". Also have  you done any more  work on this? I was curious  I have been researching  alot of information,  and can be of help.
Ryan

IP Logged

LightSlinger
Forum Moderation
slingingsport

Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #84 - Mar 22nd, 2015 at 11:49pm

Regrettably, I haven't done much with this lately.  I haven't been able to get in much slinging at all really.  Things will pick up eventually I'm sure, but in the meantime, there's just not much in the way of opportunity.

However, If you have some ideas and time to work on the Funda ball project, don't let me stop ya!  I'd love to see em!  I don't really consider this to be MY project exactly.  I posted the first section of the rules in the same spirit that other slingers post tutorials of their sling designs.  So that other slingers can enjoy them!   Wink

I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space
"A sling is a dependent weapon, relying on you for basically everything but mechanical advantage..."

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #85 - Mar 24th, 2015 at 11:32am

Well hopefully  we can see this eventually  get up and  running.  I believe  it would  be a great  hit. I know a few people  who I got iinterested  in  slinging, they were interested  in this as well, when I mentioned  it casually.  I was looking  at safety  gear, and helmets. The helmets  are for hockey, and the jersey  and pants are from  paintball, have  alot of built in padding for safety.  The last one is the  nerf football  I was referring  to.  It has the tail,  I believe that it would  be the best , Istill have to find them and rrun  some tests. All the pics are suggestions, there are tons  of designs  to chose  from and such.
Ryan

IP Logged

LightSlinger
Forum Moderation
slingingsport

Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #86 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 10:24pm

Yep, that stuff is pretty much what I had in mind as well.  Still not sure about the nerf football, but we definately need something similar.  With all the protective gear, we should be okay with tennis balls for most testing in the interim.  Being struck with a ball should be at least a little unpleasant to encourage different tactics and strategies.

I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space

IP Logged

LightSlinger
Forum Moderation
slingingsport

Except for Slinging..

Hanford, California
Reply #87 - Mar 29th, 2015 at 10:09am

I've actually tried to use a nerf football thingy on a couple of occasions.  It didn't work too great in my opinion.  When I slung it I was able to get a spiral, but it also flew in a corkscrew pattern that made accuracy unlikely at best.  I hypothesize that this happened for a couple of reasons:
#1.   I have a feeling that throwing it with even a moderate amount of force caused the soft thing to flatten or distort a bit.
#2.    I think that throwing it from the sling also put a huge amount of spin on it (much more than throwing it by hand) which may have given the, now lopsided, ball some strange flight characteristics.

Finding the right kind of ammo is a stumper for sure...

I am a Demi-Mod...  
PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!
 itty-bitty living space

IP Logged

Blowgunman123

Slinging Tennis Balls

Northern Illinois
Reply #88 - Mar 29th, 2015 at 11:16am

a friend of mine found a great ammo for safe slinging, the problem is, is that they curve, a lot its pretty controllable, but its hard to get used to. here's a picture of what it is. i have a few of them, they are the foam balls that they used to give to you when you went to sports clips, they don't hurt at all and are pretty fun to use, note that these aren't the ones that you find at the dollar store, they don't soak up water.

SDC12331.JPG (367 KB | 210 )
SDC12331.JPG

IP Logged

vetryan15
Slinging.org Moderator

Slinging Rocks!

Northern Maine
Reply #89 - Mar 29th, 2015 at 4:48pm

Now what about  racquet  balls ? They are a little  smaller, solid, and heavier, then the ttennis  balls. Now  the other day I picked up ppractice  golf balls, they are regular  size, yellow dimpled and foam. I got em from  Walmart,  I have yet to have  the opportunity  to try em.
Ryan

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
(Moderators: Rat Man, Mauro Fiorentini, Curious Aardvark, Bill Skinner, LightSlinger, Masiakasaurus, Chris)